This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Official Movie Thread

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by Manic Ferocity, May 4, 2007.

1. Vegard Pompey

Vegard Pompey ALLY TO GOOD, NIGHTMARE TO YOU

The Bond franchise is so stale at this point, I don't mind if they radically reimagine the character with Craig's successor. As long as it's an inspired take on the character that has more going for it than just minority representation.

CiG likes this.
  2. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

Heh, comedian Libbie Higgins stars in a new Demonic Toys sequel:

CiG likes this.
  3. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

E13eKQeVIAMHiCW.jpg

Finally saw this and liked it a lot. After Rebecca it's good to see Wheatley going in a better direction, even if I agree with Ein that it was a bit choppy. Reece Shearsmith fucking rules and man they really put Joel Fry's character through a gauntlet. All in all a solid tripped out violent folk horror that gives me hope for Wheatley again.

I loved the idea of the forest creating a hallucinogenic mushroom spore fog around the camp so nobody could leave. This is the kind of Wheatley madness I'm into, tapping into A Field in England's craziness a bit here. The whole thing almost felt like a COVID-era reimagining of Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Einherjar86 likes this.
  4. Einherjar86

Einherjar86 Active Member

holy shit A24's new trailer for Lamb is... just wow, lmao.

CiG likes this.
  5. no country for old wainds

i’m salivating just thinking about pig and lamb

CiG likes this.
  6. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

Don't forget Cow. ;)

7. no country for old wainds

jesus what an awful year for vegetarian moviegoers

8. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

I have a feeling they'll appreciate Cow.

Anyways some things I watched for the first time recently:

fghjkl.jpg

Chained for Life (2019) Filmed simplistically with a very "vintage" tone, it's easy to miss a lot of the subtext if you shut down and just get lost in the beautiful shots and bizarre imagery. I caught myself doing this a few times. The messaging is very transgressive but I thought it was also very delicate in its various balancing acts, touching on themes of identity, representation, ableism, artistic exploitation etc. Considering the film is populated with "circus freaks" it's actually very emotionally subtle without being too forgiving on able-bodied audiences. Also Jess Weixler has come a long way since Teeth lol.

gsdgdg.jpg

Following (1998) Nolan's directorial debut and a very humble one at that. Somewhat exhausting narrative structure but for the most part I was impressed. I'm a sucker for black and white cinema and 16mm is even better. I won't say much about the plot because this is one to truly be experienced going in blind, but Alex Haw who plays the main character's cat burglar mentor has amazing screen presence, pretty shocking to learn this was the only thing he ever did (as far as I can see) and he's actually an architect IRL. Bizarre!

dfgdsfh.jpg

Ape (2013) Hard to ignore the parallels between Ape and Scorsese's The King of Comedy. Rupert Pupkin is much more delusional whereas Trevor Newandyke is failing at comedy because he's suppressing his energy onstage. This is essentially a rage fantasy and much like The King of Comedy, when he finally drops all pretences and reveals his true self to the audience, his authenticity attracts praise. However unlike Rupert Pupkin's final act, Trevor Newandyke's ending is much more humble but also more personally satisfying.

Apple eating scene is just...:thumbsup:

9. no country for old wainds

nice, haven’t seen ape yet but now i want to even more! chained for life was good stuff.

CiG likes this.
  10. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

who.jpg

Watched this and loved it. A feature-length follow up to the short film Music for One Apartment and Six Drummers, adding a proper story to their shenanigans. Right up my alley musically of course. I recommend not watching the trailer as it gives away too much I think.

11. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

Some film news:

Trailer for the new Neill Blomkamp movie.

Even by hollywood standards, 'they are us’ is a hard sell.

IN BRUGES Director Martin McDonagh Reteams with Colin Farrell and Brendon Gleeson For THE BANSHEES OF INISHERIN.

Andrew Dominik’s Ana de Armas-Starring Marilyn Monroe Biopic ‘Blonde’ Moved to 2022.

David Cronenberg Returns: Sci-Fi Movie ‘Crimes of the Future’ Sets 30-Day Shoot in Greece.

‘Dead For A Dollar’: Willem Dafoe & Christoph Waltz To Star In Walter Hill’s New Western.

Joaquin Phoenix on the set of Disappointment Blvd. in Montreal.

Sam Mendes Sets ‘Small Axe: Lovers Rock’s Micheal Ward To Star Opposite Olivia Colman in Searchlight’s ‘Empire Of Light’.

SCORSESE: New Killers of the Flower Moon set photos show Leonardo DiCaprio in costume.

Steven Soderbergh Says ‘Kimi’ Is A Cross Between ‘The Conversation,’ ‘Rear Window’ & ‘Panic Room’.

Neil Marshall’s “The Lair” Begins Filming.

Go Behind the Scenes of Alex Garland’s Men as Filming Wraps.

Willem Dafoe Teases ‘Nefarious’ Role in Robert Eggers’ ‘Northman’: ‘A Huge, Muscular Movie’.

Yorgos Lanthimos assembles epic cast for new film ‘Poor Things’.

Jeremy Saulnier's Netflix Movie ‘Rebel Ridge’: John Boyega Drops Out & What We Know So Far.

The Toxic Avenger remake casts Kevin Bacon as the villain.

Don Cheadle and Jodie Turner-Smith join the cast of White Noise; directed by Noah Baumbach.

Enys Men: Bait Director Mark Jenkin Returns With A Cornish Horror – Exclusive Images.

Grantham Coleman Joins Cast Of Alejandro Gonzalez Iñárritu’s Next Movie.

Clint Eastwood’s ‘Cry Macho’ Sets October Release.

Joel Coen’s ‘Tragedy of Macbeth’ With Frances McDormand, Denzel Washington Will Open New York Film Festival.

12. Blurry_Dreams

Blurry_Dreams Active Member

13. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

Thanks for spamming multiple trailers of the same movies along with fake "concept" trailers you fucking retarded faggot.

Einherjar86 likes this.
  14. Blurry_Dreams

didn't actually mean to do either of those things
    i just had a billion tabs opened up and i wasn't really paying attention to what i was doing
    i was just trying to show trailers for the movies that i myself am actually interested in seeing as my response to everyone else talking about movies that i'm never gonna watch

15. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

Trailer for Schrader's new movie.

16. no country for old wainds

17. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

18. Einherjar86

Einherjar86 Active Member

Then pay attention dipshit. I mean jfc, at least proofread your goddamn posts.

Blurry_Dreams and CiG like this.
  19. Blurry_Dreams

what happened was
    i had each video opened in a different tab
    so i ended up posting all the videos into the post without actually watching any of them
    so yeah, this was me fucking up, but just somehow wanted to explain exactly how i fucked up
    also
    i was really just trying to post trailers for the types of movies that i actually want to watch as directly opposed to everyone else talking about movies that i'm not going to watch