This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The tour has started!

Discussion in 'Gigs' started by GeigeIstKrieg, Sep 26, 2008.

1. The Shinster

The Shinster Penior Member

I clearly meant there was 2 of us from the forum...>_>

But honestly I thought you were somehow affiliated with the band or record label or some sort of gig/venue company =O

Sorry =P

2. The Shinster

As mentioned, it was kinda awkward. Everyone was kinda quiet, they bitched about Sonata Arctica, talked about getting strangely translated messages from Japanese fans.

Nygard wasn't there because he'd got hammered the night before and disappeared, the last they'd heard he was trying to get into a taxi. Olli did joke that he may have run off to Amsterdam =P

3. GeigeIstKrieg

GeigeIstKrieg The former bald guy

Hah, well yeah! I suppose we have to get our press lady to arrange these happenings later on and have all sorts of topic lists printed out for people. Not everybody is great standup comedian like me :Smug:

People, ask your fucking questions aloud if you have some, don't bitch on the forum afterwards! Anyway, thanks for those who came there on 14 hrs notice - we appreciated it.

Guess we'll still have to intimidate some Scottish or Irish fans during the next days.

4. The Shinster

Lol I'm not bitching, I was kinda quiet 'cause I was in awe :). Unfortunately I forgot to pester you to play Miklagard Overture until after you'd left =(

And btw I remembered the 5th place I saw you, it was at Camden's Electric Ballroom with Alestorm and Norther :D

But I gotta say thanks to you all for taking time out to meet the fans, even though there was 3 of us.

And you especially Olli because you kept the conversations going :D

5. ingrid

ingrid Member

we'll raise a shelter there for all finnish metal men there :p

6. Kayne

Kayne .. - - ..

Ya know, if i had known about this before hand i would have drove to london to meet you all, shame all your other shows are now when i'm working, i have a hundred questions to ask you, i think.

On a side note, if you have any more meet and greet in the england, i'm gunna try and drive their and uh, get time off work or something.

:worship:

7. GodAm

GodAm My Wine in Silence

It's cool. I am with the band. ha! :kickass:
    I just really appreciate Olli setting it up, he said it was hard to do because he doesn't know what is in the area. Thank you!

Just too bad I can't go back to Canada and catch them in Toronto in December!

8. Cari

Cari Member

*laughing*
    lovely, topic-lists XD
    and then at the meeting you have to make a tick behind what was already discussed :lol:

9. GeigeIstKrieg

GeigeIstKrieg The former bald guy

By the way, I'm writing another mini-tour diary on a friend's website www.shutterblast.net/

As requested, it goes by the theme "the härskier the better". Won't bother translating that anyway, bwah. Also check out her photos of Turisas, taken on Euro tour, this summer and this fall. Epic! (if the photos of Astoria suck balls, it is more because of the supporter-gets-shit-lights deal than her photoshop skills!).

10. Cari

Cari Member

haha cool to read though the the HTML is sometimes a bit fucked up...anyways, you badly needing beauty sleep? sounds amusing ;)

11. Kayne

Kayne .. - - ..

Nice, but surely you could come and tour england again, to promote your new dvd, surely thats reason enough. Thats kinda like an album, it has a new song on it, sorta.

12. Cari

Cari Member

i guess I need to say I love you Olli (no, no worries- I do not wanna marry you because of that now LOL) for those tour-diaries - always makes a smile appear on my face, mostly the perfect thing to make me laugh though I am busy like hell ;)

13. -Nizz-

-Nizz- "Be Just And Fear Not"

Leeds was gooood, very goood! :D
    Not many people dressed up though, and Turisas weren't on for long enough :p
    DragonForce were amazing though! So much energy!
    I went coloured bright green! :)

14. Cari

Cari Member

bwahahahah, any pics of that? XD
    I am not going dressed up aswell, thanks to being sort of ill and wanting to enjoy my time in dublin afterwards LOL

15. Katie'Force

Katie'Force Kables

So after 3 weeks, 7 shows and over 1600 miles I'm home for the final time :(
    it's been an amazing tour, loved every single show, but glasgow was definately the best!!!
    There has been a few technical difficulties for both bands, but they both, at every single gig, put their all in and gave brilliant performances! Couldn't have asked for more from the tour, definately looking forward to the DVD!!!!

16. IceWind87

IceWind87 New Metal Member

SCOTLAND FTW, man i would love to get a backstage pass and have a piss up with some real fucking ale, that would be the shiz

17. Katie'Force

Katie'Force Kables

haha there's no rock and roll lifestyle on this tour, trust me, they all just spend their lives on myspace! :p
    and no ale either.... stella, carling, JD, vodka, bloody mary's, smoothies, coke (the drink, not the drug), water, russian vodka... but no ale

18. IceWind87

WTF stella, what a load of pish lol. JD however i can let pass :D

19. Katie'Force

Katie'Force Kables

you heard Warlord, they drink what is given... doesn't mean they like it. although it made me laughin newcastle, Warlord loves newky brown, he was clearly looking forward to drinking it again, gets all the way to newcastle... and thevenue doesn't sell it! hehe

20. IceWind87

gutted, newcy brown is good, next time they are in scotland they need to look out for this

[​IMG]