This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Horror Movie thread

Discussion in 'Bloodbath' started by Krow, Jun 1, 2009.

1. nizzon

nizzon f.k.a Qth

2. David Hesser

Pinhead is a great character if you look at him you think he can be real, he's an avatar of the disgusting side of humanity fed on pain and suffering. Other horror characters are usually lame or funny especially in slasher movies but these stories don't need serious characters so don't compare Jason and Pinhead.

Nowaday zombie movies are overrated? No, people just don't fucking know anything about zombie movies. This subgenre has so much culture but these new movies are fucking it up without knowing anything about it.

3. PhlegethonVeins

PhlegethonVeins Autopsy Obsessed

Honestly, I couldn't give you a viable answer to that. The answer will be different for every person. What "oozes dread" is completely subjective from person to person, even within the hardcore horror fans mindset. Pinhead in his original form was cool, but honestly never stuck with me strongly. This could be due to many different factors, but in general I would think THE horror icon would have to transcend more barriers than Pinhead.

4. DustyP

DustyP Member

^

5. nizzon

nizzon f.k.a Qth

I just watched Hellraiser 4.
    Pretty bad acting overall, but MAN is that "princess" Angelique one hot milf! :dopey:

6. BastardSonOfGod

Hellraiser 4 was baaaaad... after the second movie everything went to hell with the saga, literally :lol: Hellraiser - Deader was decent but in all and all, all those movies don't live up to the hype Hellraiser I and II created.

7. DustyP

DustyP Member

Other than the space moments, I have grown to like it over time. It's definitely best of everything after part 2 (but still quite pale in comparison). Cool cenobites and the backstory on the box is a worthy attempt. Also, it's got some of Pinhead's best quotes, for sure.

I understand why people don't like it...there are parts that are hard to ignore...but overall it's still a far cry above the other later movies. Fucking Hellseeeker. What a turd that one was. They even tried to reel that back into the main story, which failed miserably.

8. nizzon

nizzon f.k.a Qth

I did like parts of it. But like you said some parts were really bad, bad acting and random scenes. And that "dog" with the flapping jaws made me laugh so hard. :lol:
    I had totally forgotten about the awesome and gory kills Hellraiser has. I have to watch a few more, I guess Deader will be next.

9. DustyP

DustyP Member

Just remember what I said about Deader. It wasn't meant to be a Hellraiser movie. So the story is sort of weird and the directing is basically that of another style of movie entirely. But there are actually some really creepy parts (chick on the toilet, you'll know what I mean). But you can't hardly ever drop the feeling of "This doesn't feel like a Hellraiser movie...at all".

10. nizzon

nizzon f.k.a Qth

After reading about the rest of the movies im not sure which one to choose. They all seem pretty bad from the descriptions.

11. BastardSonOfGod

I felt that with Hellworld (what dusty said)... for me, nothing can beat the crapfest Hellworld was... it combines the worst elements of all of the other Hellraiser movies into one single film, the acting was insanely bad and annoying, the script was just ridiculous, even I can come up with a better idea for a hellraiser movie, pinhead lacks of feeling and his quotes are predictable and completely cliche, the twist was plain boring, at the end of the movie you wonder why the hell they decided to use the cenobites for the movie... Revelations, the next hellraiser movie, already looks like it's going to be yet another bad film ¬¬

12. (The bass player)

(The bass player) Total Satan

Hellraiser 1,2 and 4 are worth watching the rest of the movies suck big time!

13. nizzon

nizzon f.k.a Qth

14. isolation_years

awwwwww man, santa hats back!

15. PhlegethonVeins

PhlegethonVeins Autopsy Obsessed

Santa! Thats it! The true horror icon.

16. nizzon

nizzon f.k.a Qth

Watched Hellraiser V: Inferno yesterday.
    Really good acting in this one, and the first 30mins was really good, too bad it got stuck in the "criminal detective thriller mode" all the way through 'cause the acceleration to hell one expected never really came. And the dismemberments were all off screen, only sound, lame.

And what the hell is up with that random cowboy-bar scene that ends up with two cowboys throwing roundhouse kicks?!!! :lol:

This could have been a really good movie.

#536 nizzon, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  17. vikk

vikk Member

yeah i watched till the 5, and is the one with less gore, and less Pinhead

18. isolation_years

at war with santa :kickass:

unquestionable presents

there.......those are my two christmas album puns

19. DustyP

DustyP Member

I just watched it the other night as well, because I always thought it was "okay", but figured I'd get a refresher to see how it compares with the other turds of the series. I pretty much agree with you. I think a lot of people hated the fact that it's very very light on the Pinhead action. But that never really bothered me. I saw it as more of a "Tales of Hellraiser" kind of thing. Almost like something that a graphic novel would be made about or something.

But yeah...shit like the roundhousing cowboys and the over-use of cop drama stuff made it pretty boring at times. Still, the twin cenobite chicks were cool and Craig Sheffer (from Nightbreed) is a worthy enough actor to make it watchable.

20. nizzon

nizzon f.k.a Qth

Yeah the twin cenobites that molested him, that scene was awesome.