This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The Whole Kim vs Kelli issue

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by tragician, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Faffy

Faffy Member

Wow. Attacks OP & Chris yet doesn't address or deny a single point raised by Janne. I hope he's not scared into silence by all this bickering and releases the interviews/facts etc which will hopefully provide some actual context and clear the air once and for all with some truth.

COB and the bands have been the only ones handling this publically with some respect/decorum. :(

2. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

Comments have been deleted under the COB's post.

Faffy likes this.
  3. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

My guess is that at some point Alexi learned that his prognosis wasn't looking good at all. And he decided to enjoy the rest of his life on his terms. Not sure when Kelli entered the picture. And personally, I have not seen all these pics of booze and partying, except that one pic that was posted here of Alexi in a restaurant and a glass of wine, iirc. Perhaps the beginning of his relationship with Kelli coincided with his health taking a turn for the worse. Maybe, he even decided to get serious about someone after hearing bad news. Also, we don't even know if/when Alexi told Kelli of his condition. I can't imagine him telling her on a first date, "hey guess what, turns out my health is...and I need your help to..." Unlike what that Deniz person suggests, some liver damage is irreversible. So I don't think things could have turned out differently. By the time Alexi was doing better, it may have been too late already.

Ragehead likes this.
  4. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

Yeah, perhaps. Maybe we'll know more soon.

5. Ragehead

Ragehead Member

I agree. It's weird how all the other people have a problem with the speculation, yet always make it worse by contributing. COB were mostly quiet and that's probably the best you could do in that situation.
    I'm also interested in that interview(s) Janne mentioned coming up, still I wouldn't expect to get to know the full picture...this is a very personal issue and that also explains why we got so many different views so far. Alexi is most likely the only one who really knows all about it. Still, the COB guys were his brothers and with him for over 20 years, so they basically now the whole story from the start.

This. We just don't really know (and probably never will) what happened when and what led Alexi to change his opinion. There must have been SOMETHING that caused him not accepting help anymore and another prognosis from his doctor might just have been that. It seems to me like he had a moment where he went "fuck it" and chose to live the time left the way he wanted, since it was too late anyways. Him doing all those concerts in 2019 was alarming to me from the start and showed that he didn't really care much for his health anymore. So he just did what he loved, even in that condition.

6. rabber_335i

rabber_335i Member

My theory isn't this deep and he probably just fell off the wagon and pushed away those who were trying to help (a typical addictive behavior). I would imagine that with covid he really struggled to keep it under control since he wasn't the type to be sitting at home. I really have a lot of respect for the fact that his addiction didn't seem to ever affect the quality of his work - the fact that he finished that 2019 tour without missing a show is a testament of true strength I think.

Works0fheart and Johnny_victor like this.
  7. mrs.bodOm

mrs.bodOm ~Kissing The Shadows~

Arcane 100% you said it all

Works0fheart likes this.
  8. KISSINGTHESHADOW

KISSINGTHESHADOW KISSINGTHESHADOW

So with some of his fear being sold off...it says by the Alexi laiho estate. So I assume his parents got everything? Which would be the right way in my opinion.

9. Faffy

Faffy Member

Or an agreement has been reached between all beneficiaries or probate has been granted. No confirmation either way yet on who's done what but it would imply that part of the legal deadlock has been resolved (unless Anna/the family acting without due notification to the legal spouse, which has been previously asserted).

Perhaps its been actioned under the advice of a court appointed administrator due ot the cases profile and ongoing disagreements. The family, Kelli and Kim are all being very quiet about it, who knows? ‍:/

#349 Faffy, Apr 17, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  10. Aries Poison Girl

Well I think you are wrong. I don't believe he knew he would die. This is for another topic, butDaniel said a few times how excited Alexi was about the new album. Also in his book he shares his plans to move to Australia and settle down with his so called wife.
    And btw, I still wonder about something, if he and his family knew about the diagnosis, wouldn't they offer help? You can't pass the fact your brother/son health is rushing down. If they knew, isn't it normal to offer transplantation, donor bank, hospital treatment, something? I would die before believe Alexi Laiho willingly left himself go that far, it happened for a few months, he couldn't predict it. Nobody wans to die, even the most miserable person. He fight and fight till the end.

11. Aries Poison Girl

I never knew about this. Where is this posted?

My oppinion is splitting between that Deniz, Alexi's sister and Christian... whoever. I'm not blaming Kelli, I actually supported her not so long ago till she played as a bitch and blocked me for nothing. Anyway, she or Kimberly, or Kristen, or whoever matters to me as his wives, not more. I don't give a fuck about his personal relationships with those women. I supported Alexi Laiho, not his partners.

