This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The return of the "How are you today?" thread

Discussion in 'CoB Off-topic' started by Tut Ankh Amon, Oct 15, 2005.

1. s

s Member

2. Leandro

Leandro ¬¬

Oh dear you're a fucking idiot :lol:

If lettuce cured cancer we'd wouldn't even be having this conversation. I feel embarrassed that I have to tell you this. What the woman had was something completely different, relating to a missing *nutrient*. That assuming it wasn't just a random hormone secreted by the cancer itself, which we really can't say at this point. Moron.

3. s

s Member

I didn't say anywhere that lettuce cured cancer. :rolleyes:

My point was this woman's lettuce craving tipped her husband off.

The above mentioned dude had a craving for chili and Capsaicin is known to kill cancer cells.

Should his friend who noticed this bizarre chili craving have notified him to have it checked out?

Just sayin.

s

4. Leandro

Leandro ¬¬

I know what association you tried to make.

And I already called you out on your idiocy.

No need to repeat it.

Just sayin.

Ass.

5. s

s Member

It didn't sound like it.

Regardless, if you notice anyone develop a sudden craving for chili, lettuce or anything else for that matter, it may be worth asking them to have it checked out.

Better safe than sorry.

;)

s

6. Leandro

Leandro ¬¬

Oh jesus, I'll just hold your hand and walk you through it.

Let's begin with the facts: a woman had a craving for lettuce when she had breast cancer. We also know that lettuce contains one nutrient that breast cancer patients lack. Now, this is very likely a coincidence: or else, craving lettuce would be in the list of symptoms for breast cancer. This was probably a feature of this woman's particular cancer secreting specific hormones. BUT, for the sake of argument, let's assume that her body took steps to remedy the lack of nutrient x.

Now, other studies say that capsaicin kills cancer cells. I have serious doubts about this, especially concerning methodology and data analysis, but again, for the sake of argument, let's assume that it's true.

Thing is: unlike a nutrient missing, your body does not know that cancer cells are bad. That's why they're there, in fact: we almost get cancer all the time. Cellular division is a complicated process and something very often does go wrong. But either the defective cells have no drive to replicate or they're different enough to be attacked by the immune system. If it survived as a cancer, it means your body *does not* recognize it as a pathogen. And your body also did not read the study saying that capsaicin kills cancer cells. There's absolutely no reason why someone with a cancer would prefer to eat any kind of food because it kills cancer cells, unlike some food that has some nutrient they're missing. That IF the body can get people to crave things they need, which is pretty much unproven right now.

7. Macharius

Macharius Thank you for noticing.

When we were children, like elementary school age, he began to down whole bottles of frank's red hot and devour whatever food he had in front of him. He definitely didn't have cancer or ulcers or even sarcoma. His diet of spicy food and fast food pretty much lead to the problems he has now.

8. snowy

snowy The Empire Strikes Back

Look at the conversation, replace "people with cancer" with "fat" people, read the topic again.

s, fat people have a carving for a shit load of types of greasy foods and they obviously eat huge amounts of them too, I guess they have a lack of fat in their body.

9. CliffBurton

CliffBurton Member

I have a big sliver in my foot and cant get it out! :(!!!!
    Had to walk with it all day. Then found out the man I need to see about my vacation time has had his position dissolved yesterday. :/
    Now...uhhhggg. So tired, so much shit to do :(

10. s

s Member

Give this man a nobel prize :lol:

Yeah I heard when fat cells start to shrink they send messages to the brain that make you think the body is hungry, I know this happens particularly while bored, you feel compelled to eat.

I'd say the junk food was the cause and not the spices.

How is he now, still craving spicy food?

Sliver of what?

I've heard recently of removing splinters with glue, dunno how it'd work if it were in deep.

s

11. CliffBurton

CliffBurton Member

Poorly maintained deck.
    With the purchase of tweezers, I have most of it out. :/

c

12. snowy

snowy The Empire Strikes Back

Purchasing managers/directors, and procurement managers/directors guide the organization’s acquisition procedures and standards. Most organizations use a three-way check as the foundation of their purchasing programs. This involves three departments in the organization completing separate parts of the acquisition process. The three departments do not all report to the same senior manager to prevent unethical practices and lend credibility to the process. These departments can be purchasing, receiving; and accounts payable or engineering, purchasing and accounts payable; or a plant manager, purchasing and accounts payable. Combinations can vary significantly, but a purchasing department and accounts payable are usually two of the three departments involved.

f

13. s

s Member

I just saw the Ross Kemp episode on St. Louis.

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=868519451559529"]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=868519451559529[/ame]

s

14. SaatananPieniSisar

Pff... I'm going crazy, feeling like I can't do my job properly due to missing information... Thank the gods that I have some good music to get rid of my frustration... And some random ranting places :)

15. Finpower

Finpower Niinku Perkele

Gettin rdy to watch Hockeymatch Fin vs Swizerland.

16. hauta

hauta Tengo mucho sueño -_-

lätkäjuntti :rofl:
    couldn't watch it but who won?

I'm listening to Guns n' Roses :rofl:

17. the stone's hinge

the stone's hinge Professional Do-Gooder

I just finished my semester and I'm waiting for grades. I have no idea what to do, so I'm going to sit here and eat cereal while I draw things.

18. Finpower

Finpower Niinku Perkele

Was nice match Fin won 5-2
    Today Fin vs France i think im gonne make a bet 6-0 to Fin

19. Night Reaper

Night Reaper ooo the reaper wants more

50$

20. hauta

hauta Tengo mucho sueño -_-

Hell Yeah! :kickass: Hyvää Suomi!

Aha.. bored to tears.. Can you actually draw or you are just doing some random shapes, saying "so fucking bored"?
    Good luck with the grades dude! Hope you won't wait too long :)