This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The what pisses you off thread

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Crozzy, Jan 23, 2006.

1. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

Yes, fatty liver from a blood test, but he wants me to have an ultrasound as well to be sure.

Don't take what I say as gospel- I'm not a doctor and there is plenty of misinformation on the internet. Fruthermore I've only just got this and I'm still learning. Let me try and describe the whole afternoon nap thing better. I'd sleep quite a bit, and things like get up in the morning, eat breakfast then practically be asleep on the train to work and on the train home. It seems as if when there was nothing for me to focus my attention on, I'd just start feeling like sleeping. Anytime I found myself sitting passively (TV for instance) I'd soon feel like sleeping.

Everyone is different. One of the ladies at work said that when her blood sugar is high (she's a type 1) she starts to get cranky and will snap at people over stupid little things that wouldn't normally bother her.

Diabetes definitely affects your circulation. Best defense is to keep moving, the more you move the better your blood circulation etc. I'm guessing that after I've had it 20 years or so then I will likely have some of these problems, but because I don't drink or smoke I'm well ahead of many people who get this problem.

In my case an "attack" meant the first thing I really noticed was drinking a lot. I had recently cut out all soft drink though so I thought it was just my body going "oi- need more of that liquid sugar matey". I knew it was one of the signs of diabetes but the penny hadn't dropped yet. Then about 1-2 weeks later - my birthday, I had a fair bit of sugary stuff and noticed that evening that my long distance vision was terrible. Couldn't read foot high letters beyond about 10m distance. The next day I went to the doctor and got some tests, then went to work, felt very tired, like trying to do things from down a long dark tunnel or stuck in quicksand. The morning he finally gave me medication I was bone tired. I had my tablet at about 11am I guess. At 12 noon I slept until about 3pm- by then I was feeling much better. By 5pm I was almost manic, I'm guessing because it had been so long since my cells any real energy. I remember feeling that way a long time ago- so excited that your muscles tingle, almost ache with the need to do something.

The doctor called diabetes "drowning in the desert" or something like that, because you are literally swimming with energy (glucose) but your cells can't use any of it.

You need to get within a particular range of blood sugar for everything to work properly and there are several things you can do to improve your cells insulin sensitivity. Eventually I may not need medication at all, which for the moment is the main goal. I don't want to be going back to the health system- there are plenty of people with more deserving problems than mine.

2. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

I was going through something like that, I thought it was just boredom. I'd have breakfast on weekends and soon after go back to bed. Also going to sleep not long after coming back from work, I was getting in 12 hour sleeps regularly.

I'm better now though.

Sounds like a woman I know, lol. So quick to fire up, there's a new phenomenon around affecting women - Intermittent explosive disorder (IED)

Best of luck with that. I've dropped a bit of weight since looking at my sugar intake, analysing what I eat and anything with more than 10% sugar I try to avoid, of course I have my binges but when I do it's real confectionery not confectionery disguised as food.

s

3. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

By the way, my bloods are all good. Which was what I expected, but it's nice to have it verified. Next milestone is at 45 when I get a finger up my bum.

4. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

The finger test has been superseded with a blood test and you should've had your PSA analysed when you had your blood test.

All those ages have been pushed forward by about 10 years, it used to be 50 for bowel cancer testing, it's now 40, same with the PSA test.

s

5. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

Hmm, not sure, maybe that was tested then, assuming my GP knows what she's doing. I asked for the works. I was talking about my prostate with the finger thing.

6. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

Yeah I know, the PSA is a test for a Prostate-Specific Antigen.

s

7. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

If your doctor is good looking, can you elect for the finger prostate test??

:heh:

8. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

Even if she was, with my luck she'd go call over the doctor they all know as 'Bubba'.

s

9. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

That's the guy with thick, hairy fingers right?

10. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

Not true. There's several different types of diabeeetus, some of which are weight-related, some of which aren't.

11. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

Also, sugar intake has no effect at all on your chances of getting diabetes. Unless it makes you really fat of course.

12. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

One thing that pisses me off, in a moderate kind of way, is people (that's people, plural, not just one freak) on Facebook who are going through something unpleasant, so they post weeks and weeks of vague hints designed to get people to go "aw what's wrong hun?", which they will then not answer. Facebook is good because it lets you keep in touch with friends and relatives who are close enough for you to care about, but not close enough for you to ring them regularly. You get to keep up with their lives. So in that spirit, if something's making you depressed, either state outright that you're feeling like crap and why, or shut up about it and keep it personal. Don't write open letters to unnamed people (that I almost certainly have never met anyway) admonishing them for an unnamed slight. Don't post single sentences that were apparently taken from a 13 year old's poem about sadness. And don't quote sad bits from movies and songs. Especially if you're over 20, show some decorum. If I know what the problem is, maybe I can help. If I don't know what the problem is, it's probably none of my business, so stop publicly referring obliquely to it for weeks on end! Seriously, if you're that starved for attention and don't care about the quality of attention you get, post a video clip of yourself playing with a dildo or something and be done with it. And by the way, if you are up to searching the net for the perfect photo of a beautiful eye with tears coming out of it, and then replacing your user picture with said photo, then you're probably not as depressed as all that.

Everyone is in pain sometimes, venting helps, but you don't always want to advertise your problem. Fine. My statute of limitations on this nonsense goes for three days. Any longer than that, and you need to open up or get the fuck off the internet and get some proper support.

13. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

I actually have two different adult women who have at times had two different pictures of beautiful crying eyes as their Facebook pic. And I don't just add anyone, I keep my friends list small and personal. It's embarrassing.

14. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

I hear ya on all the above and it's not only women.

So annoying.

s

15. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Amen! So fucking annoying. Then when someone asks "what's up hun?" they respond with "I'll message you". If they're not willing to say what's up (preferably in the first place), then they shouldn't hint at it.

16. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

Yes of course, type 1 and type 2.

Type 2 generally acquired later in life by those with a genetic predisposition and can be brought on by excessive yo-yo-ing of sugar in the diet.

Attention whores.

s

17. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

Fuck me sideways... sure you don't know my oldest sister? That's pretty much a perfect description of the shit she puts on facebook every single friggin' day!

18. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

& hyperglycaemic/hypoglycaemic

19. Si

Si The Trickster's Bitch

It'd be funny if it turned out it was your sister on my Facebook list (pretty unlikely though, I"d have met you by now).

20. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

Give the me the first names of the offenders :)