Deniz is right, and so Christian, that if you care you wouldn't support the problem. I really doubt any of them knew things would turn out like this, but since Alexi spoke about his addiction in his book, his wife knew for sure. Videos of them both drinking proves she didn't try to stop him.

I never knew about Janne sharing this information. But how you treat someone who can't think sober? Well like someone who can't think sober! You don't encourage him, you don't abandon him, you don't let him go. You fight him, you oppose him, you lock him down and if needed force him to step on his feet and keep living his life with pride. I hardly can imagine what made him drink so much to cause himself death. You don't drink that much alcohol for a good reason. And the corona restriction isn't the same in Finland and in Japan, for example, there are still bars opened, parks, homes, you can see your friends, in some countries you can't go out at street without needed documents.

Anyway, it's easy to judge from outside and point who helped or not. I think Anna Laiho lost her point with "how do you know if she didn't tried". When on the table is the life of your beloved you don't play blind, you don't miss chances and you don't let your brother just leave the band and then pour some Corona (beer) on his grave and keep a minute of silence. If it was your child or beloved, or your best friend you knew since teen years, you wouldn't too.

12. Whiteknuckle Deathgrip

Well Kelli definitely knew about Alexis condition. She's deleted alot or made it unpublic, understandably. But she did make a post about her husband being sick in 2019 as I recall, saying he got medicine and now he's all better. And a few months back, she posted that she gave away a few 1000 dollars worth of medicine of Alexis to a charity.

I really think the drinking was in accordance with Alexis own wishes. He touches on the subject a couple of times in the biography. In one example he said he wished he was a pothead, because that would probably have been healthier for him in the long run.

13. Aries Poison Girl

Still there is a pretty serious reason for someone to start drinking AGAIN like this. Liver isn't easy to fail. It's one of the few organs that recovers and can be transplanted partly. I don't accept the explanation "covid, solitary". He was drinking for years, then stopped, habbit could started it but not in such a huge size.
    I read the second post. Anyway, you don't pour a gasoline in the fire of someone who is in danger to burn. You take the matchbox from him.

14. Muffin

Muffin Dusk..

Wish this was true, my dude

COB-666 likes this.
  15. Aries Poison Girl

Well when it's up to dying... You say yourself "I'm brave, life sucks, I want to die", and when you look the Death in the eye you change your mind very fast.
    No, I didn't try to commit suicide, I had an eye surgery a few years ago. Anyway, any messing in the head, even on the surface, could cause inflammation and reach the brain. Then for the first time I seriously admitted to myself I don't wanna die.

So I refuse to believe Alexi was pouring alcohol in his mouth with the idea to meet his end. It was more like, "I got the girl, I broke up with my old band but I have a new one, the future is in front of me, nothing can stop me now". Death is never an option when you have what to live for.

16. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

Plenty of people in music have died from destroying their liver. Even worse if the pancreas is affected as Goss suggested. So it was possible that Alexi's condition was irreversible at some point. Or at least it would have been pointless or would have involved more suffering to try and do something.

Works0fheart likes this.
  17. Whiteknuckle Deathgrip

We'll probably never know, how severe his liver and pancreas connective tissue had been damaged beforehand.
    I remember here in Denmark on the 29th of December, our PM just announced that the year would start off in lockdown mode, and for some thats a good exxuse to hit the bottle. Hell, I've done so myself for even smaller reasons.

Attached Files:

#357 Whiteknuckle Deathgrip, May 8, 2021
    Last edited: May 8, 2021
    Sany likes this.
  18. Aries Poison Girl

Drinking for fun and drinking from grief are different. That was my point.

19. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

I don't think at that point in his life it was drinking for grief or fun. It was just an unkickable habit. It doesn't have to be about a major life event necessarily, but he was away from his family and anyone that could potentially get him to slow down. The man has been notorious for drinking in excess for a long time. Look all the way back and alcohol was a common theme in his lifestyle. When you've drank that long it becomes a physical addiction that you can't just quit cold-turkey. You have to ween yourself off of it and some people never succeed at that.

20. Aries Poison Girl

I am actually stunned and not sure how to answer. I disagree with your statement. Habit or not, grief or not, Alexi wasn't a loner. He had friends, family, wife, kid... If those people cared about him, which I don't dare to question, they should know. With a close friend or family member having such a huge problem which was obvious even for fans who used to see him only at interviews and concerts, you can't miss the problem.
    And if you know your brother is about to die from drinking you go and do something, even if he hates you for years after that. You will have alive brother that hates you, instead of dead one that loves you.