This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by A8, Sep 15, 2007.

1. whiskey funeral

whiskey funeral Mother North

They can't handle his mass sex appeal.

2. Eligos

Eligos Problem Yet to be Solved

Bitches be frontin.

Edit: to sum it all up in a concise statement, it's because contracts, as opposed to full time employment, are completely devoid of any semblance of job security. For the most part, contracts are what I have been able to find with my combination of experience and education.

3. Krigloch the Furious

Krigloch the Furious Pants full of poo

Listening to the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack

4. Funerary_Doom

Funerary_Doom My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Oh no Eligos that blows. No doubt you'd find something quick, but that still sucks. Those contracts seem like a pain in the ass :/

Getting several drunk texts from friends and coworkers which are totally making my day. One of my besties is moving to L.A. and she made me promise to visit her for the new year. I doubt it'd be that soon but maybe in the summer. Never been to the wild Wild West.

5. SentinelSlain

SentinelSlain Suck my joined date.

I fucking miss that food so much. It's sexual.

6. whiskey funeral

Doing some major cleaning now that my son is gone until tomorrow morning. I do the usual stuff during the week like vacuum, laundry, dishes, etc. but it's damn near impossible to properly clean with him running around like a maniac.

7. crimsonfloyd

crimsonfloyd Active Member

Slept for the better part of 13 hours. Fuck that felt good.

8. Master_Yoda77

Master_Yoda77 Juggalo

Dishes done. Starting to fold clean clothes and put dirty cocksuckers in my laundry bin. Fuck bitches get money.

9. Krigloch the Furious

Fuck dudes get chocolate

10. Nephilim96

Nephilim96 Member

Balls are sweaty, but too lazy to take a shower. Plus there's college football and hockey on.

11. Nephilim96

Nephilim96 Member

You fucked a dude for chocolate?

12. zerostatic

zerostatic Damned in Flames

Procrastinating and avoiding writing my last paper of the semester. It is for multicultural perspectives in education class and I am ready for it to be over. I've had enough of the bashing of white men and American culture. Call me biased, but even after a semester of bullshit I still truly believe that anyone living in America can achieve their goals and improve their lives if they work hard.

13. crimsonfloyd

So in other words you're gonna ignore all the evidence demonstrating inequality in opportunity for people coming from different classes, ethnicities and linguistic backgrounds and throw out an empty cliche? You obviously missed the point of that class.

14. Krigloch the Furious

Uh....ya, duh

15. Dak

Dak mentat

Is it some sort of "conspiracy" to "keep the [Other] down" or is it difficulty in inculturation (and/or refusal) on the part of the "deprived"? I have yet to witness anything other than the latter. Granted, inculturation is inherently difficult to some degree in any direction, and there is nothing "wrong" with this. It merely "is what it is".

16. Matt

Matt Active Member

What? You're obviously a partisan liberal. Anyone can 'pull themselves up by their bootstraps' in America. Blacks and poors are just too lazy to do it. :rolleyes:

17. crimsonfloyd

I have no idea what you're even talking about. Nobody said anything about a conspiracy. Take you one post into a debate to throw out a straw man that fits in with nothing anybody has said so far. This is why it's a waste of time to debate anything deeper than football with you. Also, what is "incluturation"? I've never heard the term before and all that is coming up is stuff regarding indoctrination and evangelism. Do you mean aculturation? Enculutration?

18. Dak

Dak mentat

Sorry, Enculturation*. We can include Acculturation but most of the supposed keeping down rarely officially applies to that sort of situation because it's often either a work visa (opportunity!) or illegal immigration (not official) and so definitionally inapplicable.

To be clear, I mean enculturation in a broad sense - not just your family/neighborhood. It's not a strawman to call this a conspiracy - even in the banal sense. People working together, even subconsciously - systemically, to keep out "minorities" of one sort or another - racial/disabled/sex preference/etc.

I simply don't see this exclusion in either civic or corporate circles, and I'm obviously not referring to personal experience in my own pursuits - obviously I just walk into places with a virtual nametag that says "white male", and am immediately offered the best seat/job/office/grade/assignment/etc availa- nay, minorities are ousted from their positions to make room for me. Everything I touch shits gold, shit which all non-white/non-males are forbidden to gaze upon, as the golden shit from that which I have touched is unlawful to behold for those "others". If only we had a Civil Rights Act amirite?

I won't disagree that there are those who need some cultural sensitivity training etc, but some of you overdose on it or something.

19. whiskey funeral

In a significant amount of pain today either from sleeping in weird positions, old injuries or both. This sucks.

20. Vimana

Vimana Member

Procrastinating on my English homework. I am never doing an English class online again. We've barely learned anything. This class is just practice on articulating opinions and using selective research to support a conclusion. What a waste of time.