This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The News Thread

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by Jimmy... Dead., Jun 19, 2014.

1. CiG

CiG R.I.P. David Gulpilil

Texas AG Says Trump Would've 'Lost' State If It Hadn't Blocked Mail-in Ballots Applications Being Sent Out.
    Texas was almost blue?

zerostatic likes this.
  2. Einherjar86

Einherjar86 Active Member

I believe it. Austin, Dallas, and Houston all swing Democrat, I think. The image of Texas as a bastion of rural conservatism is more of a propaganda tool than an accurate representation.

At the risk of sounding conspiratorial, Trump should have lost the 2016 election by sheer population. Most of the country didn’t want him. His wealthy donors and the electoral college pushed him into office.

zerostatic and CiG like this.
  3. CiG

Clinton's campaign basically put him in office because she seemed to neglect places she needed in favour of places she was always going to win in. Feels like forever ago at this point but that's how I remember it going down.

zerostatic and Einherjar86 like this.
  4. Einherjar86

Yeah they fucked some shit up.

CiG likes this.
  5. zabu of nΩd

zabu of nΩd Free Insultation

Do you consider this a serious policy issue, or are you just venting about the electoral college? There's basically a 0% chance of it being changed to reflect the popular vote, since its composition is defined by the Constitution.

I voted against Trump in both elections, but personally I find all the outrage over the electoral college counterproductive at best and creepy at worst. After all the shit the Republicans pulled to try to overturn the election, seeing Democrats treat a non-starter like the electoral college as a serious issue (along with the widespread support for court packing) makes the left look eager to one-up the right in fascist stunts rather than de-escalate from 2020.

6. CiG

"Fascist stunts" is a bit strong.

7. Einherjar86

This is a good question, and honestly I didn't mean for that comment to sound like I was venting about the electoral college. The whole "risk of conspiracy" remark was intended to downplay the sense that I was suggesting Trump "stole" the election in 2016 (in the sense that his supporters say Biden "stole" the 2020 election, or that GWB may have actually unintentionally stolen the election in 2000). I don't think he stole it at all; he won according to the legal parameters laid out by the electoral system. When I said he shouldn't have won, I wasn't making an evaluative statement that he shouldn't be in office (although I do believe he shouldn't have been in office, but that's for reasons other than electoral politics); I was using some rhetorical flourish to emphasize that Trump wasn't really as popular as some of his supporters would lead us to believe, especially those who insist that he actually won the 2020 election "by a landslide." There's simply no evidence for that kind of strong popularity; in fact, the evidence is that he's far less popular, as things like the Texas revelation suggest.

zerostatic and zabu of nΩd like this.
  8. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

Blurry_Dreams and zabu of nΩd like this.
  9. Einherjar86

It's so hot the fucking roads are buckling. This would be funny if it wasn't so disturbing.

CiG likes this.
  10. Blurry_Dreams

Blurry_Dreams Active Member

11. Blurry_Dreams

12. Blurry_Dreams

this has happened in Texas

13. Blurry_Dreams

14. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

15. Blurry_Dreams

what the fucking hell??
    in USA there are lots of people who don't wanna say the word "meth"
    but nobody here has ever called it "p"
    because here refering to something as "p" would be PCP
    https://www.google.com/search?q=pcp...175i199i395.2255j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

when people (in USA) don't wanna use the word "meth" the alternate word has changed several times over time

at first people in Texas said "crystal meth" because we had this kind of meth
    then people just took off the word "meth" and called it just "crystal"
    which turned into a joke where people were saying "crystal" like it was Krystal, like saying they're "going on a date with Krystal" when they really meant, "i'm getting high on crystal meth tonight"

then we had P2P "crank" and "peanut butter dope" but none of these really had "shards"

then there was the shards of meth from Phoenix Arizona where the "crystal shards" looked like pieces of broken glass
    so you had a short time of people in Arizona New Mexico and Nevada were calling meth "glass"

but then Texas got the meth where the shards looked like chunks of frozen water, so everyone started calling meth "ice" cuz of some of the "recipes" where you got dope that looked like small pieces of frozen water

then people started saying "i like ice-cream as a way of writing "i like crystal meth" in websites like or backpage
    https://www.google.com/search?q=bac...5l3j0j0i395.6831j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

but then this got shortened to just "cream"

then came the dealers who sold the "shards" to smokers but the labs were making the dope with a whole lot lot more of "shake" (read this as "powder") where people started selling the white powder to the shooters (the powder dissolves into water quicker and easier than the shards)

but now you got dumb-ass people running labs where you actually have most of the dope coming out as powder instead of shards, and so now you got these dumb-ass dope-smokers buying the powder to smoke (instead of insisting on smoking shards) where you now have dumb-ass kids calling crystal meth "cream" because they are buying powdered meth that now actually kinda looks like powdered coffee creamer

#13455 Blurry_Dreams, Jul 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    Bloopy likes this.
  16. mutantllama

mutantllama Awesome custom title

do you jack off a lot on meth?

17. Blurry_Dreams

not really more so than how much i jack off sober

18. Blurry_Dreams