This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Just a heads up... In the next week or two we will be making some major upgrades to the site to bring the software and server fully up to date. While the upgrade happens the site will be offline for the day. There will be some quirkiness after the upgrade, but we'll get it all sorted out.
    Dismiss Notice

the clean start in My Twin

Discussion in 'Katatonia' started by myownsilence, Jul 5, 2008.

1. myownsilence

myownsilence The Influenced

Anyone who has seen my bizare posts knows Im a mad hobbyest sound engineer, and this album has tought me a lot! (believe it or not I am actually doing a lot better with my sound now because of it).

One interesting area is the clean intro to my twin. It sounds quite interesting as there appear to be 2 guitars one plying the low note and another the higher notes with a synth style effect.

Just before I sign of to reference my last posts I have nailed a lot of the sound in my recordings, I have found the trick is in your recording software is to look at cutting certain frequencies - specially if you want them to sound tight and punch through.

2. Vincent J.

Vincent J. Member

Hmm, sounds like just one guitar to me as far as I can judge with this pc-output

3. leliel

leliel New Metal Member

i would say there is two guitars in the intro.
    if you listen to it you can hear both of them.
    Katatonia mixed it so it would probablly just sound like one.

4. Vincent J.

Vincent J. Member

Tell me where you hear the second guitar then. I mean in the clean guitar, I'm not talking about the high feedback of course.
    I listened to it a lot on my expensive headphones now and I still don't see why one should think there's two guitars there.
    The low note doesn't sound like it has different effects or anything than the high notes.
    The only thing I could think about is that the panning doesn't sound exactly the same, but still I think it's played by one guitar.