This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The Whole Kim vs Kelli issue

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by tragician, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Sinthoras_96

Sinthoras_96 Member

So she's seriously not gonna accept Alexis will.... Wow. And even if it might be true that it isn't his fully fleshed out last will, who is she to guess what that would have been?

As I said before, giving everything to the parents is the best solution and I'm happy that Alexi has written that down.

COB-666, Namc, VenusAversa and 2 others like this.
  2. Faffy

Faffy Member

Unfortunately the literal translation is a bit ambiguous given it has two very different meanings. If she's disputing her perceived entitlement she's confirmed unilaterally that the will is valid but not to the level of benefit or acknowledgement she wants from it.

Whether it's final (being the last known testament he's made in his lifetime with no amendments or codicil) is another matter entirely but easy to dismiss, given there's no public record of wills made in Finland there's no way for her to access any documentation other than what's been already shared between their respective lawyers undertaking probate.

The fact that she's legally able to do what she's doing, whatever her reasons doesn't make her look any better. Thankfully this time the story was straight to the press instead of being thrown all over the internet first for more defamatory reaction as has happened from all sides previously.

#222 Faffy, Mar 9, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  3. LilacEstelar

LilacEstelar New Metal Member

Based on what Anna said in her interview, there is a will (the newspaper confirmed having seen it) and Kimberly was notified of its existence but has refused to accept the will by signing this notification, therefore preventing the will from being officially declared as valid and executed. If this is the case, Kim would have 6 months to take the matter to court. If she does not, the will becomes legally valid when 6 months have passed of the notification date.

4. Faffy

Faffy Member

I understand completely, but getting into the semantics on legal terminology with the translation having conflicting meaning: She's not denied that a legally valid will has been made and that it exists, but is simply refusing to sign to acknowledge it which would mean she must accept her lack of a bequest within for her to inherit from it.

This would force her to accept the flat payout from the estate entitled to her as being the legal spouse only and give her no recourse to challenge for further gain.

Wonder if she'll be bold enough to flesh it out for the next six months without resolution as punishment if her lawyers aren't able to grasp onto anything else.

#224 Faffy, Mar 9, 2021
    VenusAversa likes this.
  5. kilimanjaro

kilimanjaro Metal

I'm really disappointed in the interview, was hoping for some hard evidence rather than just the same old story. I wish we knew who these 'close friends' were.

Faffy and VenusAversa like this.
  6. spirit crusher

Where I live there is a precedent that if a dependent party (legal spouse, children, etc.) is excluded from a will, that party will have a support claim against the estate notwithstanding the terms of the will. I can only assume that Finland likely has a similar concept, if that is the case Goss' actions are likely entirely within the realm of legality, morality notwithstanding.

Just some food for thought as to what may constitute a "legally valid" will.

Not here to support one party or the other and this is certainly not legal advice.

7. kilimanjaro

kilimanjaro Metal

So I have been thinking about the morality of this legal battle and it occurred to me that if indeed Goss was only interested in getting her mitts on Alexi's estate/property/money then probably she could care less about the burial and funeral and place of rest.. don't you think? It seems to me at least that if she has delusional ideas, they probably come from a place of love and not greed. Or maybe I am one being delusional lol? Also, she has shared many sweet memories of her life with Alexi, very detailed and poignant memories which she has obviously thought about carefully and taken time to share. Such things I have yet to see from Kelli although she is now 'speaking' on social media, she says.

#227 kilimanjaro, Mar 9, 2021
  8. Faffy

Faffy Member

You're not!

I do find concerning the amount of negative terms are being chucked around by both sides relating to mental illness calling each other mentally sick/delusional/weakness/mentally unstable/insane/crazy. Since Alexi himself was open about his own struggles over the years, it's not pretty.

9. kilimanjaro

kilimanjaro Metal

I thought that too. Since Alexi was clearly , by his own admission suicidal BEFORE he married Goss and then had therapy etc and then still married her, I thought it was weird that his sister mentioned his mental illness in a way that hinted his marriage with Goss caused it and it was relieved once they broke up.

10. VenusAversa

VenusAversa Member

I believe it is about love, but in a platonic way possibly. Of course it is possible her feelings for him has surfaced after realising he is really gone and she has nothing but all her memories with him. Perhaps that is a way cling on a memory of Alexi but it is act of grief and not selfishness or greed. When families argue about possessions of their loved one, it is not always about having that certain piece of painting or furniture, or money. It is about clinging on a memory of their loved ones, because they can't have new ones.

