This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The Whole Kim vs Kelli issue

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by tragician, Jan 24, 2021.

1. LilacEstelar

LilacEstelar New Metal Member

I remember seeing pics from the Finnish wedding party with the COB guys. Not sure if they were posted by Kelli or someone else.
    In Kelli's page there are also pics with Jaska on his birthday. They have obviously been in touch while the band was still together as they were part of Alexi's circle of friends and Kelli was his wife in all but the legal sense of the word.

2. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

Well I think he sold his rights because he knew he doesn't have much time left. Probably he didn't want to do it at first, but later he realized that his bandmates will take care of it better than wives and family. Yes I said wives lol

Works0fheart and kilimanjaro like this.
  3. Faffy

Faffy Member

I don't think we'll ever know his reasoning. The true details and 'what happened in Russia' will likely never be made public as was agreed between them.

4. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

Yeah I am just guessing here, there is no evidence for sure, and I guess we won't find out.

5. Sinthoras_96

Sinthoras_96 Member

If you think that Alexi didn't know what he was doing when Roope was fired, then you're implicating that Jaska, Janne and Henkka didn't know what they were doing as well.

It was stated several times very clearly that this was a decision by the whole band in several interviews, in Alexis book and even in the private text messages with one of the other 3 guys that someone posted here when cob broke up.

COB-666 likes this.
  6. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

I am not saying that they should have kept him in the band. Just saying the manner of how they did it, two days before recording the album, just like bye bye without much more to say. I guess this is the reason Roope felt backstabbed. Later on he said he noticed issues with Roope already on Halo Of Blood, but seems like they never discussed this with him.

7. kilimanjaro

kilimanjaro Metal

It did seem like kind of a Metallica Mustaine situation, them not giving him a chance to change his ways before kicking him out. (I could be wrong about that of course)

Johnny_victor likes this.
  8. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

Well, I just meant that even if you have issues with the guy, you tell him to his face, just say you drink too much and you don't practice for the band, you can't stay. Since the issues were going on for some time, they could have discussed this on tour, but it seems like the whole band discussed it only behind Roope's back. Which doesn't mean he is innocent in the story, but this whole breakup with him seems really childish, like they are all teenagers.

Btw don't you guys find funny that Daniel ended the careers of both Norther and CoB? It's like he has some dark energy around him, every band he joins gets disbanded in few years :rofl:

9. Sinthoras_96

Sinthoras_96 Member

According to Alexi, he had talked with Roope alone about the issues but it didn't help. So he actually gave him a second chance

kilimanjaro likes this.
  10. LilacEstelar

Hmm, and BAM ended even quicker. Obviously for a different reason but still...

11. VenusAversa

VenusAversa Member

I think Roope got multiple chances which he failed every single time. It wasn't just Alexi who decided Roope would be better off, because they no longer could trust him appearing to rehearsals and being able to do gigs. Roope wasn't anymore trustworthy band member, but also as an employee, so he decided let him go.

LilacEstelar likes this.
  12. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

It's all true, but the decision was made couple of days before they started recording, which is a pretty bad decision for the whole band. Especially for recordings themselves. No wonder it turned out to be one of their weakest albums.

13. LilacEstelar

According to Alexi's book they had been in the studio with the producer and sound engineer for a week before Roope finally showed up, but wasn't technically able to play the way he should have been. They probably had no choice at that stage, as Roope had apparently not been answering his phone either.

NemesisMoon and VenusAversa like this.
  14. kilimanjaro

kilimanjaro Metal

Does anyone know who is the father of Goss' child? (Just curious if a metal musician). I am in no way insinuating anything by posting this question here, obviously we know it's not Alexi, I just thought you guys might know the answer.

15. Faffy

Faffy Member

It's unclear, however in her latest Instagram post Kim has said she and Alexi were still close, living in Finland in 2006 when she was pregnant. I don't believe it's been confirmed publically at any point who the father of her daughter is.

Attached Files:

#315 Faffy, Mar 13, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  16. kilimanjaro

kilimanjaro Metal

t

Interesting thanks! I read somewhere an old article or something that said she went to live with a Swedish boyfriend in Sweden and it kind of hinted he might be the father. Do you know who Swedish guy might be?

17. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

Assuming the songs were ready before they began recording them (Which they almost certainly were), then firing Roope wouldn't have had any effect on how the album turned out. Roope's possible inactivity during the songwriting process might have had some effect on the arrangements, but still, Alexi composed all the riffs and melodies, so the album still would've turned out pretty much the same with or without him.

COB-666 and VenusAversa like this.
  18. kilimanjaro

kilimanjaro Metal

Yeah, also I remember seeing somewhere Alexi said that a while before recording began he already had it in his head that he was going to end up doing all the guitar parts himself.

19. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

Yes, but few songs on that album don't even have a solo section, most solos are just improvised pentatonic scales, the guitar tone of that album is pretty average. Don't forget he was composing 100 guitars from Hel and he had to practice old songs with Antti basically all at the same time. So it wasn't a smart decision by any mean as the overall mood and "atmosphere" on that album are lacking.

Daniel was with the band on that album recording backing vocals. If Alexi just made the decision some months earlier and let Roope know it was his final tour, he could have already had a guitar player able to record an album with them.

kilimanjaro likes this.
  20. kilimanjaro

kilimanjaro Metal

I think Alexi and Kelli were secretly together before 2015. "Dead Man's Hand (Mother Kali)" has a LOT of clues.. imo.

Also, in a way, sadly prophetic

#320 kilimanjaro, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    VenusAversa, NemesisMoon and Sany like this.