This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Wait For You...

...you know you cannot hide. Join the forum today!

The dumbass thread

Discussion in 'Nevermore' started by Dead Winter, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Morbides

Morbides Member

This thread is gold: funny, sad, serious and in the end, pointless.
    She should team up with the 'double rainbows' guy.

2. Frosties

Frosties Blind @ heart

3. Liverslapper

Playing poker on Facebook. Word for word from the chatbox.

Uzgjan: were are you from?
    Steve: Mordor!
    Steve: Ever heard of the place?
    Steve: You know of Middle Earth?
    Uzgjan: no
    Steve: *facepalm*
    Steve: I give up on humanity.
    Uzgjan: adn you
    Steve: I'm from mordor
    Uzgjan: you from?
    Steve: It's a really common place?!

4. Swabs

Swabs HAHA COOL

Dude...

5. Morbides

Morbides Member

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/297188

6. Lord Foul

Lord Foul I don't spank men

This sort of thing was used for decades to keep Black voters in the South from being able to register to vote and possibly improve their situation.

7. Dead Winter

Dead Winter STAHP

Well now we can give it to dumb white voters to keep them from being able to register to vote and possibly improve the situation for everyone else.

8. Shpongled

Shpongled Member

Any way you slice it though, that idea is like mankind turning around and running back the way they came. You can't just up and tell someone that they can't do what they've been used to doing all their lives without some sort of equal or greater reaction. While you're at it, you might as well tell the stupid honkeys they're going to be slaves if they fail the test.

9. WhiteBeastofWotan

WhiteBeastofWotan Apostitutes!

The problem is that the quality of education is not equal between predominantly white populations and predominantly black populations. Which is more of a result of economics than racism, but the fact remains that such an exam would have more of the effect that David mentioned.

10. Yetti

Yetti Active Member

You made a thread about me? :oops:

11. Det Som Engang Var

Det Som Engang Var Viking Bastard

I know...I'm ashamed of myself, frankly. I know it has something to do with water and the sun.

12. theoden236

theoden236 Soul Wandering

I think it's called refraction. Happens when sunlight reflects off the water droplets, displaying the full colort spectrum. There's education at work right there.

13. Lord Foul

Lord Foul I don't spank men

Indeed. In fact the light is refracted on the way in, reflected off the back of the droplet, and refracted again on the way out.

14. Dead Winter

Dead Winter STAHP

It's the same as a prism.

15. Det Som Engang Var

So I basically knew what it was just not the term for it.

16. neal

neal wizard in black

this post is quite funny. if you read it in the same context as david's post, which is how you typed it, the actual meaning is the opposite of the commie filth you were attempting to spew. voter comprehension test failed! out of the booth with you!

17. Dead Winter

Dead Winter STAHP

Um, no...it's exactly what I wanted to say. I wrote it in the context as a sort of ironic reciprocal of what David said: give the test to dumb white voters and it will improve the situation for everyone else. David said that it was given to blacks, thereby rendering their situation worse. I say give it to everyone and it will sort itself out automatically. You have to take a test to become a citizen of the US, why the hell shouldn't you have to take a test to vote?

Or you can just continue like you're doing, it doesn't really matter to me. You're the ones living among some of the most retarded people in the world. If that floats yer boat, go ahead and keep the status quo. I know everything that makes sense is labeled "commie" in the US, so good luck with that.

18. Det Som Engang Var

But who has the right to design and regulate such a test?

Beyond that, and forgive me for sounding like an over patriotic zealot (I despise this country), but it was (supposed) to be founded on equality. It's my belief that no matter how much more "intelligent", well spoken, civilized, or even productive a person might be than another, it doesn't make them a better person.

But what do I know? I'm a complete waste of life.

19. Dead Winter

Dead Winter STAHP

It's not about being better or worse but knowing what's best for the country. Just because there are more people who vote for a candidate doesn't mean that person would be best for the country, but that's what elections are for and that's what the popular vote is. Whether left or right, one should know SOMETHING about who they're voting for and not just rhetoric. You have to take a test to become a citizen, to drive, to enter military service, so why not vote? Do you feel your rights are trampled on because you have to take a test to get a driver's license as well? Of course not.

It all boils down to education, and since the education system in the US is completely fucked, a voting test wouldn't be out of line. No one is going to fix education, Dem, Lib, or Rep.

The bottom line is people need to be held accountable for their own ignorance when it comes to electing leaders. The US can't afford an ever-growing dumber populace to elect someone like them, therefore, I think tests for voting would be a good idea. So many people vote without knowing anything about the world around them or even in their own country. If there are enough of them, that means that the majority could be a bunch of morons, thereby electing a moron. If people want their vote counted, they need to do something more besides convert oxygen into carbon dioxide.

Sometimes being right is more important than being fair. Sometimes I think that a New World Order would be a better alternative than leaving the country in the hands of its citizens. Of course, that would only bring about tyranny. Catch-22.

20. Det Som Engang Var

I see your point.

I hate our political system anyway, and I don't see how it could have ever worked for long. (Again, I'm probably the most uneducated person here) On that note, I just watched V For Vendetta for the first time. Pretty decent.