This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The Game Thread

Discussion in 'CoB Off-topic' started by SteveMCsteve, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

I have a feeling that 90% of you will be flipping out as much as I did when you see this :)

http://www.elderscrolls.com

It was just announced last night, and it's due for November 2011. They said they've actually been working on it since they finished Fallout 3. It's going to take place in Skyrim (Fuck yeah! Nords ftw!) and there is even talk of multiplayer (holy shit). Either way, I don't think I've ever been this excited for a game ever.

2. CliffBurton

CliffBurton Member

3. Leandro

Leandro ¬¬

4. Ensi

Ensi CAT WITH FUKKEN PODS

I tried playing Oblivion but it didn't seem like such a OMGJIZZTASTIC GAEM DERP.

Also:

Mafia 2 is good, although you spend 2/3's of it driving around where they could easily just put a cutscene instead.

The Godfather 1 is OK, although it is ridicoulus. I go in a business and clear it of enemy mobsters, going to extort the owner and suddenly 4 guys spawn behind me with guns. Fuck this game.

5. dreams_of_eternal_hate

dreams_of_eternal_hate I'm in space

I want mah Portal 2, god damn it. :mad:

6. CliffBurton

CliffBurton Member

Kids don't get immersible RPGs. They all have the ADD.

7. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

I personally like Morrowind better, but that's just me. Such an old game, but loaded with so much epicness :)

8. Chamet

Chamet Keepin' it bonzer

Might as well post this here :p A little something I put together in UDK

I didn't make any of the level or the characters. All I did was the animation and camera work.

#1548 Chamet, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  9. StoneWoman

StoneWoman Member

I didn't know whether I should write this in the Random Shit thread or here, so whatever :lol:
    I've just re-downloaded Mafia I just for the sake of it, cause I used to play it 5-6 years ago, and good lord I suck at it much more than I used to back then :lol: It took me like one hour to complete 3 missions and I got stuck at the 4th one and I practically flailed my gun in front of the mafia guy so he started yelling at everyone else before I even got to shoot him, so I freaked out and got in the car and ran away with 3 cars AND a madman with a gun chasing me, then they were getting closer and closer and bumping into me, so I said FUCK POLICE and I took off the speed limit option thing, and then police actually detected me :lol: So I got 3 mafia cars PLUS a police one PLUS a madman with a gun running after me and all my self-control faded away and I bumped into a wall big time and then they bumped my rear and I couldn't move the car anymore, then they got me out of my car and I started poking them with my baseball stick and police came and arrested me when I had 32 life left. FUCK YEAH, I felt like a fucking hero for a second, and then I realized I actually failed even harder this way, cause I didn't even die in glory, and the mission ended anyway, so I exited the game and it stopped responding, so I restarted and (THINK I) lost everything, or maybe I didn't, but then again, I'll never play that shit again so :lol:

tl;dr I fail at games, and who would've thought I was actually planning to play Mafia II. Ha ha. :cool:

edit: THERE ARE CHEATS :kickass: ! Didn't use them when I played the game first time and it went pretty smoothly, probably smoother than it will go even WITH cheats now. :lol: But I don't care, I'll use the fact I'm a girl as an excuse. :lol: Wouldn't be the first time, and I can live with it :lol:

edit2: can't even get the damned passwords to work :lol: Oh well, Sims or nothing. :(

10. Muffin

Muffin Dusk..

Haha! I bought Mafia a couple of months ago, and i honestly havent gotten much farther.. Games were harder back in the days yo

Just bought Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon after me and my dad spent the entire last night talking about old war games we used to play(i got him the Delta Force collection, first games we played together)
    So yeah, looking forward to some nostalgia there.

11. Crzy_Aus

Crzy_Aus Crazy Violin Guy

I don't think "immersible" is the word you're looking for...

Also, Oblivion sux ballz.

12. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

What game in the genre would you say is better? Or have you played enough of Oblivion to even say?

13. Leandro

Leandro ¬¬

The genre itself sucks, that's the problem.

"Immersible" in oblivion's case seems to be a code word for "empty shell character without personality of any kind". It's a bit like twilight if you think about it, except more explicit.

14. CliffBurton

CliffBurton Member

Fallout New Vegas
    FINNALLLLYYYY

Fuck yeah Benny's pistol...

15. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

My brother bought the game few weeks ago. I haven't played it yet but if it is as good as people say, I'm gonna love it like I Fallout 3.

By the way, has anyone played Dead Space, Devil May Cry 4 or Brutal Legend? I ordered those three days ago when I had nothing else to do with my money. I know that Devil May Cry 4 is gonna be great cause no one has said it's worse than DMC2. I have no idea about Dead Space. I tested the Dead Space 2 demo other day and after that I had to buy the first one, though it may not be as polished as it's follower. And what comes to Brutal Legend... I don't even know why the hell I bought that. Maybe it was the low price (12€) or it's demo left a nice first impression. Well, I'll see that when I get my hands to it.

16. the stone's hinge

the stone's hinge Professional Do-Gooder

Dead Space is fun. Brutal Legend is kind of an introductory game [at least it was for me] for those realtime war-strategy games, where you command troops and shit and build things. Kind of like a lighter, metally version of Starcraft. Only a little less cool, and way about early American and Brit metal.

17. Necroraven

Necroraven Member

Fallout: New Vegas is awesome. Clearly the Best Fallout since Fallout 2. For casual gamers it might look just like Fallout 3 at first glance, but anyone who is familiar with the original games immediately notices the difference. Although people have complained about the bugs etc. I haven't noticed much (I play on PC), but still it's clearly a lot more polished than Obsidian's games in general.

Well that's just like your opinion, man.

Well, in a game where you create a character yourself, how could it have any kind of personality unless you create one yourself?

18. ChockeHoldTerror

ChockeHoldTerror Survived Lake Bodom

Maple story{JK!!},battle field <3

19. Macharius

Macharius Thank you for noticing.

Been thinking about hooking up the snes and playing that for a while. I kinda, beat all those games you're talking about.

20. snowy

snowy The Empire Strikes Back

Did that some months ago.. somehow it sucked, that was kinda sad because I used to love that thing and all the games but they werent as good as I imagined :( super star wars is still pretty cool but thats it