This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Live Albums Thread

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by CiG, Jan 18, 2021.

1. CiG

CiG What Makes a Man Start Fires?

Ah fair enough. Luckily I feel like noticeable crowds are pretty rare on live albums unless the band itself isn't too heavy. Usually it's just between songs you hear them, especially metal when you always get some drunk dude going "AARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!" between songs lmfao. There's a Norwegian grind band called Tottal Tømming and at times it sounds like the room is full of tards on their live album.

Personally what I really like is when you get the crowd engaging in singalongs and chants or hand-clapping at the command of the singer, but that's pretty rare.

2. Podgie

Podgie Young Man, Old Soul

This reminds me of Live Undead, and although it's kind of a negative comment - I think Live Undead is kind of awesome. Mainly 'cause it's like, maybe, a hoax live album. Plenty of stupid drunk dudes audible, regardless.

Speaking of Slayer, Decade of Aggression deserves a mention in this thread. Much better than Live Undead, and released before they had a single (even questionably) band album. I know it's in chunks of different dates but great sound throughout and a great set of songs! Kind of like their live greatest hits I guess!!

#42 Podgie, Apr 12, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  3. CiG

Fucking sweet having Bongzilla back with a new album out this month.

4. CiG

a2986853813_10.jpg

Recently started jamming to Ahab's new alive album. It's devastatingly heavy and perfect for the miserable dogshit weather over here right now. I am definitely not built for cold weather lmfao.

Had the tape blasting on and off in my (recently repaired) deck most of the day while I was faffing around the house. Definitely not a live album to pass up if you like that whole funeral/deathdoom/sludge/drone thing. Must be amazing to see in person.

Here's a track with an official video:

Podgie and zerostatic like this.