This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by <-Warheart->, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Fastbodom

Fastbodom I Spit on Your Grave

the USA jackson pickups (with the raised logo) is a bigger pickup size then the later japanese or Now days pickups, so fitting them in a stock pickup cavity it would fit with luck, the pickup ring is also bigger on the usa versions,

MattK likes this.
  2. MattK

MattK Member

COB-666 likes this.
  3. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

His Alexi guitars alone should have cost around 100,000. But those are not all RV guitars in the vid. He mentioned somwhere, that he has 3 or 4 different scythe guitars

MattK likes this.
  4. MattK

MattK Member

Did you see the super strat where he put REAL diamonds in the body.. few post back from nov 17th lol JEEZ

5. SIND

SIND Member

He's also got this absolutely sick version of Roope's Iommi crosses RR too!

MattK likes this.
  6. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

Which post is that?

MattK likes this.
  7. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

I did a rough count and he should have about 30-35 Alexi guitars. Most of the guitars he has are doubles or triples. In addition, there are easily 30-40 other guitars. It's crazy. Too bad he can't really play.

MattK likes this.
  8. SIND

SIND Member

I remember seeing it posted on eBay for like a day and then the listing disappeared and later on, he posted these pictures. It’s not exactly like Roope’s, but it’s so similar that it’s clear where the influence is from.

Attached Files:

9. MattK

MattK Member

10. Sany

Sany Member

11. Whiteknuckle Deathgrip

The collector is living in Britain, and he's also posted on 'Bodom After Midnight' facebook group once or twice. His ripped and hexed guitars are the ones that were made alongside Alexis. Only those 4 were originally made as far as we know.

https://www.facebook.com/seta.wang

I bet he's studied and worked his ass off to have all that. We don't know how he prioritise his economy. Maybe his apartment is small, maybe he doesn't own cars or a house. Maybe he's unmarried with no children.

12. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

I wonder if the original WildChild and Stone guitars are in his possession (if those 2 are still exist - /in their original form) I mean of course he wasn't the one who "ordered" them (if any...), he was still a kid in 2002, but he seems financially stable (and a fan) enough to put the right amount of money on the table if someone offers such a gem.

Otherwise good for him, I'm not envy at him (of course a bit jealous) and if he could afford them, I say "go for it" :headbang:

(I hope someone is willing to sell me a white RR24 finally, I have the money, but sellers are tough to deal with, don't wanna ship, one has even ghosted me, after we've set the business...like what the heck, c'mon man it's not the Tinder:rofl: ...)

Thanks, well yeah, some similarities, but the front pick guard has ruined the whole picture for me, I don't like pg on Rhoads (most of the cases)

13. MattK

MattK Member

I’m not criticizing him hahah, just wild to see a collection of this magnitude.

14. -AnzzA-

-AnzzA- Member

Oh these are pretty cool. I've had one just like this and an Edwards RV-138. I'm not a big fan of dot inlays so that's why I got rid of my KRV. The 138 I sold because at the time I wanted to try a Jackson Rhoads and I ended up buying a RR24M.

15. MattK

MattK Member

I was thinking if I got it I’d put like a cross inlay stack like roope has over the dots or something lol. Yeah I don’t like the dots either

16. Zman

Zman O.X.Y.

That is an amazing collection. Oh and he does not only own Alexi's signature or inspired guitars but he gets all kind of stuff (Dimebag, Ken Lawrence, Gus G, Jeff Loomis, you name it).

That has to be the most amazing guitar collection I have ever seen because I can totally relate, those being mostly metal oriented guitars.

Damn I thought my long time dream to own all ESP Alexi signature japanese models was huge but this guy is just on another level haha! I have to congratulate him for his love of the intrument and the amazing tribute to Alexi his collection is. It's great to see stuff like this!

17. srob7001

srob7001 I shred faces off for fun

-Anzza-
    SIND
    <Arcane>
    Fastbodom

Thank you all for the info you were able to provide me on the pickup. Will check it out tonight as it showed up in the mail today.

Will post back in this thread, or maybe start a new one all about the J-50BC, just to let people know what I find once I measure them with my digital calipers and try it in a standard pickup ring. Info may get lost in this thread.

If the standard rings don't work, I'll get some custom ones on order.

The one that showed up today is a non raised logo, but have another one I found that should show up next week, but it has the raised logo cover, so deff. want to compare them.

SIND likes this.
  18. MattK

MattK Member

19. SIND

SIND Member

Not sure if you guys have seen this, but it looks like Musamaailma is going to be carrying a brand new Edwards version of the Arrowhead Laiho model! Glad to see it's coming with the MM-04, which the previous versions did not have, and that they've got a nicer bag with them. Also the part about them having an improved cutaway like Alexi's later custom shop models sounds very intriguing! https://www.musamaailma.fi/en/esp-edwards-arrowhead-alexi-laiho-signature-sahkokitara-softcase

MattK likes this.
  20. MattK

MattK Member

Yes, I’m pretty interested. Kind of bugs me it is 300 euros more than the katana, any idea why? Doesn’t seem like it should be that much more.

also would want the neck painted black