This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Systematic Mixing Guide - NOW OUT!

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by Ermz, Mar 27, 2012.

1. hoehlentroll

hoehlentroll Member

I think the statement is okay, because he might use it just for selling purposes.
    I guess it's not meant for us but the gearsluts, HC, sevenstrings kiddies who don't know shit ;)

2. DanLights

DanLights Santa Hat Forever

got paid today, got it today! This is gonna be fun.

3. Jarkko Mattheiszen

Jarkko Mattheiszen The FU guy.

...and that's exactly why it's a bit... uh... weird statement in the first place.

Marketing gimmicks aside, congrats on the book Ermz, hope it sells well!

4. Brandon E.

Brandon E. Member

Yeah, for all those kiddies who post on gearslutz like, David Bendeth, Mike Shipley, Michael Wagener, Bruce Swedien, Michael Brauer and others...oh wait...no that statement was probably more for the kiddies on this forum, the ones who learn everything they know off of the internet and nothing from experience, the ones who would actually believe it. When you're mixing the next Nickelback cd maybe you can get away with your publicist saying something like that but until then, um...it makes you look really bad.

5. Ermz

Ermz ¯\(°_o)/¯

I was hoping that at some point it would be read as intended, and the issue would've been clarified. Consider, perhaps, that this may be reading too far into a lone marketing statement. The key word within the line is 'independent', meaning unaffiliated with larger commercial studios, management companies and major labels. For an independent entity, Systematic Productions is quite busy, with bookings currently reaching to next year, with artists both domestic and from abroad. The statement never served to imply self-perceived peerhood with top class major label engineers half a world away, operating under entirely different circumstances.

@TiamatWaves: I hadn't thought about putting it up on the iTunes Bookstore. If anyone would care to chip in, what would be the demand behind doing so? Would anyone be interested?

Glad the guide is continuing to be received well. Hoping you all continue to find use of it through your future sessions.

PS. The landing page has been updated: http://www.systematicproductions.com/mixing-guide.htm

It now lists the price, highlights, and is generally a lot easier to read (especially if you like quotes!).

6. atoragon

atoragon Member

Ermz, the guide is beautiful! I bought it 3 days ago and printed it, and I have to say it is really a gold mine! What will be added in the "update"?

7. hoehlentroll

hoehlentroll Member

nonverbal-communication on the internet=smileys
    please think again about your statement :(

8. jamvanman

jamvanman Member

Yes, this was exactly what I read it to mean.

(bought it and enjoyed it - a good read.)

9. LoftMusicRob

LoftMusicRob Member

Same here.

As long as I can pick up at least one new tip I'm happy. Great read!

10. onetruth

onetruth Member

haha yeah mate! they're still knocking around.....they've drafted in ex-members of stampin' ground to record some new tunes and play some shows this year.

as long as the recording session goes well i'll be posting up some samples in the next few weeks! keep your eyes peeled dude.

11. Zento

Zento Member

Just bought it, can't wait to start reading!

12. MG-Chris

MG-Chris 80's Thrash > *

You know what "makes you look really bad"? Shitting up this thread with this kind of nonsense. Who the fuck cares?

13. Star Ark

Star Ark Member

ermz can write whatever the fuck he wants on his marketing blurb.

If you don't like it go build up your own following on ultimate metal over a decade and put out an e book.

Every thing that is markerted in this world is presented as the "best", it's just how it is. The complainers want the recognition in these situations, but are never brave enough or driven enough to acheive what they are trying to knock down.

14. Melb_shredder

Melb_shredder Orpheus: Melodic Death

[​IMG]

15. Brandon E.

Brandon E. Member

You shouldn't generalize about "complainers" that you don't know anything about...I don't boast my achievements on internet forums because it's irrelevant to my real life and real life connections, which DO matter to me. It doesn't mean we are all jealous haters trying to steal e-glory. The rest of this post isn't directed at you in particular so don't go all fight mode on me.

It is simply a pet peeve of mine (and many others) to see somebody boasting an ego...it's just unprofessional. The logic is that if you're really great, you don't need to tell people about it, they'll already know. Not once did I knock Ermz' product or try to belittle his book or whatever success it might achieve...but yes, I did knock his sales pitch, deal with it. Marketing gimmick is the right word...most of the big mixers up top are independent mixers...how many staff mixers can you really think of? So where is the line drawn?

Anyways, Ermz has clarified that he meant something else and there's nothing left to dispute. Some of us read something different into it and have voiced disapproval over making claims like that, and some of us have defended it. That's it, nothing else to discuss.

Good luck with the book Ermz

16. Ermz

Ermz ¯\(°_o)/¯

Hey Chris,

I've looked into this and there doesn't appear to be a way for me to generate gift certificates using my current distribution service. However I can generate a custom download link for whomever wins your competition, so long as I get their e-mail address.

17. Torniojaws

Torniojaws They call me Juha

Bought it and downloaded it :) Let's see how it is like, I really need to work on some things with mixing, so hopefully this gives some nice tips :)

18. aaronglass

aaronglass Wanna-Be Sound Engineer

I'm very excited to pick this up! I'm new on the forums, I've been reading around and I've heard some of your mixes. AMAZING stuff mate.

19. aaronglass

aaronglass Wanna-Be Sound Engineer

Also // If I'm more comfortable in Logic (I use ProTools at uni, however) can I still get a lot from this book?

20. AdamG94

AdamG94 Member

Yes, I don't think I read anything in this book that was specific to one DAW.