This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Just a heads up... In the next week or two we will be making some major upgrades to the site to bring the software and server fully up to date. While the upgrade happens the site will be offline for the day. There will be some quirkiness after the upgrade, but we'll get it all sorted out.
    Dismiss Notice

The News Thread

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by Jimmy... Dead., Jun 19, 2014.

1. Satanstoenail

Satanstoenail My Larpstyle determines my Derpstyle

The backpack bomber in Manchester was born in England to Libyan refugee parents that arrived 20+ years ago. The plain fact of the matter is that limiting immigration will achieve nothing at this point except more resentment and radicalisation of the existing Muslim populace.

Einherjar86 likes this.
  2. Einherjar86

Einherjar86 Active Member

But of course, limiting immigration isn't actually intended to counteract terrorism.

3. CiG

CiG "God is a Lawnmower"

That's not a rebuttal to proposed immigration restrictions, unless you believe that immigration restrictions are the only element of a plan to deal with this issue?

You do that, as well as many other things. For example, stop allowing the most radical versions of the Quran to be handed out in prisons by clerics, funded by tax dollars.

4. CiG

CiG "God is a Lawnmower"

5. Einherjar86

6. rms

rms Active Member

EINNNNNNNNN

:lol:

7. CiG

CiG "God is a Lawnmower"

In fact, what @Satanstoenail's comment boils down to is this, in my opinion.

There are immigrants entering our countries right now with young kids who will grow up and become radicals and kill people and we'll be saying the same old "well the parents came 20 years ago so tightening immigration tomorrow wouldn't have even done anything" tripe.

#3927 CiG, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
    Dak likes this.
  8. Dak

Dak mentat

It will limit more bomber kids of refugee parents in the future. If defensive measures spark more resentment or radicalization than are already present then this is a justification for a harsher response, not a laxer one. A negative response to protective measures shows latent malevolence or ignorance. Neither are welcome.

9. Satanstoenail

Satanstoenail My Larpstyle determines my Derpstyle

I was under the impression the conversation was about ways to address the things that are happening now, not in 20+ years. If we're talking about long-term solutions, maybe limiting our involvement in other countries affairs would be a better place to start? Perhaps then the immigrants/refugees who are in our countries would have less reason to want to kill us. I think it's probably not going to matter whether it's first, second or third generations of immigrants/refugees that are here as long as we keep blowing up their homelands.

10. arg

arg Active Member

We must never do or not do something for fear of "angering the Muslims". That's cowardly pussy shit. Limit immigration and stop refugee intake because it will be good. If Muslims get pissed or do terrorist shit then lock up, deport or shoot them.

11. rms

rms Active Member

the only thing probably minimizes muslim violence globally is to enable a more vicious police state. can't imagine that with Iraq and Afghan minimizing and a possible Israel/Palestine deal looming that now is a more obvious of a time to be a terrorist than a decade ago.

12. CiG

CiG "God is a Lawnmower"

We are addressing what is happening now. What is happening now is people are seeking refuge or immigrating to the west and in 20 years some of their kids will grow into terrorists, attack people and if this shitty forum is still here in 20 years you'll be saying the same thing.

Why not both?

13. Einherjar86

"Sorry, we can't take you. You're fine people, but your kids are going to be major assholes."

Satanstoenail likes this.
  14. CiG

CiG "God is a Lawnmower"

Major assholes? That's a nice way to describe people who pledge loyalty to ISIS and then blow up little girls. :lol:

But no, the point is to take much less and work on countering the radicalisation that goes on among young Muslim men. I don't agree with a total immigration ban at all, but there is a vast middle ground between the kind of unchecked free flow of peoples that morons like Lily Allen want and total bans a la the alt-right.

Edit: We can't just keep taking in hundreds of thousands of Muslims anymore when current populations aren't even integrating and then 20 years down the track when the children of the immigrants murder people we brush it off by saying "well there's nothing we could have done and tightening immigration now won't change what happened" because that's bullshit.

It could change what happens 20 years from now, that's the point. You can't change the past.

15. Einherjar86

Sorry, my bad--"Your kids are going to be evil losers."

16. arg

arg Active Member

Britain and the US are both separated from the Middle East by oceans. The only way for refugees from those areas to reach us is if we actively let them in. We just need to stop government agencies and NGOs from doing that.

There is no reason to accept them even if they are not terrorists. If we keep all the refugees out, we would keep out all the terrorists that would spawn from refugees.

Then we can focus on the terrorists already here. Without adding to them.

17. rms

rms Active Member

@Einherjar86 hey you jerk read the quote and the piece that should challenge your views on evolutionary history!

18. Dak

Dak mentat

I can't wait for a Muslim to bomb an abortion clinic.

sweatingwhichbuttonmeme.jpg

19. Einherjar86

Fuck me, you're like a cockroach.

Exactly what I said in my comment above, by the way. Now, on to what seems to have attracted your attention:

...and the following:

All this means is that environmental changes allowed for the subsequent success of new genetic mutations and extinction of older genetic forms. Nowhere does it suggest that the environment infiltrates and actively alters the genetic sequence.

20. rms

rms Active Member

the dude literally argues that because they had to migrate so much further than they were used to that they developed stronger hind legs to which we would recognize in modern day humansssssssssssssssss

come on mannnnnnnnn