This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The what pisses you off thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Crozzy, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

I got called for jury duty again... and I can't find the damn letter! I know it's sometime in the next week but I have no idea when

2. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

Yeah.

Either John Cleese or Billy Connolly said you get to a certain age then realise the people running the country are no smarter than yourself.

The labor candidate in my area is a good one so I voted labor/greens but damn, there were some stupid people in labor that made stupid decisions, probably best to get rid of them and inject new blood.

s

3. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

The Liberals are going to be worse. Much, much worse.

4. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

Australian. Government. Incompetent. That's both sides, all levels and it's been that way for decades. Biggest problem we have right now is that minorities are required to pass legislation so the whole point of democracy- representing the will of the majority of the people- is broken. When a government persists with obviously flawed policy or attempts to deploy infrastructure on a scale never before seen in this country under such conditions I personally can't see a positive outcome is possible.

The whole issue of the carbon tax is a massive red herring. We KNOW that it won't make a jot of difference to "climate change". Not anywhere near as much difference as a decent government funded baseload energy policy would. But the present government has elected to take this route because enacting a tax is far easier and still gives the impression they are actually doing something. But really, all they are doing is creating a money-go-round which they and others can skim from. The ETS will be worse.

Climate change is another red herring. It's the shiny bauble in the magician's right hand that distracts you from the dove hidden up his left sleeve. The root cause of the problem is population. Wait until you see the result of a 50% increase in global population over the next 20 years. The primary cause of recent unrest across the middle east and north africa started with poor people protesting against rising food prices, so already the issue is toppling governments. Desperate people with no food and water make a formidable force. In the face of this kind of population event there is nothing Australia will be able to do to mitigate any gas short of the complete shutdown mining any energy source except uranium. Even then countries like China and the US have vast fossil reserves of their own and the Saudis are hardly going to stop shipping oil. Our future in that respect is already in the hands of others. Leading by example won't make any difference. Of course fixing the population problem is definitely in the too hard basket. Not to worry- there is a sure fire way that humans have for correcting excess population.

/rant

5. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

I'm not sure a war will cull the population sufficiently, it hasn't in the past to any great effect. Genocide has but in small pockets only.

If you were to speculate, who can you see going to war with China and India and for what reasons?

s

6. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

They'll go to war with each other over resources after China has fought Russia over water supplies.

7. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

Shadow has it. They are the ones falling short of resources with tens of millions in hungry cannon fodder at their disposal. Their populations will demand that something be done. What alternative but to take from your neighbours? China has a massive groundwater depletion problem causing rapid desertification of croplands in the west- due to the millions of bores that have been drilled for irrigation. Tens of km a year are becoming unviable for any crops. India's population will soon overwhelm China's- no one child policy.

I'd also suggest that we've got a lot better tools for depopulating than we used in previous wars, and unlike recent "wars" it will be occupation rather than "peacekeeping" then piss off home.

8. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

I heard China got rid of their one child policy. Due to their economy growing so rapidly they said stuff it, we now need more people to work in our factories.

s

9. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

But while it existed it created a mindset which is still in existance in China today and could potentially take decades to fully erode - if ever.

10. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

Hipsters. Man bags FFS!

#17330 cro4eva, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  11. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Haha gold!

12. Falkor

Falkor J.B.C.M

13. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

very TISM-esque that song. :headbang:

14. Winmar

The world needs TISM to return.

Haha that link made me laugh. Hipster trap!

15. chrisvp

chrisvp Member

I Might Be A Cunt, But I'm Not A Fucking Cunt in my opinion is one of the funniest song titles ever, TISM were great at taking to piss :)

16. Winmar

Yes, that one's my favourite!

17. Mean Bitch

Mean Bitch and her name was...

First day back at a workplace I dont particualy like after having 5 weeks holidays in the USA and Canada... :(

18. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

The Hague, what a joke. Fuckin' cunts.

19. Winmar

What's the go with The Hague? I went there once.

20. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

Sent Ante Gotovina the Lieutenant General of the Croatia army in '91 for 24 years for war crimes. Defending yourself is a warcrime, yet Bush kills millions and it's all fine.