This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Whining and Bitching Thread

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by waif, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

Given no state here could actually afford to do pay such a bill in a lump sum it would have to be some form of payment system. Besides there isn't a group of people in the world no matter what race or creed who couldn't be guaranteed to take a lump sum like that and piss it up against a wall only to blame the government for ruining them when the money was all gone.

CiG likes this.
  2. CiG

CiG R.I.P. David Gulpilil

I think that payment would be a straight up disaster for Nyoongas, and race relations would be in the toilet quick.

3. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

I reckon the same could be said giving that much too any single group.
    Still as the saying goes, shoot for the moon, end up in the stars.

4. zabu of nΩd

zabu of nΩd Free Insultation

I had to google Maori people. This is the featured image on their Wikipedia page, lol

Haka_performed_during_US_Defense_Secretary's_visit_to_New_Zealand_(1).jpg
    Few weeks ago I had an unexplained muscle twitch around one of my elbows all day long for 2-3 days. Kinda freaked me out, but fortunately it went away. Ear twitch sounds way more annoying.

#16024 zabu of nΩd, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    CiG and Onder like this.
  5. CiG

In my experience Maoris are super nice and chill, one of my best buddies growing up was a Maori dude (he eventually moved back though) but those bastards are built for combat, much like Samoans. Just check this wedding out:

I was advised to take some regular muscle relaxant but it went away on its own, it felt like when your ears need to pop or when you get some water inside your ear. Can't imagine how weird that sensation would be in the elbow lmao that would be super annoying.

6. zabu of nΩd

:lol:

Yeah, it was kind of a nervous feeling, as if I'd just binged a really fast-paced video game and my muscles were trembling with fatigue. It was especially noticeable while using the computer mouse, and made using the mouse kinda awkward.

CiG likes this.
  7. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

Then check this wedding out:

8. CiG

Fuuucking hell, I was feeling embarrassed just watching that shit. :lol:

TechnicalBarbarity likes this.
  9. TechnicalBarbarity

TechnicalBarbarity -TheNightsBane-

what the fuck, this cant be real. Someone tell me this the Australian version of Trailer Park Boys or another one of those Ozzie comedy skits.

10. CiG

That's N.Z. shit but honestly it's not far off from something I'd expect here.

11. EternalMetal

EternalMetal Active Member

Had a shitty day at work today. Went in on Monday hungover from the weekend to be welcomed by 4 additional people with clipboards. I work at a lab as a medical technologist doing high complexity testing and the vendors wanted to do an evaluation of our procedure. So here they are, watching me do my job all fucking day. Apparently they had stopwatches and shit to evaluate everything, and even said by their calculations it took 8 seconds for the machine to process and populate the lab test - among other stupid things that im sure they recorded in maniacal detail. Along with being hungover, Monday is the busiest day of the week, and one of 3 co-workers on the bench calls out, so it is just two of us (so it would have been a shitty day even without people staring at me all fucking day). And now it turns out they are also observing us tomorrow. And by observing, I mean carefully watching and staring at us all day while we work trying their best to come up with ways we can do our jobs more efficiently. Really not looking forward to another day of this shit.

12. Onder

Onder Gegen unendlich

Labwork can be pretty fucking frustrating when the result is something unprecedented so you don't know what the fuck went wrong or what the fuck any of that means. Complete randomness today.

[​IMG]

13. Blurry_Dreams

Blurry_Dreams Active Member

my shoulders ache from being a pack-mule for the other homeless people
    Joker ran off with my Super Nintendo hoodie
    and i'm gonna have to walk all the way back to my sleeping spot to go get scissors to cut the hair of the girl whose name i can't remember

14. Blurry_Dreams

Blurry_Dreams Active Member

what the fuck's up with the weird-ass facial expressions on their faces ROFLMFAO

15. zabu of nΩd

Finally made up my mind to talk to my boss soon and ask for part-time hours. Don't care if they fire me. I'm overdue for a change. It's partly that I'm still working my ass off on the novel (45k words now), which makes it feel like I have two jobs, but I'm also kinda having a midlife crisis.

On the upside, I might be spending a lot more time on UM soon ;)

Slammed likes this.
  16. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

Yeah tell the boss to shove it up his arse and finish the book. :) My latest is up to 48K but I have a lot more ability to ignore the work I should be doing than most people.

zabu of nΩd likes this.
  17. zabu of nΩd

Latest? How many have you written, and what sort of books?

Yeah, I've been tempted to switch to something like paramedic or security so I could fuck off writing for large parts of the shift, but I doubt that would actually happen. I need to be inspired to write, and environment is key to my inspiration.

Slammed likes this.
  18. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

I've written 5 horror/thriller novels and a YA that's three parts.

I started writing when I got injured at work and the prick of a boss insisted that 'light duties' to help me get back quicker into my role as a truck driver was to do his office work. Prick even made me work my usual night shift hours. So instead of doing his shit I spent 4 months killing the fucker off in a novel.

Once I find inspiration time is my problem. I get caught up doing the wrong things then at the end of the week I realise I have a back log of work and only ideas not actual writing.

19. zabu of nΩd

:lol:

You talking about procrastinating instead of writing, or like brainstormy writing that's of no use in the book?

Over time I've become more aware of the spectrum of what my writing sessions can produce, from an incoherent jumble of ideas to a great scene that immediately moves the book along. I have a huge file dedicated to brainstorms and poorly-written scenes. I try to keep it organized by subject, in hopes that eventually enough crap on one subject gloms together into something better, like combining gems in Diablo haha

20. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

Na I procrastinate very little when it comes to writing. I procrastinate when it comes to work quite a bit (downside of working from home and why I used to regularly take truck driving jobs). I used to do brainstormy writes that weren't related to any particular story, just scenes, or ideas that seemed good at the time but didn't have the substance for a full story but these days I don't tend to do it as much. I used to fill my time writing a few different blogs, from general fiction to horror to erotic fiction, and I used that for brainstormy type ideas because I could get away with anything from 1000 words to 20,000 words and not worry about editing, spelling or that type of thing. But in the end I gave up that put a little more effort back into work and decided to only play with ideas that seem like they can go full length

I've still got a bunch of files on my server like that which I hope I named well because I'm sure to have forgotten what half of them are by now. These days though when I sit down to write I tend to just let it flow. I might put an idea I had ages ago into a story but I usually re-write it, or I just write and hope for the best. There has been days where I put down 8000 words, then I've re-read what I typed and deleted half of it.