This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The Next Chapter: Bodom After Midnight

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by tragician, Mar 15, 2020.

1. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

I'm pretty sure Dead Man's Hand on You and All for Nothing have a fair bit of cleans in them ;) :D

COB-666 likes this.
  2. Ragehead

Ragehead Member

That artwork really has a lot of symbolism one can think of. I think we might get an answer to if it was changed after his death, or was like that even before already. There will be some interviews for sure when the EP is released and somebody will most likely ask about that.

No matter how, it just fits the situation. It's both a typical Bodom cover and with the reaper missing it's symbolic for both it not being COB anymore and Alexi being gone...if one wants to see it that way. It has big scratches and looks broken...a fitting last Bodom cover.

The one thing that I'm surprised though is that they really actually kept that logo...I wasn't a big fan of it from the beginning, looks just pretty cheap. Not that it's important (especially now), but I just thought they would change it later for a first release.

COB-666 likes this.
  3. _FollowTheReaper_

_FollowTheReaper_ Alt Lys Er Svunnet Hen

Great artwork! I just can't get used to the band logo though, still looks shitty to me.
    Eager to hear the songs.

COB-666 likes this.
  4. Aries Poison Girl

Dude don't say that, it sound too cold. Reaper didn't take Alexi, there's no fucking Reaper.

For me this cover is more like... "Fuck that shit, I'm out." Nothing more could be said, so Reaper left.

5. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

The logo is still shit, but with this artwork not too bad I think.

6. mutran

mutran Mutran

Oh, didnt mean to sound cold hearted. But, in a "poetic" way, the Reaper is no longer on screen cause he "succeed" in his search for Alexi's soul.

Alexi wrote about death and problems for two decades, now he is finally resting, look at it that way :(

7. Aries Poison Girl

Alexi was one step before Reaper all the time, and at his side, and behind. Reaper is a symbol of death coming for you, or someone else. Some believe every person has his own Reaper. Not the Horseman Death, who orders who to be taken, but the ghost who comes to take you. Or Charon, or Shinigami. There are many theories.

I actually could imagine Alexi and the Hooded sitting somewhere together right now, playing cards (from Reaper always wins compilation album) and drinking White russian.

8. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

Here is the bigger artwork.

[​IMG]

Juggler likes this.
  9. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

Ohh, bugger! :rofl:

10. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

Ok, the artwork was made before Alexi's death.

" Art Direction: Väyrynen/Laiho "

[​IMG]

NewHewkas likes this.
  11. MattK

MattK Member

Cant wait to hear it.

COB-666 likes this.
  12. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

Logo is awful. Love the font used for the EP title though. Cover is ok, but the broken glass/mirror thing doesn't work for me.

Shocked and thrilled to see the Dissection cover. One of my favorite songs. So glad they didn't do one of the usual silly/goofy ones. That said, good original songs rarely got a good treatment by COB/Sinergy. Hopefully this time around will be better.

13. razor001666

razor001666 been where, done what?

COB-666 likes this.
  14. Sinthoras_96

Sinthoras_96 Member

That's why I would have preferred a "silly" pop song cover. They usually made them sound badass.
    More serious covers I didn't enjoy that much, with a few exceptions like Rebell Yell or Hell is for Children.

But Blackwinterday for example.... I never listen to it. Not my cup of tea

15. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

I like the Black Winter Day, No Commands, Aces High and Silent Scream covers just as much or even more than the originals. Rest of them - I probably would too if I knew the originals at all :D

16. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

I like " "silly" pop song " and serious covers too. But yeah, covers of IWC not too good - except Cruel Summer (for me), but they recorded this song around 2013. ( It’s like I’ve seen a video in the past where it sounded in the background. )

17. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

18. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

It just had to be mentioned.... :)

[​IMG]

19. Sinthoras_96

Sinthoras_96 Member

Yeah Cruel summer is great but it's from the Halo of Blood sessions together with sleeping in my car and crazy nights. All 3 are very very good. Halo of Blood is the album for me where I like the covers more than the original songs :D
    The reason is probably Alexis vocals. On that album they sound kind of "try-harding" and forced to keep in line with the melody of the music all the time and somehow also a little computer edited to me. But on the covers it sounds like he simply unleashed his angry screams without thinking too much about it and that's how it used to be on earlier albums. I prefer that rawness in the vocals.
    On IWC I have the same problem but it's not as bad on the original songs but therefore on the covers this time. I really only like Misstress of Taboo. Danger Zone and Blackwinterday I pretty much never listen to.

COB-666 likes this.
  20. garlicbread11

garlicbread11 Member

Is there a full list of the COB cover songs anywhere? I didn't know about Crazy Nights or Cruel Summer until this thread, and I'm wondering if there are anymore I'm missing