This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The Game Thread

Discussion in 'CoB Off-topic' started by SteveMCsteve, Oct 16, 2009.

1. TheKid

TheKid OFR

I'm downloading FC3: Blood Dragon after my exam today, and blasting through that shit with my best friend tomorrow after our last exam. Want to get my hands on Dark Souls this summer too.

Holy shit, is that a Se7en .gif? :lol:

2. CliffBurton

CliffBurton Member

Fantastic, missed that post.

Co-worker said some shit about Xbox/Ps4 being years ahead of current PC graphics and I nearly sliced my fucking arm off laughing, still doesn't believe that Xbox one isn't as powerful as my current PC.

I'm debating getting a new mobo/cpu soon, but will probably wait a year. CPU is the only thing that could be considered old on my PC, AMD PhenomIIx4. Still runs Crysis3 on recommended settings, and basically everything else on full resolution max settings (bioshock, Dishonourd, Deus Ex, and Skyrim w/mods).

*sigh*

Simple people.

3. TheKid

TheKid OFR

Just finished the main "campaign" story of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and holy shit, that was the most fun I've had playing a game since Skyrim came out. Even games I liked more, eg Mass Effect 3, were just nowhere near as fun. The final end section was everything that I expected/wanted and so, so much more.

GOTY 2013 for me (don't buy many games, but this was 100% worth its price)

4. CliffBurton

CliffBurton Member

Its stitting on my desktop next to FC3 at about 70% completion. Great games, but I'm fucking terrible at them :erk:

Also how is ME3, is a playthrough of ME1 and 2 necessary? I played the first one a bit, and didn't really like it. Many of the games I just got with my Ps3 will be traded in/sold for updated ones. Been playing Heavenly Sword, and really not liking it, especially compared to DMC made by the same guys recently, which was awesome...

Out of all the games with my PS3, I've been playing this indie game off PSN called Outland. 3D Side Scrolling platformer/action. Super fun!

5. TheKid

TheKid OFR

ME is one of my favourite series of all time but if you play it just for the gameplay you'll be sorely disappointed. Story and characters makes it, need to play all 3 IMHO. First game's combat is full retard, the sequels improve on that massively to make it somewhat more playable.

6. TheKid

TheKid OFR

Downloaded Dark Souls today, holy fucking shit is that game hard

7. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

I can't stand that game.

8. Ensi

Ensi CAT WITH FUKKEN PODS

Dark Souls is a game for people who like to go to online-forums and say that it is omgsuperhard.

Just booted up Red Faction: Armageddon. Been having it laying around in my steam library and haven't gotten around to play it. Tried it a bit just now but you continously get these fetch quests.

GO COLLECT THESE 3 WE NEED THEM

GO FIX THIS

GO DO THIS

I meanserislyniggawut

9. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

This. I tried it once and it just proved me how casual gaming audience is these days. It indeed is harded than your everyday Cowadoody but in the end it's not even that hard. Might try it again in the future but for now I'm not interested at all. Combat was kinda shitty but I liked the setting and atmosphere. Not still enough to make me use dozens of hours to play no-fun-allowed grindfest with stiffy controls. If I want a grindfest, I play Disgaea.

10. predator2353

predator2353 Member

E3 2013?

Microsoft pretty much shot themselves in the foot. Having timed exclusives which will eventually come out on the PS4. TV TV TV.

EA delivered. Showed plenty of gameplay.

Ubi showed mostly cinematics. WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT CINEMATICS? SHOW US SOME GAMEPLAY DICKWADS!111!

Sony pretty much won the whole E3 by showing plenty of games, supporting used games and indie developers. Not to mention that $399 price. Both PS4 and Xbox One look like crap tho.

Nintendo showed some a new Pokemon game (cool I guess, since I own a 3DS), new Mario game which didn't surprise me enough. It didn't look better than Galaxy for sure. Mario Karting? Looks the same like the last one, didn't get me there. New SSBB - not bad. And pretty much the same with the new Donkey Kong game. We had one like some 1-2 years ago. The reason why I'm not excited about any of those games is because they don't even bother to make a new IP. They've been milking this shit for such a long time that now it's all the same to me.