PREACH! I find that extremely tacky when mental illnesses are made for name calling.

11. kilimanjaro

kilimanjaro Metal

Well, I have been married for a long, long time so to me 'platonic love' is love is love is love.. it is all the same in the end

Faffy likes this.
  12. VenusAversa

VenusAversa Member

Fair point! I was just thinking accusations about Kim trying to claim being Alexi's real love interest, which is weird since she hasn't said anything like they were still in love, like as a lovers. I don't know if my point reasonable and clear, because english isn't my first language so sorry about that!

13. kilimanjaro

kilimanjaro Metal

Yes, I understand and agree with you! She did not ever to my understanding insinuate that they still held each other as husband and wife, only that they loved as friends and had an agreement.

#233 kilimanjaro, Mar 9, 2021
  14. Faffy

Faffy Member

Can't blame people for making the mistake given all the frenzy that's been whipped up amongst fans through all the propaganda and exchanges between them. Its hard for some to remain impartial and stick to the facts instead of hyperbole and insinuation. Part of me reckons this is deliberate though, especially given the critical toxicity levels in BAM at the moment.

VenusAversa likes this.
  15. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

Greed I would say. She's presenting herself (marketing herself) as someone who does nothing but love Alexi (for decades without much contact?) and yet is causing all this ridiculous upheaval giving the family of her alleged beloved a hard time. I have no problem with her going after whatever may be hers. But that can be done by reasoning with the family or through legal instances. But she's gone beyond.

16. kilimanjaro

kilimanjaro Metal

I get what you're saying and yes you could be right, but if she is only after money why does she care where/when/how he is buried?

Works0fheart and VenusAversa like this.
  17. Whiteknuckle Deathgrip

You keep saying it's 'been decades without contact' - same terminology as team Australia, in your posts, but its hardly 1. Alexi may have told Kim where he wanted to be buried years ago. Also if I'm not mistaken theres currently talk about two different cemeteries, and one have a site where alot of artists are buried (Kim), and the other one has more space for a bigger memorial stone (Anna).

Works0fheart and Faffy like this.
  18. LilacEstelar

I think there is a lot of emotion in all of this but not necessarily in a healthy way. I mean, Kim just revealed she has been keeping Alexi's old artist passes for about 20 years. To me it seems a strange thing to do for an ex.
    And from Kim's earlier statements saying that the family and everyone will be "taken care of" it looks to me like she thought she would have the strongest position with regards to the estate, being the legal spouse and all. With Alexi's will and the family's clear dislike of her that turned out to not be true, so from then on I think she is just doing everything she can to push her own way and complicate things for the family.
    This is starting to look more and more obvious to me, and her way to make all this seem ok is to keep publishing old pics and talk about help for alcoholism etc.

kilimanjaro likes this.
  19. Faffy

Faffy Member

Given that they were in each other's lives, lived and toured together during that time, keeping such specific memorabilia from the years they spent working in the industry together isn't particularly weird to me at all given she'd qhave been working on said tours herself, performing or travelling with them in whatever capacity.

Does anyone have a link for her statement regarding her pertaining to have more control than the family? I can't see anything other than the response to the vile display from Matt Fawcett when he kicked it all off.

I remember that "the band members and she intended to make sure Kelli's daughter etc would be taken care of" was said though it had little context. To speculate, as she didn't clarify - she could have referred to them being acknowledged by way of allowing to attend a memorial since it's almost definitely the case they couldn't attend the cremation service due to the COVID restriction of attendees to 10 or indeed financially. As for Kelli's daughter, it's possible (not saying it would be true as I can't know her intention, but plausible) as Kelli & Shelby were not set or able to inherit/benefit anything at all, it's possible she could have gifted some of her payout for that purpose. Who knows!

Given it wasn't made clear, at any point point by way of a further statement, to assume she meant she thought she'd have full (or any) control over the estate can't be verified as fact.

#239 Faffy, Mar 10, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    kilimanjaro likes this.
  20. LilacEstelar

Obviously these are all just guesses and opinions since we don't know the truth. The part about "taken care of" though I thin is pretty clear. At some point Kim claimed that the issue between her and the family was that she wanted some of Alexi's band mates to also be taken care of and the family did not. To me as a translator at least it seems clear that this refers to money.

Deb00rah and kilimanjaro like this.