This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The Next Chapter: Bodom After Midnight

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by tragician, Mar 15, 2020.

1. turbofacu

turbofacu New Metal Member

I really dig the three verses of the song having different arrangement.
    Second verse has a background keyboard riff that I'm having trouble to understand what it is playing but sounds cool.
    Third verse has no keyboard riff but drums are on a skank beat and guitars are harmonized.

This approach makes verses feel fresh, I like that.

COB-666 likes this.
  2. drawnacrol

drawnacrol 7Slinger

That was tough to watch. I couldn't even finish watching the video the first time I tried. Alexi looks so ill and unkept. It's the same look when someone is really sick in hospital. This was 2 weeks before he passed away. As much as people were saying Alexi was fine and it was a surprise you can clearly see he was not well :(

He's playing the wrong notes in a bunch of parts and the vocals are often some parts edited together. It looks like they didn't have enough takes to work with and tried their best not to focus too much on him.

This mix sounds muddy on my phone, TV and computer speakers but it sounds MUCH better though my studio monitors. There is a lot of panning and stereo widening which results in a muddy sound on everyday speakers. I wouldn't agree with mixing for monitors when the majority of people are using phones nowadays.

3. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

... and much better with headset. I agree, with speakers is "worse".

4. MattK

MattK Member

Love the 80s lick right before the final chorus you can hear. Lot of cool details

turbofacu likes this.
  5. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

People reading a lot into this lol
    A decent song, could be better if it relied less on rehashed ideas from other songs. Both solos are nice, I like the keyboard, the drumming is top-class :kickass:

6. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

Yeah, given Alexi condition, the director shouldn't have filmed this strictly from upfront with all those closeups. Some angles shots would have been better. And if Alexi was drunk or whatever, he could have focused more on the rest of the band.

The beginning of the Daniel's solo doesn't look like it matches what he supposed to be playing as far as I can tell. His lick after the solo is great though.

7. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

I share it here too.
    Interview with Daniel about Alexi and the EP.

8. Supra

Supra Member

dosent sound like Alexi was drunk in The music video or after The music video acording to Daniel.

9. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

If it was, I’m not even sure he would have said it.

Faffy and Works0fheart like this.
  10. Supra

Supra Member

Best thing is not to speculate and create rumors, without facts and proof.

Inceptionist likes this.
  11. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

It's not speculation. :) Alix has been on the forum for a long time (just like you), he is in contact with Henkka (cobhc shared Alix's photos, Henkka follows him on Instagram and they friend on FB etc.). I think he is trustworthy, because he has some trustworthy sources.
    You don't trust him, I understand, but I'm yes.

12. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

Anyway, it's a review about Paint the Skye with Blood song and EP.

" (...) the second song on the album has that a trademark style... guitar solo - keyboard solo - guitar solo; and then the last song on the EP is a Dissection cover and what a cover it is... it has incredible keyboards incredible orchestration, making it almost like a symphonic death metal song (...) "

I'm excited for "Payback's A Bitch". Double guitar solo with a keyboard solo... (like Roadkill Morning). That sounds interesting.

#612 COB-666, Apr 2, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  13. Supra

Supra Member

well, that is still no evidence or proof, so yes its speculation. But you can belive what you want. :)

14. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

Could share some private messages or something, but... I don't know it would be a good idea.
    Nevermind. We don't know to persuade each other, so... let go of the "topic". ( :

15. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

Idk if you're in denial or just have never seen an alcoholic in your life. I've unfortunately had the displeasure of knowing plenty of them and has mannerisms and look in general is that of someone milking a hangover with more alcohol. And yes, I'm about 99% positive that Daniel wouldn't be like "Oh yeah, he was drunk as shit and looked like the crypt keeper"

Faffy likes this.
  16. KISSINGTHESHADOW

KISSINGTHESHADOW KISSINGTHESHADOW

Do we really need to continue to speculate/talk about if alexi was drunk during the music video? What does it matter now? It’s not going to change anything. He is gone. Share some positive memories or stories of children of bodom/alexi instead of worrying about if he was trashed during the music video. “End of fucking story.”

17. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

Glad one of your 37 posts in the span of 17 years was to white knight.

You're right though, it isn't going to change anything, but people need to stop being naive. Dude died from alcohol related illness and multiple people cite him drinking until his last days.

Seems silly to just be like "Welp, we don't know for sure since we haven't seen it ourselves".

Faffy likes this.
  18. KISSINGTHESHADOW

KISSINGTHESHADOW KISSINGTHESHADOW

You are right, I rarely do post here in the 17 years I’ve usually just sit back and see what others say/post. I didn’t mean what I said to be negative. I just don’t get what’s the end result of discussing if he was drunk. We all knew he had a serious issue. It’s a bummer he was not able to kick the drinking. I’m glad we got a few new songs before he left this world.

Works0fheart likes this.
  19. Supra

Supra Member

This has nothing to do with denial. Im not saying he was or wasnt. He had drinking problems for years. It dident start now. He died because of liver damage from many years drinking. But if you look at history, he was wery serious about recordings, work ethic and being a perfectionist. So it sems wierd that he suddenly was drunk in his first music video after 25+ years. But belive what you want. Maybe he was or maybe he wasnt. When your liver is fucked up, it will cause you to have pain and i guess make you not look so good.

20. Supra

Supra Member

sems a bit silly to be like "wiep, a guy/girl told me on a forum that he was drunk, then it have to be true"