This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

The Whole Kim vs Kelli issue

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by tragician, Jan 24, 2021.

1. kilimanjaro

kilimanjaro Metal

Wow. Both sides don't cover their selves in glory but Anna Laiho's story does make me think!

Works0fheart and VenusAversa like this.
  2. Faffy

Faffy Member

Yes absolutely. Unfortunately even in the presence of a will, a legal spouse still has right to a statutory inheritance claim and can't be fully disinherited under both EU and Finnish law. Hopefully it'll mitigate what financial damage the Laihos wish to avoid, assuming this is all completely factual and not based on beef between Goss and the Laihos from all those years ago. Surely they wouldn't be privy to any personal communication between them since.

All these were lifted from Jeff Waters Facebook page, on the one also crossposted to the Annihilator page here: https://m.facebook.com/jeff.waters.7374

Some irony there that Goss is the only one there not escalating despite being blatantly baited to do so.

Deb00rah likes this.
  3. VenusAversa

VenusAversa Member

I will check it out, thanks Faffy!

I still believe there are truths in Kim's but also Kelli's and Laiho's stories, because I just don't believe things being so simple as "we were friends" "no you weren't".

Deb00rah likes this.
  4. Faffy

Faffy Member

Anytime! I totally agree with you. No doubt to either sides legitimacy in all this mess, unfortunately for Anna the code of succession and inheritance law in Finland is very clear and doesn't fully fit with what she's said, sadly.

Contrastingly, the Finnish press confirmed and had seen proof of their daily communication up until (and including) the day Alexi died.

I guess time will tell...and the more unnecessary and public "he said-she said" isn't helping anyone look morally superior.

COB-666 likes this.
  5. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

What about the message of Roope Kaukinen from https://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum...210306_172937_com-android-chrome-2-jpg.27853/ ? He said there's some other legal ways.

6. Inceptionist

Inceptionist It's Not My Funeral

It’s Alexi’s sister, and he was incredibly close with his family, her especially. If there’s anyone that can give a true opinion it’s his sister.

I’m not sure why they kept contact, maybe he was afraid she’d pursue 50% while he was still alive and had to keep her happy. The fact he wrote a will (which is surprising honestly) that excludes her is telling.

7. Faffy

Faffy Member

Alexi's brother in law has mentioned that being the case, so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out. If it's all even true and not simply just words said in anger or to rile each other up. Unfortunately, words are all that's been given from that side so far.

If she's been fully disinherited in a testament (as they claim) she can still go for a lawful statutory share even if she doesn't accept the will (which she has up to six months to contest while the estate is being wound up and notified for tax purposes - if it's even required for her to do so as a primary heir)

https://www.finlex.fi/en/laki/kaannokset/haku/?search[type]=pika&search[kieli][]=en&search[pika]=Inheritance&submit=Search

https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_succession-166-fi-en.do#toc_1

Of course this will all be in the hands of lawyers and whatnot but the fact that they married without a prenup, and were still married at the time of Alexis death unfortunately doesn't bode well from a legal perspective. Hope an adequate resolution is found for all without more of this petty hypocritical shit.

Deb00rah and VenusAversa like this.
  8. VenusAversa

VenusAversa Member

I totally agree and it is unnecessary to make that kind of arguments. That might be walking on a thin ice commenting that kind of stuff on social media. If Alexi and Kim had some kind of grudge between them, I believe it would be true them talking with each others and solving things between them. And if the reason really was money, I believe law would have been on Alexi's side, because it wouldn't been difficult to show their separation which happened long time ago and they weren't living as a couple in almost two decades.

9. Faffy

Faffy Member

Exactly this. It's also telling that Alexi didn't attempt to divorce her again, despite Anna saying she'd threatened to cash in on it - he didn't need Goss' signature, presence or approval to file or complete it. Even then, through legal process if she did try for it - he could easily prove her malicious intention and protect himself. Even if she was entitled, surely the years apart and any documented abuse would be the biggest card to play to legally cover his back.

"3.2 the division of property of the spouses
    The granting of a divorce and the division of property are separate matters. Once a marriage is dissolved, the spouses can agree on the division of property between themselves or ask a court to appoint an executor. The general rule is that all assets of the spouses are divided equally. The general rule can be deviated from on the basis of a prenuptial agreement or similar. The division can also be adjusted if the outcome would be considered unreasonable otherwise. Marital property can be divided as soon as the cooling-off period begins.ć

https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_divorce-45-fi-en.do?member=1#toc_3_2

#129 Faffy, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    VenusAversa likes this.
  10. VenusAversa

VenusAversa Member

And I wonder how come money was so important if he really wanted a divorce? It would have been high price, yes, but he would have been free from Kim and free to wed Kelli officially. I guess money wasn't really a motive for Alexi to settle a divorce, because he could have done it without Kim's signature. At least I imagine if I was personally on similar situation, I would have make that cost to get rid off a person I wouldn't want to meddle into my things when I pass away. Well, this is speculating again, but there is questions still I'd like to know answers and it might be possible we won't get those even if we wanted.

Deb00rah and Faffy like this.
  11. Sany

Sany Member

This is really getting strange :bah:

My personal opinion is:
    Alexi was clean and almost not drinking anymore. Since he got about 2015/2016 to Kelly he kinda started again with Alcohol. The Aussies or Kelly have not looked after him, have not seen that you can get addicted again (Drugs or Alcohol or even Cigarettes).
    So one think goes like a chain to another...drinking for 3-4 Years gave Alexi and the rest the Body needed to fail.
    Suspicious is the Fundme thing, Deleting and blocking many fans and posts.

