This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The pics thread

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by Ender Rises, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Tyrants and Slaves

Nope, that's Megan, who was actually my FIRST girlfriend back in '08. We only dated a month and now we're best friends. I got her to join the juggling club shortly thereafter and there she met Adam (the other dude in the photos) and they are virtually engaged now.

Psychobitch was in Saratoga for the weekend.

2. arg

arg Active Member

lol her upper arm would make a nice christmas ham, man you've really moved on up women-wise

3. Mort Divine

Mort Divine Shrine Maiden of the In-Crowd

jesus christ you're beyond a terrible person

4. Vimana

Vimana Member

I found it amusing.

5. ArneZ

ArneZ No rules in metal

[​IMG]

Where did the chicks who use to dig glam metal go? Girls around here where I live is only posing around in deathcore/black metal shirts, while im wearing Mötley Crüe. Haha!

6. King Richard

King Richard Against the wind...

They're all old and wrinkly now.

7. The Butt

The Butt Unholy gas, flares from my ass

I just rubbed my bird raw.

8. Der Morgenstern

Der Morgenstern Trailer Park Bacchus

9. arg

arg Active Member

10. Saparmurat_Niyazov

+1

11. Srontgorrth

Srontgorrth Member

12. King Richard

So, one of the hard drives in my new Alienware died. I decided to say fuck it and returned it and ordered a new one. Long story short, after much smooth talking I upgraded the entire computer for a mere $500 and got a free Alienware backpack and chill mat for my troubles. Here's the skinny:

Original laptop:

[​IMG]

New laptop:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Valerie

Valerie ¯\(ツ)/¯

$500 for an upgrade of 0.1GHz, 8GB of memory, 500GB storage and a 1 inch bigger screen?

Fuck yeah, overpaying.

14. King Richard

Not quite. I paid an additional $500 for 0.1GHz and 2MB extra cache, 8 GB more of ram, 500GB of storage, 1.1" bigger screen, an additional video card in SLI configuration (you missed that part), upgraded audio system (you missed that part too), and a carrying case and cooling pad for free.

P.S. That same exact setup + the bag and pad + taxes is over $4k and I only paid $3k, so I obviously saved over $1000 by spending only $500 for a computer that is nearly twice as powerful as my last one. That's probably too much knowledge for you to handle so just take my word for it, I made off like a fat cat.

15. Valerie

Valerie ¯\(ツ)/¯

You're right, I missed the second GPU, but another GTX 560 is worth barely more than $200.

You made off like a fat cat? Man, Alienware makes money off of people like you who don't know they can make a better computer for a third, or even a quarter of the price. Why did you want a laptop, anyway, when it seems like your main purpose is gaming?

If you have the money to blow on it and it genuinely satisfies you, then cool, whatever. But don't act smug and cocky about it, which it seems like you are.

Oh btw, your new computer isn't going to be "twice as powerful." The only thing that would have a noticable effect would be your GPU's in SLI, which you would notice in games. 16GB of RAM is a lot and all, but I highly doubt for your purposes that your computer would even be using 4 at any given time, even with a bunch of programs open.

16. King Richard

ah fuck it i dont give a shit anymore

17. waif

waif Member

"Gaming laptop" is a bad idea. Higher cost for lower power, harder/impossible to upgrade, and you'll feel like an idiot plugging it into a monitor and USB keyboard + mouse when you realize that it's a terrible setup for comfortable gaming.

I mean, it sounds like a sweet laptop, for sure, but imo you could have spent the same amount buying a decent $500 laptop and then put the rest into a fucking beast of a desktop rig.

18. Valerie

Valerie ¯\(ツ)/¯

I got the general impression that you were showing off and boasting, this was reinforced in my mind by the fuck yeah picture. Apologies if I misread that.

It's not difficult to know what parts are good and how to put them together. It is possible to build a very good desktop for $1000. Not so much a laptop, I'll give you that, but in my personal opinion the idea of a dedicated gaming laptop is kind of silly.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Alienware uses the same exact components (aside from their custom cases) that are commercially available for anyone to buy and assemble their own builds with. The difference is they charge a ridiculous amount more.

Oh.

I guess I was right, you are trying to be a cocky braggart.

A laptop will never be as powerful as a desktop. Good luck overclocking to anything significant.

An extra 100 mhz in processing speed is nothing. 16GB of memory is overkill when you never even would have needed to fully use the 8 you had originally. Two gpu's in SLI is nice but it'll be limited by your processor which will probably experience bottlenecking since it's only running at 3.5ghz.

Anyway, I admit arguing over this is petty. Regardless of everything else I hope you enjoy your computer. I'm just bitter towards Alienware and other sites that offer similar products like iBuyPower and such.

19. King Richard

What's more comfortable than raping people in your recliner with a 7.1 surround sound headset?

My display is full HD running at 120Hz and I have a full-sized keyboard. You're right, buying a separate monitor and mouse would be dumb. With the size and display of the laptop monitor relative to the distance it has to be away from your face so that it's comfortable for you to use the keyboard to type or play games is perfect.

20. sevag00

sevag00 Order to Chaos

Why waste that much money for a gaming laptop? It's a stupid idea.