This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The what's going on in Thrash thread

Discussion in 'Testament' started by one man, Oct 2, 2012.

1. redfly

redfly Ruled By The Riff

Yeah man Mustaine has played this all fucking wrong.

I love the dbags who are saying it had to happen (the firing) could you imagine someone at show doing the jerk off gesture?! He had to be fired!
    Mustaine can't take that!
    First of all, are they fucking 12 years old? Who is gonna go to a concert to see a good a band and do that? I mean there's always gonna be some asshole that does something and maybe he does that. But it's not going to be some mass gesture for god's sake. Grow a thicker skin and ignore it like anything else some jerk may do.
    Be a fucking man about it.

Neptune and Slammed like this.
  2. redfly

redfly Ruled By The Riff

I agree, but I would add that if the pandemic was slowing work down it didn't show that much. How many quarantine vids did he do? He reworked a lot of those songs to be heavier and just getting all those different people together. That could have been album working time.

3. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

It's funny, in the city during peak hour they have 15 min road reports on the radio stations, in the country we can't even get a website updated during an extreme flood event :)

Most of the roads were open on the way to school, there is some major damage, plenty of trees down, rubbish everywhere farmers fences draped in grass and tree bits, but the waters are going down. They are suggesting tonights rain could make it hard for some already cut off but it's not likely. Plenty of school buses not running and the kids are at school but we still managed to do the weekly shopping.

Neptune likes this.
  4. redfly

redfly Ruled By The Riff

I think these are different circumstances. This is Jn'r replacement. To me. It needs to be good and permanent. I'm sick of musical chairs. With an album almost done, at least it was. They need to solidify this position. Not have someone come in for a few shows and half ass it.
    Neither Jimmy nor Sean were Megadeth material.

5. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

Mustaine playing it wrong to me adds to the idea that he wanted Jnr gone for some other reason. He's weathered much better media storms than this and come out on top. Right now he's looking very weak and like he doesn't understand the media.

Dave's going to spend each and every show watching out for people doing jerk off motions in the audience so he can have them kicked out and not bring the band into disrepute :)

Neptune and redfly like this.
  6. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

Or he could have just let Bobby write some songs and see where it ended...maybe they could have had two albums by now :)

TempleOfBlood, Neptune and redfly like this.
  7. redfly

redfly Ruled By The Riff

Uh. Actually no. But I'm really digging Brace For Impact and Seven Seconds Til The End Of The World. I told Michael one problem I'm having is remembering the songs separately. Because even though they all have their own sound the album flows together so well that it's tough for me lol.

8. redfly

redfly Ruled By The Riff

Yeah he is unusually quiet about the whole thing. Like he's actually concerned his mouth may bury him this time.
    Maybe he can hire Jnr for concert security?

9. redfly

redfly Ruled By The Riff

That would have been the cool way to go for sure. Bobby can be pretty prolific.

10. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

Maybe Jnr wasn't always playing singles :)

No disrespect to Jnr but I'm not sure he'd make a good security dude, he's not the toughest looking bloke.

redfly and Neptune like this.
  11. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

Realistically he (Sean) could have done just about anything better than what he's already done.

redfly and Neptune like this.
  12. redfly

redfly Ruled By The Riff

No. But he can make his own Holy Water! ... no jokes!

Slammed likes this.
  13. redfly

redfly Ruled By The Riff

Wait. Are we talking about Sean? I thought we were talking about Phil lol. Now I have no idea. :p

Slammed likes this.
  14. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

I did security out the front of all age gigs for a little while, I don't remember Holy Water being in the security kit :p

I think Jnr could actually be a fortune teller, the band he released an album with in 2010 (Angels of Babylon) started the album with a song called Conspiracy Theory, then track 3 was Tear Out My Heart, track 4 was Look How The Mighty Have Fallen, and the last song is Second Coming....maybe we haven't heard the end of this story yet :)

redfly likes this.
  15. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

Sorry I meant Phil.

redfly likes this.
  16. TempleOfBlood

TempleOfBlood Member

Keep in mind that most metal fans don't even know the names of the people in the band and only know the old hits.

Hardcore thrashers are a minority of the people who consume thrash metal or would go see Megadeth live. We will not be happy with who Dave choses as a replacement. Were any of us clamoring for him to get Al Pitrelli in the band or the bassist from White Lion?

Shawn's drumming wasn't my favorite, but he did co-write "Headcrusher" which is easily one of the best thrash songs of the last 20 years.

Jimmy was far better than I expected, and he sounded great on that live DVD they did. He was in Suicidal Tendencies.

redfly likes this.
  17. TempleOfBlood

TempleOfBlood Member

He probably did get his name out there a lot with those videos.

I'll tell you what I think was a huge waste of time, that BPMD album. That seemed to be a colossal dud. Turns out that no one wants to hear Blitz sing 70s rock songs. Or maybe anyone sing them?

Slammed and redfly like this.
  18. redfly

redfly Ruled By The Riff

Yeah that BPMD songs were not very good in my opinion. I just don't like when Blitz combines his gutter voice with vibrato. I do like them both separately though. It didn't help that I don't really care for a lot of those songs to begin with.

Slammed likes this.
  19. redfly

redfly Ruled By The Riff

Lol. Ouch!

Slammed likes this.
  20. redfly

redfly Ruled By The Riff

Well I have no idea who you mean by "most metal fans" and why would Dave or anyone care what the casual listener thinks? I'm talking about real fans not fly by night cherry pickers. He should only care about the actual fans that buy albums and follow the band. That's what bands work toward. An actual fanbase.

Al and White Lion guy only solidifies my point. Dave just grabbed guys. He wasn't careful.
    I know very well who Jimmy is. He was competent. But nothing about the drums on that album did shit for me.

* Headcrusher was one of MEGADETH'S best thrash songs in 20 years*. Fixed it. JK;)

Slammed likes this.