This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The new word/world

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by Darth Jester, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Darth Jester

Darth Jester Member

Why is it that in so many places track 11 from Colony is said to be 'The New WORLD' when the back cover clearly says 'The New WORD'?

2. Midas

Midas Offended? Nobody cares.

Cause humanity is fucked up.

3. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

I think it's something to do with the butterfly effect, or dark matter.

4. CyberInflames

5. Jester313

Jester313 Clad in shadows

In all seriousness, I think it depends on which version you have. I think the title is World but during the chorus he says Word.

6. only4theweak187

I think they made it in tribute to Christian Bale's finest film^

#6 only4theweak187, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  7. krofius

krofius Active Member

As far as I know it's never been sorted out which is correct, but I think it's pretty safe to say it's ''The New Word'' if you read the lyrics.

8. Jester313

Jester313 Clad in shadows

Can someone ask this question along with all Colony related lyric typos at the next meet and greet?

9. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

After so long Anders may not even remember. They have very rarely played it live after all.

10. TheAbstracted

TheAbstracted ...What am I looking at?

Really a shame too, it's my absolute favorite off of Colony.

11. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

It's a really good song. But why play something like that when you can fill 8 minutes of the set up with The Chosen Pessimist? People have to have an 8 minute break nowadays, apparently...

12. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

Ask jester slave now that he is friends with Anders. In my cd booklet the word world is only on the lyrics title. I have to listen to know what he really says, though I think Anders doesn't care.

13. only4theweak187

Hahahahahahahahah :loco:

14. Jabi

Jabi Member

From this perspective it looks kind of silly
    Some Turkish dudes from the long gone In Flames board "Everdying" did an interview with the band in, I believe, 2005. They asked about the correct song title and the answer was it's supposed to be "the new WORD."

I've forgotten much of the interview, but just for fun, here's some tidbits:

The interviewers also asked what was the original line in Episode 666 instead of "destination chaos". Anders didn't remember anymore.

Then Jesper asked them whether they had any song requests, and they requested Jotun, Pallas Anders Visa and Stand Ablaze. The first two were played at the following Istanbul gig, but Stand Ablaze wasn't because the band would've had to rehearse it first. However, Jesper promised they'd play it the next time in Istanbul - which probably didn't happen, but wasn't Jesper already gone by then?

One question was "what song would you like to cover for a future album?" The band answered they aren't that big on covers anymore and they'd rather just record their own songs.

15. burank666

burank666 New Metal Member

Hey Jabi, I still have the everdying interview if anyone is interested. It is the new word, but they haven't confirmed it. The everdying guys requested from Stand Ablaze, which the band didn't play that day.

I have met them at the airport and asked them if they would play pallar anders visa, they made fun of me but they did :). Also 2005 Istanbul concert was the one of the best gigs ever that i've been to.

Also i have the full show but it skips a lot. If anyone wants that i can upload it too.

By the way do any of you guys now the jordanese guy who had like 100+ in flames video bootlegs?

16. Jabi

Jabi Member

Ok, I remember it wrong then, it wasn't in the Everdying interview. But I'm pretty sure it was confirmed it some other interview.

17. burank666

burank666 New Metal Member

I will upload the everdying interview this week.

18. krofius

krofius Active Member

I don't ''know'' him but I did get my 2004 Trädgårn bootleg from him. I don't recall his name, Omar or something similar starting with O. Think I got some old mails 5 years or something back with him, why you asking?

19. Jabi

Jabi Member

I don't "know" him either but I used to talk to him on MSN many years ago. However, I haven't used MSN for ages and I don't even remember my username/password combo anymore. Anyway, I just checked and his site is still online. You can find his contact info at http://www.livesvartan.tk/