This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Official Good Television Thread

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by Satanstoenail, May 10, 2008.

1. Einherjar86

Einherjar86 Active Member

Jonas is both alive and dead.

Here: https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/dark-season-3-theory-finale-schrodingers-cat

This is the best explanation I've seen. It's also why the show goes through such trouble to inform its audience on Schrödinger's cat. In quantum physics, subatomic particles exist in completely different states at the same time.

That's what I was remembering. But oh well, I only watched the season once, and you admitted how many details you forgot. :rolleyes:

It doesn't change what I'm saying though. The relationship between the separate worlds isn't temporal. You're complaining that the show violated its own rules by the end when what it did introduce entirely new rules. Similarly, quantum physics doesn't obviate general relativity; it just introduces new rules.

No need for spoilers here.

It's like you want a logical, linear explanation for a show whose entire foundation is a fucking paradox. I don't know what to tell you, bub.

2. rms

rms Active Member

Well, subatomic particles can exist in directly conflicting states and when measured, change, but that feels a little different here.

I think the question is not can this one exist and this one can't, rather how can older version exist without the younger? The grandfather paradox is the opposite of what happens in the show, to my eyes. The young dies and the older versions live.

Starting to think that the suggestion is that Jonas died due to this being the last iteration , but I think that has holes as well.

There being four Martha's(shortly) is also bugging me more. Little questioning there on how that happened.

I guess my own thoughts was the world where the crash doesn't happen is the first world, and an instance where the crash happens then creates the other two(Martha's cannot exist without Jonas' world, right?) And that is how the show plays out, that we witness Jonas journey of this off shoot probability.

Would have to read more on this theory, all these shallow pieces :lol:

3. Einherjar86

Einherjar86 Active Member

The older versions of Jonas live? Not after Martha and Jonas end the worlds, though. I thought all their iterations vanish with them.

I don't know man, but the reality we live in has holes--big black ones. Dark is a show in which cosmological and quantum phenomena are basically scaled to a human narrative. Paradoxes exist in reality and can't be explained away. If a story takes paradoxes as crucial to its narrative, then there are going to be contradictions/anomalies/plot holes. I'd actually be more annoyed if they tried to explain everything.

4. rms

rms Active Member

Guess I struggle with why you liked season 1 and 2 then :loco:

5. CiG

CiG The Grand Calculation

This will probably suck, but it looks pretty thought-provoking going by the trailer.

6. CiG

7. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

As much as I hope a new Dexter is going to be worth watching I really wonder where they are going to take it. They lost the plot well before the end of the last series and after this length of time the logical path would seem to be that one of the kids has taken over the family business. But I hope that's not all there is to the new series.

TechnicalBarbarity and CiG like this.
  8. CiG

RIP to my hero.

Slammed likes this.
  9. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

Her comments were definitely a highlight of that show.

CiG likes this.
  10. Vegard Pompey

Vegard Pompey ALLY TO GOOD, NIGHTMARE TO YOU

New Dexter? Sure. No idea where they're gonna go with it but it can't be worse than s08.

EDIT: The showrunner is Clyde Philips, who helmed the actually-good first four seasons. Promising.

CiG likes this.
  11. CiG

Started watching Mr. Robot today, on the second episode and enjoying it thus far.

12. TechnicalBarbarity

TechnicalBarbarity -TheNightsBane-

been binging Trailer Park Boys again. One of the greatest shows of all time imo. Love it.

CiG likes this.