This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The what pisses you off thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Crozzy, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

probably more OSI and similar projects

2. Spikes Red

Spikes Red Member

Apparently, he likes working with arseraped seventimes.........has more fun with them........what a waste.

3. Zen

Zen Vows In Ashes...

Don't think Mike's involved in OSI anymore, which is why Gavin Harrison (Porcupine Tree) drummed on the last album. Transatlantic though, and I'm hoping after he takes a break he finally manages to get something together with Steve Wilson and Mike Akerfeldt. As Mike put it, he's been about Dream Theater basically non stop for 25 years, I can understand why the dude is burned out!

4. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

As someone who spent 16 years in Dungeon (and I guess as an extension just over 4 years in LORD which is more or less Dungeon anyway), I know how he feels, especially when you're the guy directing a lot of the production work, etc. It's easy to be a great musician in a great band, but when you add in the pressure of not ever switching off from it because you're involved in production, media relations, promotion, art, etc. then you run into a big disparity of expectations. Someone who just plays guitar (or whatever) who does their job well will want to move on and can't quite grasp that aside from doing your own job, you're also doing the work of at least one or two other people on top of that. Very tough, and I can see both parties points of view in this.

I can't say I'm a DT fan or a fan of even prog in general particularly much, but this is pretty sad news just purely because of their stature and the influence they have. I'm sure they'll have no problem getting another amazing musician, so hopefully the chemistry will also still work and they can keep on at it.

5. Calco

Calco Member

..Little bit uncalled for.

Im assuming he probably will continue with Sevenfold considering they have been using him on tour, and haven't announced anyone to take over full time yet.

6. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

* junkies.

I don't mind what they do to themselves in their own time but when they're on public transport why don't they shut the fuck up or speak less obtrusively.

I don't want to hear macho stories from some weiner prattling on how he's going to throw a brick through someone's window.

or

yesterday, some woman's plans about how she's going to do TAFE to get into uni to do social work to help people with 'her problems', she was also trying to convince her boyfriend into going to TAFE with her - while he was on the nod.

BORING!!!!

FFS help yourself first and get off the gear!

s

7. Robotman

Robotman Gun Kata

Half the people I did Psych with at uni were there to help themselves (in the guise of being able to help others). Answers for everybody else except themselves. :(

8. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

Oh yeah, it's a well-known fact on university campuses across the country that most psych students are whackos.

9. Mean Bitch

Mean Bitch and her name was...

I did social work at TAFE in 08 and its so true more then half my class was there to either keep their centerlink payments, or to help themself by helping others... only about 5 of us finished it.
    You cant help others if your fucked up yourself! and doing Social work isnt going to get you 'fixed' either...

10. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

Nothing... holy shit, I never thought I'd say that :)

11. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

I never thought you would either. :)

12. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

Johnsons 'Baby' sorbolene with 10% glycerine - 500ml = $4.89

Redwins sorbolene with 10% plant derived glycerine and probably a better product - 1 litre = $6.80

Throw the word 'baby' in front of any product and it's fine to jack up the price.

Also, order an anniversary cake and pay a certain amount, order a wedding cake and they give you the exact same cake for three times the price.

How is it the appropriate authority allows people to be robbed like this?

s

13. Robotman

Robotman Gun Kata

I'm pretty sure this is determined by our capitalistic system. Unfortunate, yes, but no authority will be doing anything about it.

Bake your own. :) ;)

14. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

A recent Choice magazine issue had an article on weddings and found that places did often (but not always) jack prices up when weddings were involved. Venue hire, cars, photography, cakes etc etc.

15. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

A friend of mine hired a venue for his wedding that allowed you to do all decorations.... so he just told them it was a "birthday dinner" and got all the wedding related stuff elsewhere. Apparently when people started showing up, the staff quickly realised it was a wedding and the owner of the joint was furious. Found out later that the "wedding package" was almost twice as expensive for not alot of extra features

16. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

Yeah, you're right, it's all about what you can get away with.

I recall speaking to a spare parts salesman, he says it's rife in the automotive industry.

When you blow your airbags you have to replace some module behind the seat. A company makes these for both Commodore & Mercedes Benz. They make the exact same product with two model numbers in two different locations on it.

If you buy it from a Holden dealer you pay $250, from a Merc dealer $450 - for the exact same thing.

There's an interior light lens that has 3 part numbers, one for Ford, Holden and Mitsubishi. Three different prices for the same thing.

s

17. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

My insurance on the Fairmont costs $30 a month more than it does for the same year model Fairlane, even though they are essentially the same car with a slightly different body shape and wheelbase.

18. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

I'm annoyed by the way any vaguely alternative-type girl now calls herself bisexual. And they will bang on and on about it, and get all uppity if someone dares comment on how they like girls. Which happens a fair bit because they like to put on their little shows. And yet they all have boyfriends. Kissing a girl does not make you interesting, except in a completely superficial way! I've known a couple of girls who I consider really bisexual, they don't wear it like a hairstyle, they are often confused and uncertain (no reason why you have to be, though). Also, I have it on very good authority that this trendy bisexualism makes life very hard for real, actual lesbians who would like to find a soul mate but instead can only find daytrippers.

God, if you want to be interesting, get a damn personality instead.

19. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

That would've been awesome to witness. :lol:

He had nothing to be furious about, he didn't include the little extras so f*ck him.

Yeah insurance companies piss me off. I was insured with one company and their rates jumped quite a bit. I asked what was going on, they accidently had me insured for Burwood in Melbourne instead of Sydney and it's cheaper to garage your car there.

A brick garage is as secure here as it is there you f*cks. I lived in Burwood but I'd never park there. I only drive if I have to go somewhere far, where the public transport is poor or if I have to deliver something to cumbersome to carry on train/bus.

I swapped over to LSV who have a policy for those with 'special' cars, I only drive on weekends so I'm under a low mileage plan, very cheap in comparison to a daily driver. They also know enthusiasts are well aware of thieves, less likely to leave their cars vulnerable and care about them enough not to drive recklessly - in most cases.

s

20. w0es

w0es or gtfo

I'm bored of facebook, I'm bored of MySpace, last.fm and twitter.But I'm not bored of UM (yet)