This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The what pisses you off thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Crozzy, Jan 23, 2006.

1. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

If your doctor is good looking, can you elect for the finger prostate test??

:heh:

2. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

Even if she was, with my luck she'd go call over the doctor they all know as 'Bubba'.

s

3. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

That's the guy with thick, hairy fingers right?

4. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

Not true. There's several different types of diabeeetus, some of which are weight-related, some of which aren't.

5. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

Also, sugar intake has no effect at all on your chances of getting diabetes. Unless it makes you really fat of course.

6. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

One thing that pisses me off, in a moderate kind of way, is people (that's people, plural, not just one freak) on Facebook who are going through something unpleasant, so they post weeks and weeks of vague hints designed to get people to go "aw what's wrong hun?", which they will then not answer. Facebook is good because it lets you keep in touch with friends and relatives who are close enough for you to care about, but not close enough for you to ring them regularly. You get to keep up with their lives. So in that spirit, if something's making you depressed, either state outright that you're feeling like crap and why, or shut up about it and keep it personal. Don't write open letters to unnamed people (that I almost certainly have never met anyway) admonishing them for an unnamed slight. Don't post single sentences that were apparently taken from a 13 year old's poem about sadness. And don't quote sad bits from movies and songs. Especially if you're over 20, show some decorum. If I know what the problem is, maybe I can help. If I don't know what the problem is, it's probably none of my business, so stop publicly referring obliquely to it for weeks on end! Seriously, if you're that starved for attention and don't care about the quality of attention you get, post a video clip of yourself playing with a dildo or something and be done with it. And by the way, if you are up to searching the net for the perfect photo of a beautiful eye with tears coming out of it, and then replacing your user picture with said photo, then you're probably not as depressed as all that.

Everyone is in pain sometimes, venting helps, but you don't always want to advertise your problem. Fine. My statute of limitations on this nonsense goes for three days. Any longer than that, and you need to open up or get the fuck off the internet and get some proper support.

7. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

I actually have two different adult women who have at times had two different pictures of beautiful crying eyes as their Facebook pic. And I don't just add anyone, I keep my friends list small and personal. It's embarrassing.

8. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

I hear ya on all the above and it's not only women.

So annoying.

s

9. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Amen! So fucking annoying. Then when someone asks "what's up hun?" they respond with "I'll message you". If they're not willing to say what's up (preferably in the first place), then they shouldn't hint at it.

10. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

Yes of course, type 1 and type 2.

Type 2 generally acquired later in life by those with a genetic predisposition and can be brought on by excessive yo-yo-ing of sugar in the diet.

Attention whores.

s

11. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

Fuck me sideways... sure you don't know my oldest sister? That's pretty much a perfect description of the shit she puts on facebook every single friggin' day!

12. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

& hyperglycaemic/hypoglycaemic

13. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

It'd be funny if it turned out it was your sister on my Facebook list (pretty unlikely though, I"d have met you by now).

14. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

Give the me the first names of the offenders :)

15. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

people demanding/begging that I do favours for them without offering any compensation in return.

and packages not turning up when they are well past due.

16. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Not realising the goals I set myself in my twenties. Lame and disappointing.

17. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

Relax man, they were goals, not checkpoints.

18. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

Are they something you’ll achieve eventually?

Was the journey worth it?

I hear ya though, although I’m proud to have achieved some things thus far, there are just some things I’ll never be able to go back and do.

s

19. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

To add to this, just recently I’ve started throwing out all my university assignments, have even sold some old textbooks on fleabay …. for $0.99c

Looking through my notes as I was throwing them out to put in the recycle bin and reliving all that hard work, sweat & tears, the misery of exam times, etc. … and realising all that effort was never to be put to any good use after graduation.

s

20. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

The main thing you should get out of university is to learn how to teach yourself stuff that is difficult. IMHO.