This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The games/gaming discusion thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Shadow298, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Haha master tactician! Do JB take any games for their trades, or do they assess their value individually?

2. cowboy

cowboy Member

They have an "exclusion list" which is updated every few weeks:

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/excluded-games.pdf

So, I called my brother on the mobile and said "hey you near a pc? can you check the exclusion list for me?" to make sure I was safe :)

3. black_tooth_grin

black_tooth_grin www.anwarrizk.com

I picked up Condemned 2 and Mirrors Edge on Xbox360 last week. Only $19 each brand new.

Rick, you were right. Condemned 2 is amazing. I was a little hesitant to buy it because I have the first one and it just seems so god damn slow to me. Even moving can be a chore sometimes, but the second installment is just a major improvement all round.

Mirrors Edge is also fantastic. The graphics are amazing and the music suites the game perfectly.

4. Rick

Rick Senior User

I'm still waiting for EB to greenlight BFBC2. I want my game damnit lol.

5. black_tooth_grin

I got a call to pick my copy up tomorrow from GAME. Thankfully it's only costing me $10 to get the limited edition. :p

I think a LORD forumers BFBC2 game is in order. :)

6. cowboy

cowboy Member

Grrr. First time ever that CDWOW have stuffed up an order of mine - I ordered the 360 version of Mass Effect 2 and they sent me the PC one!!

Growl.

Thankfully I've got heaps of other games to keep me occupied until I return this and they give me the right thing :)

7. Rick

Rick Senior User

Yeah definately. I'll be picking mine up also. Probably hit the SP for a while then hammer down the MP of the evening. I forgot to add a lot of gamer tags lastime, so heres mine

"DestroyedAus"

8. Winmar

Are there Faith No More or Alice in Chains packs for Rock Band on the PS3?

9. Zen

Zen Vows In Ashes...

Epic comes with RB1 and you can download We Care Alot as a single, but no packs. AIC have 2 5-packs though, containing Roosted, Would?, No Excuses, Grind, Heaven Beside You and a bunch of others plus some new songs.

10. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Happy Little Boozer

got The Saboteur the yesterday, it's finally on sale at JB for a bargain $49. AWESOME game. Great artistic style (the areas are in black and white until you fire the resistance up enough to fight the Nazi's out of the area, and then the colour and life returns to the area). Cool story line, despite not being overly creative, and it's pretty cool playing an Irishman, not something you get in many games. It's pretty much a mixture of Assassins Creed, GTA and The Godfather. Oh, and you can strap dynamite to cows, which is quite humorous. I definitely recommend everyone has a look at it.

Also got Bioshock 2. Haven't played it yet, but kudos to them for having a great instruction booklet, something many games are lacking recently.

11. Rick

Rick Senior User

I played and finished Bioshock 2 the other week. I was a bit bored to start because of the similarities to 1, but after a bit I got into it. It's a fucking awesome game. Both 1 and 2 tell their story better than any other game.

12. Pethical

Pethical Tom

playing this atm. my friend's brother was one of the level designers at pandemic before they shut up shop. an enjoyable and overall decent game, but feels like it needed more time in the oven, I guess that's EA for you

13. cowboy

cowboy Member

Yeah Rick I finished Bioshock 2 on the weekend. I was same as you - wasn't as thrilled with the story, and felt that it got a little bit too easy toward the end. Will definitely be giving it another playthrough on the hardest difficulty :)

14. Rick

Rick Senior User

Yeah I had that same issue with Bioshock 1. With both games, on hardest, it's fucking insane. You die after a couple of bullets or swings, plasmids are rare and virtually useless to begin with etc, Big Daddys are virtually impossible. Fast forward to 3/4 through the game and you can casually stroll around a room of attacking enemies and kill them at your own pace, and even elite Big Daddys are a minor speed hump at worst.

I'm disappointed with the lack of you guys on the BFBC2 servers!

15. Zen

Zen Vows In Ashes...

I'm thinking about grabbing it for PC sometime soon, MW2 isn't holding my attention anymore. Who has the best price? Game.com.au?

16. cowboy

cowboy Member

17. Winmar

Anyone got Hard Rain yet?

18. black_tooth_grin

All the BFBC2 servers are being updated at the moment. I find it a lot easier to find a game now then when I first purchased the game. Theses dedicated servers are a life saver...no more low ping bullshit like on MW2. :)

I probably wont buy another shooter for quite sometime. BFBC2 will surely keep me occupied for sometime.

19. Rick

Rick Senior User

Yeah I just went on and logged in, and it had my profile as a blank slate (I'm lvl 13)... Was just like... uhh hope thats not permanent.

20. cowboy

cowboy Member

Got it. Haven't started playing it yet but the wife has.

Absolutely superb looking game - looking forward to getting stuck into it, once I finish Bayonetta!