Square Enix announced Kingdom Hearts 3 which made me pretty happy. Also FF15 looks slick, glad they renamed it after realizing what flop 13 is, so I guess they don't want anyone to associate it with that.

Cool, let's talk some games now. I personally cannot wait for MGS5, being the MGS fanboy that I am. I was expecting those fucks to finally show Zone of the Enders 3, but no, not this year as well... Destiny, my god I am uber fuckin excited for that game! The demo looked good, overall the world and the gameplay appeal so much to me. It's gonna be fun to play this with friends for sure. I want to conclude with The Witcher 3. Witcher 1 & 2 having a badass lore and gameplay, I think that cd projekt red will do even better this time around. I kinda wonder how the open world will work. I have the same thoughts about MGS5, because it will also have open world.

Well that wraps my E3 experience. I'm sure there's plenty to talk about, so share your E3 experience. Which games are you guys excited about? What are your thoughts about the press conferences? Let's get this shit going!

11. CliffBurton

CliffBurton Member

With a fucking Tsar Bomb no less.

Tom Calancy's Division looks incredible if it comes out nice, and I'm probably going to be getting a 3DS for smash bros, im deabting a Wii U, but Probably not.

IN any case I wont be buying any new consoles for at least a year, probably two since this generation lasted like 7-8 years... and I spent a gooood long time making fun of the PS3 release conference.

ITS RIDGE RACER!!!

RIIIIiiIIIiiIIIDDGE RAACCEEEERRRrrrrrr....

12. Ensi

IT IS FROM A GAME YOU ALL PROBABLY PLAYED IT IS GOOD I PROMISE

#1912 Ensi, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  13. CliffBurton

CliffBurton Member

What ya'll buy in the summer sale so far?! I went overboard, definitely, and have been buying games I've played and liked that I never bought :p, as well as random "oh shit its $5 why not".

Cs:GO
    L4D2
    Darksiders2
    Borderlands2
    Mass Effect 1 and 2
    XCOM
    Chivalry
    Sleeping Dogs
    Duke Nukem 3D fuck yea
    Hotline Miami
    Magika
    Batman Arkham games
    Torchlight 2
    Poker Night 2
    Skyim all expansions.

Everything I wanted going in has come up as a flash/daily, as I doubt Deadpool is going ot go up.

If Natural Selection goes down, I'll get that, and Saints Row 3rd, as I missed the first time, and my friends are playing it and it looks badass.

edit: and falloutNV yee

14. Ensi

-Skyrim: Legendary Edition (everything).
    -Hotline Miami (was super cheap and heard it's pretty fun)
    -Sonic 3 and Knuckles (nostalgia)

It is incredibly fun to play. It's like a super fun, over the top, no fucks given GTA. It's amazing. Can't wait for the 4th installment!

15. TheKid

TheKid OFR

yes.jpg

why not ME3 though?

Also, let me know how Sleeping Dogs is, my friend really wanted me to play it, looked cool af but never got round to getting it.

why would you do this if you already have Skyrim

16. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

Torchlight 2, the witcher 1 and 2, Darksiders 2, Tomb Raider Legend, Legacy of Kain pack, and Batman Arkham City GOTY. There's other stuff I want but I just bought my car over the weekend finally so that set me back quite a bit.

17. TheKid

TheKid OFR

oh damn, make/model/year?

semi-related; I got my provisional license in the post the other day, I can actually have driving lessons now. Time flies

18. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

19. TheKid

TheKid OFR

20. CliffBurton

CliffBurton Member

Came with the PS3 I bought, same reason I didn't grab Dark Souls.
    Though my friend, who sold me the PS3 is trying to convince me to buy a PC copy because of multiplayer :p.
    If can sell the PS3 copy for the same price I will.

Also grabbed Max Payne Series, but many of the sales popping up now are repeats.

And I've spent way too much video games, and now my co-worker is trying to sell me Ps3 games that I've never heard of.

And I've been one dungeon away from last boss of Skyward Sword for about a month now. I did the thing where you fight every boss battle in a row with no heals and one shield, and just a bit more, then a power surge shut my Wii off without saving :(