This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by A8, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Dak

Dak mentat

Democrats find all Republicans clowns, but only Thomas gets singled out for it in this way, primarily because your fucking collective heads explode that there's a black person that is an obedient little Republican instead of an obedient little Democrat. Probably adds additional fuel that he is an actual slave descendent who messes with progressive narratives about the black condition in the US.

2. Einherjar86

Einherjar86 Active Member

The vast majority of blacks in America are descended from slaves. One Supreme Court Justice doesn't fuck with a narrative. And furthermore, cultural hegemony suggests that socio-economic success can be at least partially blinding to those who achieve it.

3. Dak

Dak mentat

Narratives are explanations, not raw data. One SCJ doesn't fuck with the raw data. It doesn't take much to fuck with the narrative, given the shape of the narrative.

"Cultural hegemony" may have less to do with "partial blindness" of risers and more about having rejected, in the beginning, the subculture of the lower SES where they rose from. Not incidentally, Thomas read Thomas Sowell early on, who advocates as a black speaking to blacks to do exactly that.

I can't even imagine the amount of whitesplaining Sowell, Thomas, Carson, Williams, etc. have to put up with.

4. tagradh

tagradh Active Member

I posted an ad looking for band people.

I feel like a whore.

5. CF87

CF87 Active Member

Not much, was sitting outside last night and saw an animal the size of a skunk or a cat, but was not sure what it was because never seen one. I don't recall it having hair. It ran off pretty quick. It kinda looked like a big rat. I think it was a possum. Anyways it was pretty cool.

[​IMG]

I took this pick off google. I'm still not really positive if it was a possum, but I think so.

6. Funerary_Doom

Funerary_Doom My head is bloody, but unbowed.

That's definitely a possum. I had one crawl into my basement…. maybe a year ago now and it played dead (looks like that's what it is doing in the picture) and I had to sweep that shit up and throw it into the yard where i jumped up and ran away. Those things are scary looking, but are mostly harmless because they can't get rabies.

Working on my application for Hunter College's Special Education program! NYCT Fellows placed me there, and I'm not complaining. It's not that far from me and it's a good school so woohoo.

7. Pagan Savior

Pagan Savior Member

That's awesome! You probably don't live far from my brother then. I know of Hunter because his son went through the application process earlier this year. He didn't get in but he got to the 2nd stage of the interview process, which was pretty cool. Seems like an amazing school - good luck!

8. Funerary_Doom

Funerary_Doom My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Oh sweet! I take it your brother is around Harlem? I'm in the Bronx, but Hunter College is about an hour or so on the train, which isn't too bad. I thought you were from England? Did you both relocate to the States?

Also, if anything he can totally try again next enrollment, if he wants to. I'm no expert, but the second process is the telephone interview (which they ask a lot of the same questions) and what actually helped was the Education thread here (hehehe) it offered some great perspective with classroom dynamics. Also, i think depending on your preference they'll take you. Mine was Special Education, but i do believe people who are general education have a harder time. Either way, that is still really far, and cool!

9. Krow

Krow Garbage Connoisseur

Man I hate possums. They're extremely common place around here and pretty much annoying. They would chew the lids off our garbage cans and sling and shred garbage everywhere. They're pretty much a kill on sight pest here, along with raccoons. I've even heard of people eating them... But fuck that.

10. Pagan Savior

Pagan Savior Member

Ah I think I got myself mixed up here, but Wikipedia sorted it out... My brother's son is 4 years old and they applied for him to be a student at the Hunter College Elementary School! My brother had always just called it Hunter so I didn't realize it was administered by a college of the same name...

Yeah, we are both from Wales but both somehow ended up living in the US. He's been here for a few years longer than me and became a citizen last year so he'll be staying for life I think. He lives in Manhattan, in the financial district.

11. Black Orifice

Black Orifice Vein-Marbled Tower

Wild and wonderful.

12. Krigloch the Furious

Krigloch the Furious Pants full of poo

13. Onder

Onder Gegen unendlich

Yesterday my girlfriend told me my sperm tasted like beer. I think my lifestyle has crystalized into its own purest form. Only descent can follow now.

14. Carpe Mortem

Carpe Mortem Benevolently Batshit

Getting real tired of my manager being intimidated by my superior technology skills and being a more quick study than her. She's been passive aggressive since I started but I've always been a master deflector and act as subservient as I can so she'll feel better. Plus she's a single mom so I can be sympathetic to her constantly worrying. It kinda came to a head today though, she's convinced I'm after her job and our conversation basically reminded me of this scene if you watch the show.

[​IMG]

I really don't care if I get her job or not. I'm happy with my pay, my boss is cool, etc etc. Problem is he's quickly seeing my value and trying to force her into a different position that's more people-oriented and sales-driven so I can handle the paperwork, mathematical and tech side of the business. She doesn't want to change what she does, but I can't just pretend I don't get it. I was hired as her assistant, and I'd think that knowing more about what I'm doing and learning quickly is useful.

I set up a powwow for the three of us tomorrow, I aint about to deal with this shit. Anyone else have this problem?

15. Onder

Onder Gegen unendlich

No no I just deal with my cum being more or less beery. I try to limit my social interactions to the people who can see it or taste it, or at least drink some more beers with me to enhance the beeriness of my cum.

16. 0Marty

0Marty Member

I am not sure it is a good idea to speak freely about this. You know, Heineken might be watching. It'd be kinda incovenient experience to wake up in one of their labs, naked. I am quite sure cum tastes better than Heineken so they might wanna test you.

17. The Butt

The Butt Unholy gas, flares from my ass

As long as he doesn't wake up in a lab being injected with Bud Light.

18. unknown

unknown fuck ftagn

if he'd end up in any beer lab, it would be Urquell's

19. Master_Yoda77

Master_Yoda77 Juggalo

That would be like Valhalla...

20. Satanstoenail

Satanstoenail My Larpstyle determines my Derpstyle

Being a self absorbed egomaniac? Not really.