This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The what pisses you off thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Crozzy, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

I'm pretty certain everyone here has been ridiculed at some point for;

- listening to metal
    - growing their hair
    - shaving their hair

2. Spikes Red

Spikes Red Member

Yep, and whereas I reckon it would be harder on guys, it isn't easy as a chick either.
    Try being a mum with kids at the local private school in a country area............they find out you listen to metal and all of a sudden you worship satan. They wouldn't invite me to coffee mornings anymore........I was so sad. Hehehehe!!
    But it's easier now my kids are grown up, I have a great time talking with their friends about metal and bands and games.
    The other ones, not into metal, well their parents are mostly the ones who shunned me. Funny thing is, some of them are the ones that are either pregnant, married, into drugs and not working, one even looking at jail time for thieving large amounts of money from their boss. So although my kids have a supposedly evil mum, they are the well grounded ones.
    They can look down their noses at me in my jeans and band shirts down the street, but I am the one that gets the last laugh.
    I've always said, you should never judge a book by it's cover. ;)

3. MegaTory

MegaTory New Metal Member

That's awesome! If my future career as a musician doesn't go down well, I always wanted to be a cool primary school teacher that listens to metal as my 2nd career choice :p

4. Celestial-Todd

Similar story... when me and my younger brother started up our first band, the hardcore christian family across the road (who we'd always been friendly with) started telling my mother that we where evil and how the family would suffer etc etc

The funny part is that one of her kids is now in jail, another got knocked up while on drugs and the last is living on the dole whereas my family turned out pretty well in the end

5. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Some people are just fucked. The idea of shunning people because of their musical choice is a bizarre one.

6. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

A couple of personal anecdotes here...

Growing up in Broken Hill was hard for a kid that was into computers, sci-fi movies, soundtrack scores and then later metal. At school you're not exactly one of the cool kids if you hang around the computer room instead of throwing a football around, let's say that much. And forget this wanting to learn stuff shit - I should have been spending more time showing how cool I was or trying to impress the group of cool girls in the corner. And then after leaving school, wandering around in a town where you get singled out by the local indigenous population because you're white (yes, folks - racism goes both ways in outback towns), by the trendy/cool kids because you don't have a popped collar and spikey hair, by the skinheads because you listen to metal, by the rednecks because they're inbred, and looked down upon by every conservative person because you're clearly a devil worshipping drug taking loser.

Fast forward 20 years. I don't need to say what I've achieved and what I'm doing now - you guys all know the story. On the other hand, the cool group of girls at school that the jock boys were so desperate to impress aren't getting much attention now. They ended up in dead-end jobs because they didn't study, and without their regular group to tell each other how cool they were, they ended up in shit relationships, got old/fat/boring and lead pretty miserable if not mundane lives. The jocks? Same basic story. No education, no cool girls to impress, dead end jobs, unhappy families... my last school reunion was fucking hilarious, let's say that much. ;)

The point I'm making is these people dropping shit on you will never be as smart, as self-confident, or individual as you'll be simply because they're spending most of their time trying to fit in to someone else's dream instead of their own. (Getting an idea where some of LORD's lyrics are inspired? ;) ). You might cop some shit in the meantime which is unfair - and it IS - but be the best you can be, learn as much as you can, live as much as you can and one day you'll be the one looking back on all of these assholes and knowing which one of you was right. :)

7. Spikes Red

Spikes Red Member

Always be the best you can be...one of my favourite affirmations. ;)

Maybe this is why Metal people seem to kinda flock together, we all know the common prejudice that each have been through at some point of their lives.

Our dog is pissing me off, he is supposed to kept quiet after castration, fat chance of that happening.
    He is hyper at the best of times, even the vet asked me, does he ever stop for one second? Hahaha.......NOPE.
    Don't ever get a min-pin unless you have lots of energy or small kids to wear them out!

8. pipsqeek

pipsqeek Musical Delinquent

I never bothered going to my high school formal, or any of the reunions they've attempted to contact me with. I never liked anyone in school then, and I'd hate to go there now only to see the losers who shun me because I was into metal, had long hair, was the only kid in school who chose music because they actually wanted to learn it more and not doing it just because it was a bludge or an easy pass.

Our school was mostly full of lebo tri hards that are now mostly all in prison for holding up the local McDonald's or something dumb like that.

A friend of mine went to one of the reunions a couple of years ago and told me the room was full of drop kicks so he left early. I told him, "So, nothings changed".

Regarding dogs, when I had mine, his name was Brando. Complete nutter of a dog. Full of energy. The vet had him filed under F, not B. F for Fruit Loop.

The vet asked me the same thing once "Done he ever stop for a minute?" I said "Yeah, he's at his most still moment when he's drinking water or eating."

9. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

The next dog I get, I'm going to name Seefer. Or if I get a cat, Deefer. Just to mess with peoples' heads.

10. Celestial-Todd

It took me about 5 minutes to get what you meant haha

I hate installing baby/child carseats... fucking thing just won't stay still

11. Spikes Red

Spikes Red Member

The new ones are a nightmare, but so much safer than the old ones. Maybe that's why the old ones were so easy to install?

12. Celestial-Todd

My problem is that the seat is too large to put behind the passenger seat (without the seat being un-sittable) and it's probably a bit too small to "wedge" between the seats

I've followed the instructions and have all the anchors tightened as much as possible but there still seems to be alot of "give" when I push on it

13. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Go get it installed at a baby goods place.

14. Celestial-Todd

There's a "RTA Licensed" fitter around the corner apparently, planning on taking it up during the week to see if I've just done it wrong

15. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Me and one of my brothers installed mine a few months ago, but the instructions were so hard to follow we didn't do it properly. My wife took it down to a baby shop and they did a kick arse job of it.

Sounds like some of you went to the wrong schools too. We had a metal group of kids at my school, and the band that one battle of the bands was a death metal one.

16. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

took me a moment to get that

very clever, Si :headbang:

17. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

My wife's an expert at installing baby car seats. She should be, with all the kids we have. I don't even try to put the things in any more because I can't work the things out. But once you know how it's easy to do. You want to watch over the pro's shoulder and memorise every step.

18. Bucko

Bucko Member

deefercatat .... :puke:

19. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

Or...name it Reefer.

s

20. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

pisses me off having to turn down much needed work (because of the money) because of a job network appointment (don't work enough hours, so Centrelink still expect me to look for jobs)

still, may get Wednesday & Thursday shifts due to a guard having to take leave for family stuff back in India
    also might mean more shifts next week too, avoiding weekends since am home alone and still can't drive (have no car here either)