This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The Game Thread

Discussion in 'CoB Off-topic' started by SteveMCsteve, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Ensi

Ensi CAT WITH FUKKEN PODS

I've been playing a lot of League Of Legends lately, it's actually kinda fun..

But god fucking damnit the community is utter shit, you get one half-fucked potato retard after another, EVERY GAME.

2. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

lmao.

Yeah, I don't have nearly enough patience for that game.

I'll stick to Guild Wars, at least the community kind of forces you to be a team player if you're going to get anything done well.

3. Ensi

Welcome to League of Legends, where if someone fucks up, it's all your fault.

4. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

This. Community was the main reason why I never got too much into it.. One of my friends has played it since launch and he's always ranting about how the gaming experience is ruined by community. After few matches I uninstalled the game and later thought of playing DotA2 to see if the community is any better. Too bad I never got to play it because my precious laptop BSOD'd everytime I launched DotA2. Gotta love this piece of shit that's been serving me like five years.

5. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

DotA2 is alright, but I guess moba games just haven't really clicked with me. They're alright, but I really don't get what all of the hype is about.

6. Ensi

With a friend or two (or four, the more the better) MOBA games are very fun. I've done some crazy shit and gotten some ludicrously hilarious kills and getaways playing LoL.

Thing is that.. Playing a game which is super team-dependent with random ass strangers (in this case 13 year olds who only care about kills) makes people lose their shit.

Most people I play with seem to over-extend WAY more than they should, then end up dying to an easily prevented gank, or even more retardedly, to the enemy turret. Then they proceed to blame me, because "I didn't help". Or they blame the jungler because he "didn't gank". I always want to shout out at them in chat saying "you retarded fuckmonkey, stop dropping the soap and getting yourself killed!!", but I don't, because it just adds to the toxicity.

In MOBA games, the saying "pick your fights carefully" is key.

I try to be blissfully ignorant when I can, and it usually works out.

7. predator2353

predator2353 Member

I don't play LoL anymore just because of the shitty community. They expect you to be a diamond league player in every god damn game. If you're losing, you're gonna get tons of shit from everyone, even your opponents. There's always someone to blame, there isn't even the option of "yeah, we kinda suck, they're better than us".

8. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

Me and a few friends got Civilization 5 and all of it's expansions during the steam sale. Soooooooooo much fun. We spent probably 8 hours the other night playing it. Don't think we finished one match either.

9. Arystar

Arystar Kissing In The Shadows

I like playing it, what I dislike is the noobs, people who intentionally feed and dont use their brain/ no teamwork etc..
    like for instance when you die and opponent flees with 50 HP bcuz ur partner ran instead of doing some hits...

10. Ensi

If anyone wanna play with a n00b hit me up, Salte Chips @ EUW.

11. CliffBurton

CliffBurton Member

Was tons o fun and a cool story, although incredibly ridiculous at times. Its a GTA clone where guns are suuuuper rare but your hand to hand is hundred times better, and you drive on the wrong side of the road... which I never got used to and was really annoying actually. Also, if you get it on steam, it will keep a score of various things you do and compare them to your friends. Somehow Ensi was able to drive for 1m 47s without fucking up and crashing into shit... the game CONSTANTLY reminded me of this, as I think my best was like 30 seconds. It didn't bother me that much, since my "jump kicking people to the face" score destroyed all of theirs.

Also looking forward to the Max Payne series. I played the first one way back when, and wanted to get into the second one but it wont ever run :(, tried various googling and errethang. I think Mass Effect 2 is next.

Finally. Dark Souls. Fuck that shit, so hard.

12. dreams_of_eternal_hate

dreams_of_eternal_hate I'm in space

Hey everyone,
    Any Civ5 players on CoBOT?

13. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

*raises hand*

14. TheKid

TheKid OFR

Ah great, will definitely acquire that one in the near future then.

doitdoidoit

I love ME more than I should. Nearly at the end of 3 again. For the third time. Within the last year.

THIS. I don't give a fuck how hardcore you are, on some level it must be accepted by all that it is a grueling experience.

15. CliffBurton

CliffBurton Member

MY keyboard is a peice of trash, wireless AAA batteries. I've dropped it countless times and the batteries constantly come lose in the compartment. Playing anything mouse/keybaord right now is INFURIATING, and ME1 reminded me of that.. too lazy to get a new keybaord and don't want to get a wired one, I have enough wires all over my floor.

I do like the who character continue thing, it almost makes me want to go back and make a brand new one and start from ME1 :p. I played a Human Supremacist Renegade, but that lead me to being super mean to Tali and Garrus, who ended up being my favourites.

I prefer marathon settings so I don't play online, buy YYYEEESSS.

16. TheKid

TheKid OFR

I think a lot of people start out super pro-human, all "REMEMBER MAI ROOTZ" but within a couple of hours realise how retarded that is and stop, which I think is more or less the point (peace and love and equality for everyone maaayyyyn). That said every time I replay the trilogy I play the exact same devilishly handsome male Paragon Soldier Shepard :lol:

Also, bought Sleeping Dogs on Monday (not old enough but didn't even get ID'd, good use of beard), holy shit this game is fun. And cool as fuck.

17. CliffBurton

CliffBurton Member

*ME1 Spoiler alert*

Since you lose one of the human team members anyway, its sort of impossible. I would have liked more options to play that way :p. It wasn't about the roots, it was more about to RP a super racists/fascist hillbilly soldier. I used to play a PnP RPG where most of Post-Apocalyptic USA was run by a fascist empire that killed all non-humans or magic users on sight :p.

Already giving up on Dark Souls, I beat the intro boss, and then there are like 4 different ways to go, and all of them are a wall of hard. So I have to figure out which way is the least hard. Getting used to the combat is one thing, but being lost in a 3D death maze is another.

18. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

Played my first match of Dota2 today. Will probably never play it again. It would have been pretty fun if it weren't for the kids whining about my every move. I made sure to let them know it was my first match too, but ffs... Are all Moba games doomed to have whiny little bitches for a community?

19. TheKid

TheKid OFR

Yeah I suppose so, you CAN do it but I guess there's a bunch of implied unseen racism that you just have to RP yourself :lol:
    *sp0ilerz alert!* (and kill Wrex of course)

Don't go into the graveyard with the self-rez'ing skeletons. My friend spent like 3 hours dying trying to make them fall off the cliffs only for us to realise we had to go the other way :lol:

Also seriously, riding a motorcycle in Sleeping Dogs is one of the most simple but enjoyable things I've done in a videogame since God knows when. sogood.gif

20. Ensi

Yes.

I have no experience with the Dota2 community but I do with the League Of Legends community. Full of whiny kids etc. If someone fucks up it's all your fault and if you fuck up it's you and your mothers fault.

I heard a saying once, pick your poison: Elitist idiots (Dota2) or whiny shitkids (LoL).

League is way more forgiving, and easier to learn. So I suggest you give that a try if you find Dota2 a bit intense. I tried it a bit but gave up lol.