This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The what I like thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

How often are you going to use GPS, FFS? A bloke at work asked my opinion about whether he should get one for his car. I said, "How often are you going to go somewhere where you don't know where you're going or how to get there?" iPhones have nothing that other phones don't already have.

2. Rick

Rick Senior User

They have an i infront of their name... Personally, i print off a google map when i have to travel somewhere that i have absolutely no idea about, so i could see when a GPS would be handy, but only those in car ones.

3. Zen

Zen Vows In Ashes...

I've got an N95 too, awesome phone. I use the GPS fairly often I'd say, and it's great for when you're on holidays in a town you don't know.

4. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

It's amazing how often I've used the GPS in mine, especially on tour.

5. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

I'm not saying a GPS isn't useful, but it seems like people are getting them just because they're a thing to have.

6. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

I should hope people visit places they don't know where they are going on a regular basis. I don't understand why people get angry because some one wants GPS even if they won't use it. If somebody wants it just because it may be cool let them have it!

You're right iphone hasn't got anything new to offer. But it is made by Apple which has a group of loyal fans, many people buy it becuase they trust apple. It may be because there products work best for them, or they have great customer service, which personally, I am a fan of. Plus they have a great marketing strategy, who hasn't heard of the iphone? How many people have heard of the Nokia N95? Rick is right, it has an "i" infront of it. The geeks will buy it just because of that. But there isn't anything wrong with that, it's not like its a crap phone it is just over hyped.

Even today in the Apple store they have line ups for the iphone and that thing is not cheap.

7. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

GPS was just an added bonus for me with the N95. I've never needed it... and typically, the one time I do need it, it doesn't fucking work

8. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

That really depends on who you ask

9. Rick

Rick Senior User

Yes, we call them part of the "Apple Community" where Apple isn't just a product, it's a lifestyle. Sheepish morons who would buy anything including a do-it-yourself suicide kit if it had an i infront of it. :)

Refer to ^

10. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

That's the same with everything. There will always be someone out there who will just dismiss anything as crap. How could it be 'crap' though? I can see overrated and all that but not crap.

11. Rick

Rick Senior User

In my opinion spending any more than 100$ on a phone is retarded. I've lost 4 phones drunk and broke 1. All those 'features' are just crap in my opinion, my phone rings, has a camera, a phonebook and can msg. And it was 100$, and next time i lose it drunk it won't worry me. :)

12. flip`

flip` Your mother was a hamster

I use my GPS often, love it. I actually bought the phone (Nokia 6110 Navigator) because of the GPS. I can browse the net, send emails and there's heaps of other cool Nokia aps too, everything I need.

I wouldn't switch over to an iPhone if you bought one for me.

13. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Happy Little Boozer

I've got the 6110 Navigator too and I use the GPS heaps. Even if it's just finding my way to gig venues or places in the city, and it's handy when I go camping too.

I like that I passed my midyear Physics exam. Not that it really matters a whole lot, because the subject/study score won't really help me in anyway, but yeah, I did better than I thought so I'm happy.

14. Zen

Zen Vows In Ashes...

I like that my Dream Theater - Live Scenes From New York DVD arrived today. I've been after a copy for ages and finally bought one new from the US for $10.

15. Crabby

Crabby Member

Going to see Chris Rock- very funny stuff and if you get the chance to see him this week, do it.

16. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Happy Little Boozer

I like Google Maps Street View. It's damn entertaining. And quite interesting to walk around areas of the country I haven't been too.

http://maps.google.com/

17. Zen

Zen Vows In Ashes...

Yeah, that's fucking insane. Amazingly well done too, I was really surprised when I saw they'd done Wagga. It's such an amazingly detailed piece of software, pretty much blows my mind.

18. Nebulous

Nebulous Daniel

Slightly freaky when you see your own house on that....sort of glad they got the street name wrong.

19. MetGreen

MetGreen KFC Maniac!!!

The new Into Eternity album. Fucking soooooo good!

20. Crabby

Crabby Member

One of my favourite bands and the new album is indeed awesome.