Separate names with a comma.
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by JeffTD, Feb 23, 2010.
Definitely have to try them out.
I just wanted to ask if there were changes concerning the bpm?
Some reamps are faster than the others.
If I'm playing the backing track I have a lot more beats per minutes. I'm just curious and wondering if my soundcard is setup right. Everything else sounds fine.
Thanks in advance!
Every time I try to grab the DI tracks I get a page saying the website is down. Can someone post a mirror? I'd like to give these a go.
Sorry guys, I've been bouncing around trying to find a new permanent host lately. Settled on a DB pro account and will be updating links for all my old bigger posts containing this kind of stuff over the next week or so.
That's cool man. No worries. I'm just grateful you offered these, even though I'm so late to the party. Thanks for the Dropbox link!
Long time lurker, first time posting a mix I worked on haha.
I used BIAS Desktop with a TSE 808.
I never really worked with fading something out so I tried to in Reaper. If you guys could give me some tips on improving the fade out, it would be appreciated.
Fading individual items in Reaper using the fade controls that pop up when you hover over the edge of items will affect how hard those items hit the FX chain- so if you're using guitar DIs, instead of gradually fading out the signal, you simply choke the life out of the DIs and reduce the amount of signal going into your amp sim. I think bringing up the master track and using volume automation is probably a better option.
Ok, that definitely sounds better. Thanks!
My turn! First ever mix on this website. Some advice would be appreciated!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u852u1viv50bqtd/Rose of Sharyn Rough Mix.wav?dl=0
Here's my take - I'm using Ignite TS999 OD (I find it fatter than TSE808) -> TSE X50 v2 -> Ownhammer Mesa 4x12 Impulse Response. Some Post-EQ here and there but nothing drastic.
Mixed on Macbook speakers for the lulz Hope ya dig!
Guitar tone only:
Better quality files since Soundcloud quality blows:
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5864881/rose of sharyn.wav
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5864881/rose of sharyn guitar tone.wav
This is my version with drums added but no bass yet tell me what you think iStill need to out cymbals in at the last minute or 2 but yea. If you want iCould make the stems for the drums and put them in a compressed file.
5 years later haha I just started mixing for real though, so figured I'd give my go at this guitar tone as it's pretty kickass. Tried to stay as true to the original as possible. A major part of the tone is the bass though, so a MIDI version for it would be nice, but I didn't bother typing it in manually Well done with the DI's!
Here's re-amp with hardware pre-amp custom designed by me (80% analog, the other 20% is cabinet simulator):
Just for fun, I didn´t take Jeffs DIs, but recorded my own ;-)
Nice tone and playing!
i wanted to make a video that helps people learn to play the song. The backing track at a lower tempo helped me to explain how to play the individual parts of the song. Thank you a lot for that!
I used LePou plugins to get as close as possible to the Killswitch tone. Any feedback is highly welcome!
really old version i done of this about 5 years ago. pretty scrappy playing tho
also a declaration cover i done pretty much at the same time. How things have moved on from amplitube
Here is my mix for the song. Thank you for the DI's !
I didn't use the bass and drum track, but programmed my own, using trillian and SSL.
Guitars: BIAS + EQ matching.