This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

The end of Dissection

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by DoomsdayZach, Aug 19, 2006.

1. DoomsdayZach

DoomsdayZach The Professor was right

So i watched the dissection dvd today. it was awesome.

2. control-denied777

i think he was a good musician !I respect him as a musician but as a human? I cant say what kind of a person he was really!

3. dargormudshark

dargormudshark Senior Member

A reward that lies in his grave

Once again, there is no rational basis for those alternatives.

First of all you are looking up "Multiverse", as for the issue of multiverse the universe definition had to be first (at least I'm 99% sure, haven’t studied it too much). If the Universe def. was first than that cancels out the multiverse, if there were parallels it would be covered in the universe-the sum of matter. Its kind of like Batman-The Mask of the Phantasm came out before Batman Begins but then when Batman Begins came out it totally contradicted Mask of the Phantasm, those rotten bastards!

Then why take a leap of faith that demand you devote your life to something that doesn't exist. Its a huge and life damning leap to take.

The best way I can approach your concept of original sin is to do a direct quote from Atlas Shrugged:

"Do not hide behind the cowardly evasion that man is born with free will, but with a "tendency" to evil. A free will saddled with a tendency is like a game with loaded dice. It forces man to struggle through the effort of playing, to bear responsibility and pay for the game, but the decision is weighted in favor of a tendency that he had no power to escape. If the tendency is of his choice, he cannot possess it at birth; if it is not of his choice, his will is not free."

4. HaPPyPaNDa

HaPPyPaNDa New Metal Member

Yes, sometimes it is like playing with loaded dice, to the extent that it's difficult, but the power to escape is always there. Almost every time I do something I know is wrong, I have made a conscious decision to do it anyway. There was nothing forcing me to do it or not do it.

Why couldn't he possess it at birth? When we are born, we have a tendency to 'relieve ourselves' whenever the urge strikes. Over time, we learn to utilize proper restraint and wait until we have found a toilet.

How was it not your choice to be potty trained? You can still continue to poop your pants if you wanted to, and you can still use a toilet if you want to.

5. Guitardeth

Guitardeth Drick bärs nu för faan!

Jon was a great composer during the 90's. Why judge him unless you really knew him?