This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The Whole Kim vs Kelli issue

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by tragician, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Faffy

Faffy Member

Yeah I saw that, and he added that they "need to be respectful" then left it at that.

I find it a tad hypocritical accusing someone of doing something for attention, by posting something to get attention

I attached it to my post above

2. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

Damn, so what is going on with his remains?

COB-666 likes this.
  3. Faffy

Faffy Member

Not much apparently. Interesting that the law is allowing Kim to allegedly do these things, if she has no standing etc. Something tells me we're not getting a full story but all this inflammatory discussion isn't serving any purpose other than trying to let the shit hit the fan again.

Attached Files:

4. Whiteknuckle Deathgrip

Thanks man. Well shit. I don't know who is in the right or wrong anymore, i just feel like the man should be given his rest. If this wasn't already a shitshow, I'd say it's turning into one. It's f'ed up. Poor Alexi, parents and everyone else.

Faffy, Fiend Girl and COB-666 like this.
  5. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

Unfortunately too often laws can be used in bad faith to accomplish...not a whole lot but cause grief and/or try and get money, which I assume is what's really at stake here for Goss. I bet she'll give some long reply to Anna's post where she gets on her high horse to talk about love and what Alexi really wanted etc. but her behavior shows otherwise...

6. Faffy

Faffy Member

Yes indeed. It's a strange one though given all the gusto about how it would be so easy to "beat" Goss in court etc and how the law was solely on their side with a resolution time frame etc. Somethings not quite right there surely for it to be allowed to drag on this long.

I wonder what will come next given the only ones suddenly being publically mouthy about the situation and needlessly involving the fans (likely hoping it'll be picked up by the press) after it being relatively quiet is Kelli/Anna. I do hope for Alexi's sake it doesn't get churned up yet again. Come to an agreement between lawyers and if you can't handle it privately, surely there's better ways than bitching on a private Instagram account so the other party can't see/respond.

7. MattK

MattK Member

All I know is somethings rotten in Denmark… or Finland actually

8. Whiteknuckle Deathgrip

Crackpot theory #4

Do you guys think that Kim stands to gain anything from this new signature run? Looking at her IG, she might. Can this be related to how she is holding off the funeral?

We still have way more questions than answers.

9. Faffy

Faffy Member

Interesting point! Kelli is also promoting it on her IG which makes me skeptical since she likely wouldn't do thst if it'd benefit Kim in any way. Sounds like this was well in the pipeline while Alexi was still alive though...Who knows?!

Attached Files:

10. azistenostora

azistenostora Member

That's one nice looking guitar there! Alexi's taste in guitars was way better than his taste in women.

#390 azistenostora, Sep 6, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  11. Fastbodom

Fastbodom I Spit on Your Grave

This Guitar is not perticulair the or an prototype
    its a normal ESP designed production guitar called the ESP USA V-II Which you can get here for example
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/402987215013

Alexi either bought this himself or got it from ESP, for now Shelby,, However i wont denie Alexi maybe got the purple idea from this guitar,

just to set things straight, the ESP USA V-II had nothing to do with Alexi at all just from him owning one

MaximHateCrew and Zman like this.
  12. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

His estate stands to benefit. Whoever that may be. Since they were married, presumably that involves Kim. Not sure how laws are in Finland in that regard. Hopefully it involves his family in some way as well. But I don't think the lack of funeral has anything to do with that. She'll continue to receive whatever he has to receive regardless of the funeral.

13. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

The purple ESP USA V-II could have been an inspiration perhaps for his future purple guitar(s)?

14. Whiteknuckle Deathgrip

Yeah the one Kelli posted looks like an ESP USA V-II, and if you try the configuration thingy, you can make almost the same guitar.

Could be one he just ordered out of his own pocket to Shelby, which is even cooler.

Attached Files:

MaximHateCrew likes this.
  15. azistenostora

azistenostora Member

Ah, ok didn't know that. Still a sexy axe but fuck me 4K for a lump of wood? Come on ESP. I bough my Japanese ESP Horizon about 10 years ago for under 1K! Have manufacturing costs really quadrupled in 10 years? My salary sure hasn't ...

Fastbodom likes this.
  16. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

Where did you buy your Horizon, or was it used? I bought my ESP SV-II in 2011 and it certainly was far closer to 2000€ than 1000€ (It was new). Never heard of any new ESP being sold for anything even close to 1000€.

As for what happened to the price, what they now call ESP's are all hand made by the same people who make ESP's custom guitars, so when you're buying a modern ESP, you're technically buying a custom guitar. Back in ~2011 when we bought our guitars they were still factory made. The ESP Standard line from back then is now called E-II according to ESP (I've seen some fans say that the E-II's aren't as good as the old ESP Standards, and claim that the modern E-II's are a LTD Deluxe rebrand instead of ESP Standard rebrand). The E-II's cost a bit over 2000€ which should roughly match what the ESP Standards would cost now if you added inflation.

17. azistenostora

azistenostora Member

I bought mine new in the UK 10-11 or so years ago so price is in GBP, maybe that's why it was under the 1K mark but very close to it (probably something like £999 :D). I bought two at the time, a Horizon FR and an NT.
    The FR was more expensive, around 1400-ish. Never played an E-II but the original Horizons are so flawless that I really don't know how a custom ESP could be any better and more importantly worth the extra cash. 10 years later and I'm still on the factory setup on both. Apart from changing strings I never had to adjust a thing.
    Fun fact: I never liked the head shape of ESP's (or Jacksons for that matter) until I saw our man Alexi with his ESP. It's his fault I spent thousands on Horizons :) Glad I did though because I certainly couldn't justify 4K for an ESP today.
    Are E-II's made in Japan by the way?

18. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

Yeah, the GBP probably explains at least some of the price difference.

You've had the same set-up for 10 years? :D I have a habit of changing set-ups at least once a year (Lower the action to play faster -> raise the action to sound better -> repeat) :D I'm trying to break free of that habit though.

Alexi's the reason I have an Rhoads style guitar too. I initially looked at an RR24, then the ESP SV. Liked the SV better than the RR24, so I bought it. Really happy I bought it back when I did, as I'd rather have the ESP logo on the headstock than the E-II logo.

Yes, the E-II guitars are made in Japan.

19. azistenostora

azistenostora Member

Am I right? Who wants a friggin E-II logo on their headstock. Doesn't even mean anything. That ESP logo makes me feel that tiny extra bit more special even though I couldn't afford a real ESP today :D

ESA1996 likes this.
  20. CharIie

CharIie Moss

I've got to agree on the whole "ESP Horizon" being perfect. I've wanted one of those for years before actually getting my hands on one. I was really close to buy it once, but I lacked like 200€ and went for an LTD MH-1000 Deluxe instead. But then, a few years ago I answered an ad for a ESP Horizon. The man was saying he had played it for like 10 years as his main guitar, touring with it, etc. Now, I normally don't care for second hand guitars, but he was selling the guitar of my dreams for 700€, so it was worth a look. I went, thinking I'd be disappointed by the state of the axe given its history. But boy was I surprised. That seller had taken such an impressive care of the guitar that I could not say it had ever been played before, let alone for 10 years! Bought it immediately. And now that I've got my hand on my dream guitar, I can safely say that no other guitar will ever come close to the perfection of the Horizons, at least for me. I've played guitar at +5000€ but only one could be compared to it, it's the Stormbender by Framus. But again, not the same budget eh?