This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The fee to hire the Queensrÿche bands is now public...

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by labrekk, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Metal_Camden

Metal_Camden Member

Haha Like a giant fire breathing dragon as a back drop!

Fo sho! Sometimes I would think that the percentage is even more than one of the best Front of House engineers. as long as we are talking like 15% and a band that can actually husstle some merch

I don't really get what you are saying here, but it could just be me. To my understanding most Managers will take a monthly fee and then a percentage of the income from royaltees on cds or anything that has to do with the record label paying the band. Cds on tour would go towards the record sales, thus manager getting a cut off of that, but im almost sure that soft printed items are the bread and butter of the musicians today. I dont think that most managements will take a cut off that, since usually the bands are 100% responsible for the printing costs and selling of that, unless its a deal where the label pretty much owns the band and then print their merch for them. However, I would hope to never do that, and keep soft printed items (basically anything that is not the MUSIC) 100% to the band. Afterall, thats what's keeping several smaller bands afloat! Take Periphery for example. Their merch store is HUGE. They even have a saying on their facebook page, 'Periphery: A shirt store that also makes music'. :lol:

werrrrd! I want to share a bus, hahahaha

HAHAHA isnt that what most of this forum is? LOL All in good fun!

True that! I suppose I was just thinking of gigantic bands for the most part.

Haha its all good man, It made for good discussion! lol. given all the drama with both bands, I would say they are lucky they are getting what they are. You can still make a living off of that, easily, if you dont want to tour in luxury and have a ton of production costs. It's amazing to see how bands that were once in their prime, have something happen, and their stock like gets cut in half or even worse. I would say that (on a smaller scale than QR) Stratovarius is a prime example of this. All that stuff that happened with Tolki deffinitelly had an effect on the band. I am just glad they continue to put out good music, and plan on continuing! Sometimes it's nice to get a new flavor of a band when they have a few changes, ya know?

2. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Master of Corgis

Cam - don't you have some more planning to do? :)

Re:Queensryche - they sold out a 6000 seat venue in Dallas just a few years ago on the Mindcrime II tour, with no opening act.

That said, TateRyche couldn't even get enough ticket sales to play whats normally a 600 ticket sellout at Trees, and had to move to a tiny venue down the street lat year..

I'd pay $25 to see Queensryche with LaTorre as headliners for a tour show.

3. Metal_Camden

Metal_Camden Member

haha, my entire life so far consists of planning. I saw the toddryche band it it was great!!!

4. Angrafan

Angrafan Member

To a CURRENT multi platinum band it is ridiculously low. 20K a night is pretty damn good for Queensrÿche now days. I can't see a scenario where a promoter brings in enough revenue at a QR gig to pay a lot more than 20k per night.

5. Prog_Muse

Prog_Muse Ëana Novía

Yeah. I called this months ago. It was obvious to me. It was the only thing that made sense. Pfft. Eff Tate.