This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The what I like thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Feb 14, 2006.

1. sadisticsatyr

sadisticsatyr Young Apprentice

Some video's are impossible to find that were played on Rage. Perfect example (that i happen to be looking for atm): Bombscare - Scared City. Found it listed on Rage playlists....and thats it.

2. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

Rage is also good for those videos that you'd never even think of finding on Youtube. And for stuff you've never heard of.

3. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Oh yeah for sure. That's also why I watch Hardcore on V. I may be able to watch all the videos online anyway, but it introduces me to new stuff.

4. Mean Bitch

Mean Bitch and her name was...

Im liking that I finaly got my Car Licence!!! I went for my test this morning, got it first time and it was a manual too :) So lots of driving to be done in my new (well second hand but new to me) Mazda 6 over the next few weekends!!! A good friend just moved to canberra so it will be nice to be able to get down and see her easy as!

5. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Nice work! And a Mazda 6 is a good car to drive around in too.

6. Mean Bitch

Yeah Im liking it, but having nothing to compaire it to kinda helps lol, Im a bit shit with the clutch and being a deisel its a bit slow but Im loving the freedom compaired to the Bike iv been riding the past few years!

7. sadisticsatyr

Its very liberating aye, i didnt get mine till i was 25....then wished it gotten it way earlier. Curious though...In what way are you shit with the clutch? How did you pass the test in manual if you struggle with the clutch?

8. Mean Bitch

Its mostly with hand brake starts, I over reve it, to prevent it from stalling... general driving Im fine, its just those hill starts where I should let the clutch do more and less gass but finding the balance in my car is a challange, and realeasing the handbrake when it does find that balance with out being to early and rolling back :( on my instructers car I was fine... he thinks its something to do with it being a turbo deisel but im not really sure, I just know that if I dont keep it at above 1500 revs when I release the clutch it stalls... :S I did the test in my car and the driving examiner didnt mention anything wrong with my control of the car nor did I stall once ... I lost a mark because I took it out of gear on my curb side park as it was on top of a hill aparntly I should have put it back into gear... no one ever told me that hahaha

9. sadisticsatyr

Always park in gear. 1st if facing up-hill, reverse if facing down hill.

Its just part of getting to know the car intimately lol.....hill starts were a little shaky for me too at first. Just look for opportunities to do it so you get practise. You'll have it in no time. Better to over-rev it than underrev it in that situation though.

10. Mean Bitch

Ha makes sence, would have been good if they gave me those details when telling me I was doing it wrong... I dont think anyone ever mentioned direction or putting it in revese, so thanks for that :D
    Yeah I argee haha, When my car stalls its violent really hard stop! I must do so much damage every time I stall, thankfully its not that often anymore but the very first time I tried to drive it I stalled it 5 times tring to get it out of the driveway - which gave it a flat battory!!! Loving my Car though just need to make it a bit more bogan with a big sub and it would be perfect hahaha

11. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

Racer X - Second Heat. Vocals are dated, rhythm guitar a bit simple, but lead.... ho lee fuk. I mean some of you know I'm pretty impressed with Paul Gilbert, but 1987????? They were doing this in 1987???? It's like discovering Wingers first album all over again.

12. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

Lonely Island and Michael Boltons - Jack Sparrow

#11052 cro4eva, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  13. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

They definitely were.

ahh Shrapnel Records.

s

14. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

And I bet there a shitload of other bands from the same era that I know nothing about and would love as well.

15. reidie

reidie Member

I remember my uncle giving me and my brother a tape to expand our musical horisons outside metallica when i was 12 or 13 - racer X scarified was on it - blown away at the speed of gilberts playing... and there was i at 12 yrs old thinking Kirk was THE guitar god! :lol:

What i like? New Deam Theater, Opeth, Primus and Anthrax

16. Falkor

Falkor J.B.C.M

The Big Four at Yankee stadium. Epic gig, amazing crowd and the atmosphere was awesome. Feeling the stadium shaking under the feet of 100,000 fans and the entire crowd singing back to James was amazing.

I think they filmed it and will release on DVD because there were cameras everywhere. So heres hoping because I'd love to buy it.

17. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

Ahh, the benefits of living in a "big" city.

Lucly bastard! Take any photos?

18. Robotman

Robotman Gun Kata

I like it when I read great reports about Voyager's performance at this year's ProgPower USA. :)

19. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

I just sent off my last assignment for the year, I'm unofficially done til February. I'm so relieved I feel like I'm melting.

20. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

Steel Panther's "Big Balls". Probably the stupidest, most offensively AWESOME album I've heard in years