This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Whining and Bitching Thread

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by waif, Apr 25, 2008.

1. no country for old wainds

stuff that happened in the last 24 hours:
    - my external hard drive containing 1TB of movies died
    - front left coil spring snapped on my car
    - dropped a bottle of wine
    - broke a shopping trolley
    - set out without my wallet and had to turn back after 5 mins
    - pc bluescreened and/or failed to boot multiple times and now the sound isn't working and all kinds of weird shit keeps happening
    - had a bad stomach

can i wake up now please

2. Dak

Dak mentat

3. MasterpieceMesias

MasterpieceMesias Professional Asshole

Goddamn. And I thought I was having a bad time.

Hope your week goes better

4. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

I've got a CD in my laptop that stopped working 6 months ago, the only time I remember it's not working is when I go to use it!

No worries, if you get stuck with something shout out.

5. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

You need to find the reset button.

6. EternalMetal

EternalMetal Active Member

I was just recently forced out of my vitamin D testing bench at work because of low volume and now have to work full time testing for covid-19. Meanwhile the idiot they left in charge of the vitamin D machines has less than 3 weeks of training and is a god damn moron, and im almost certain im going to come back to poorly maintained machines and a big mess to clean up. I was almost hoping to get furloughed so that I could join the mass social distancing holiday, but since I am too scared to lose my job im not gonna let that happen.

7. no country for old wainds

haven’t your bosses heard that old saying? never leave a moron in charge of the vitamin d machines.

8. EternalMetal

EternalMetal Active Member

Well im not sure my boss fully realizes that the guy he assigned to the bench doesn't know how to do proper maintenance on the machines nor how to properly assess standard deviation in the results, or how to document new lot numbers, etc. I trained him on all of this, but I honestly just think he is stupid cause he doesn't know it. Believe it or not, but vitamin D testing is really profitable and is actually the most important test in our department, so I expect to see a fuss over this. I don't really care for the guy so im actually going to laugh if he gets fired over this, but I doubt that will happen.

9. Satanstoenail

Satanstoenail My Larpstyle determines my Derpstyle

Update: Finally received the new element today, took a while but ended up being $31 delivered. Took 2 minutes to install. Works a treat.
    49AC5C84-BC09-43B3-9B4C-36E01E72185F.jpeg
    Pizza time!

zabu of nΩd and Slammed like this.
  10. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

Fuck I really lucked out with the first oven here then. Not only would it have cost me a lot more to fix it certainly wouldn't have taken 2 minutes to fix. I'd have had to remove all four sides and the back then remove about eight guides which held the elements in, then taken the elements out and replaced them. I'd have also had to panel beat the shell because I'm pretty sure the prick of a builder who built this place got factory seconds for the kitchen and heater and we didn't find out until they broke and we had to replace them.

11. Satanstoenail

Satanstoenail My Larpstyle determines my Derpstyle

Yeah there’s no way I would’ve done it if it was that involved. Sometimes having old crap pays off.

12. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

Sometimes having builders that aren't dodgy cunts looking for every way to rip of their clients pays off too. :) Thankfully our builder lost his contract with the national company he was building for not long after he built this place.

Satanstoenail likes this.
  13. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

Couple of days ago my PS4 basically kicked the bucket, need to get it looked at, and today my Logitech G602 wireless mouse revealed that it might be on its last legs too. :erk:

14. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

Fucking Logitech shit me. I spent about 10 years as an authorised service agent, they sold (mostly) good products and I got barely any warranty claims. But after about 2013 I stopped selling anything Logitech because their support was shit and their product quality dropped, especially their wireless keyboards, mice and trackballs.

15. TechnicalBarbarity

TechnicalBarbarity -TheNightsBane-

what happened? Is it loading up and not reading the disc? Is their a weird noise coming from the disc drive?

16. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

Yeah, I got a Logitech mouse where the shitty copper tension spring in the click mechanism went fucked very quickly. I opened it up and got it usable again, but very fiddly to do. Later replaced it with a cheap Microsoft mouse, which seems to have had the scroll wheel partially disintegrate in the summer heat, but it still works fine. Meanwhile my Logitech keyboard from 2003 is still going strong.

17. Slammed

Slammed Active Member

Logitech and Cannon seemed to both share dodgy wifi units between about 2008 and 2015. It was far from all units but there was a heap of them that would work one day then stop working the next, only to come back the day after. But the main faults I found with Logitech in the years before I stopped selling them was circuitry, cold joints, bad joints, shit soldering in general, bad connectors. I've still got a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse from about the same year (2003) and they are working but pretty much everything else Logitech I've had is gone, even the surround speakers I've got have never worked like they should, but I'm too lazy to change them. For basic systems I can't really fault the cheap as fuck Microsoft wired keyboards, I pay $3 each for them and they seem to go forever.

18. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

It's something I've never seen before. I turn it on, it acts like it needs to do a system check similar to if it's not turned off properly, it loads and then goes to an error message that leaves you no option other than to cancel the process and it shuts itself back down. Way beyond my knowledge lmfao.

19. TechnicalBarbarity

TechnicalBarbarity -TheNightsBane-

hmmm havent heard of that one before either. What's the error code/number?

20. CiG

CiG So Long Suckers!

Not sure, don't want to turn it on and have it go through the process too many times. Not even sure I remember seeing a number in the message. Legit like nothing I've ever seen before.