Also Kim is kinda on the Fans side. She (thank God) posted what really happens to Alexi and told if your addicted to Alcohol to get Help.
    On the other Side, many people (Alexis Sister included) claims that Kim is not good, because where was She the last years?

So i think that both have some right and wrongs, everyone is kinda fighting for his "Love".
    Maybe a statement from the COB Guys could clear thinks up, otherwise its Kelly VS Kim...

Works0fheart, <Arcane>, Faffy and 4 others like this.
  12. Faffy

Faffy Member

Also interesting to note that they're now confirming Goss does have legal rights/say over matters surrounding Alexi's passing despite vehemently claiming the opposite until this.

Deb00rah likes this.
  13. Sinthoras_96

Sinthoras_96 Member

Where did they claim that she doesn't have the legal rights?
    I remember that double feature interview thing, where they had Kim and Kellis answers from two separate interviews in one article and Kelli confirmed that Kim was officially still married.

14. kilimanjaro

kilimanjaro Metal

On the other hand.. if Alexi and Goss were friends - 'best friends' as she has stated - surely his family would at least have some awareness of that fact. Why are they so adament that he couldn't stand her and never said a positive thing about her?

15. kilimanjaro

kilimanjaro Metal

I also have wondered this which Goss has never addressed - why in all those years did she never make the first move to divorce Alexi? If money was not an issue I would think she would have wanted to get unhitched at some point especially since she had a child with someone else.

16. predator2353

predator2353 Member

Well it's quite possible that Alexi's sister could still have a bad impression about her after all that once was. I don't think we all share everything with our relatives out of shame. For example you wouldn't be feeling very comfortable talking to your sister/brother, that you went on a holiday with your X or that you still keep in touch from time tome, simply because they might nag you about it. That's not always the case, but it's certainly a possibility.

Yeah this is so weird to me. I think she stated somewhere that it's a long process and pointless, but she might as well be a gold digger as Alexi's sister states. I think we're very close to the truth and there's something shady about both parties.

17. Sinthoras_96

Sinthoras_96 Member

Because maybe it's the truth?

I realize that some people here are probably more on Kims side because of the old Sinergy times.

But honestly, what did she do? Post some nice nostalgic pictures yeah. But what else? She claimed to meet with Alexis friends. But who did she meet with? Roope, who was probably more an enemy than a friend of Alexi after he was fired from CoB? Petri Lindroos, who stated in his own tribute post that he wasn't in personal contact with Alexi since ages? How about some pictures with the actual BAM or COB guys that were really Alexis friends?

Yeah she is his legal wife and Alexi never divorced her. Anna says the reason is money. I can very well imagine that. Alexi probably didn't like the idea that someone he absolutely didn't care about at this point would get half of his hard earned money. He was always someone who was very proud of his own work and achievements from my impression. So I can very well imagine that he had this attitude of "I rather keep married with her instead of giving her a single penny".

And if what Anna's husband wrote is true about those legal ways, it was probably a very well thought decision to keep that marriage.

The reason why he sold his share of the CoB brand to his bandmates might be the same. He maybe wanted to make sure that nobody except those guys who build the whole thing with him from the beginning and achieved everything would get their hands on it after his death.

I already wrote when the funeral happened (which actually didn't even happen as it seems) that I thinks its morally questionable of Kim to call a funeral hold by his parents illegal (yes it technically is illegal, but you get the point).

Now from Anna's words Kim keeps his parents from actually burying him. This is some fucked up shit.

The people who are fans of Kim and hate Kelli can continue to do so. But you can hardly ignore what his sister and her husband have said right there, who are pretty much the most important people in Alexis life (quoted from his own book).

18. VenusAversa

VenusAversa Member

I guess because that marriage made also possible to Alexi stay in the US so maybe that marriage wasn't actually a problem for them. If it was their both agreement so they wouldn't have to get a divorce even after almost two decades of separation. Just guessing, tho.

19. Faffy

Faffy Member

Absolutely get what you're saying. Though I doubt it would be relevant for your 41yr old son/brother to give running lists of who his best mates are, especially on Alexi's scale and moreso if they'd had personal issues between each other from years ago (as inferred by Anna) but each to their own I suppose.

There's so much that's been said/deleted and gone on from both sides but the bits where it's inferred that Goss has no right:

Matt Fawcetts personal attack:
    "What are you hoping to achieve besides boosting your name and attempting to take what isn’t rightfully yours"

Unfortunately despite their family bond, Roope and Anna are saying a lot and like Sheri/Kelli/both Kims so far it's all unsubstantiated. Why would Roope make their intentions so publically clear if it is subject to a major legal battle?

Plus she's been dismissed as being "a spectre from decades ago" but since it's been proven he could have divorced her without consent, why such animosity and repeated attacks/drama when if surely everything is in the familys favour for them to wipe the floor with Goss? It's hard to understand but since it's deeply personal and goes way back, we'll likely never know.

kilimanjaro likes this.
  20. VenusAversa

VenusAversa Member

I think that is honestly fucked up situation if Kim would like interfere on burial of Alexi against his parents and sisters wishes, because they are Alexi's family by blood. I believe Kim wants to think of Alexi's friends and them to have an opportunity to visit Alexi's grave, but I'd say this one should go to his family to settle and not taking it away from them. Sure there are lots of people who calls Alexi their best friend, but what was Alexi's view on their friendship? Would these friends been so trustworthy, even these best friends are popping out all the time from here and there.

kilimanjaro likes this.