This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Theocracy forum idea

Discussion in 'Theocracy' started by Spyderman-Hyderman, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Kenneth R.

Kenneth R. Cináed

yeah i love that guide.

and what you said makes sense, so hmm... i'm not sure why they make higher priced soundcards that have 1/8" ins

2. Spyderman-Hyderman

Spyderman-Hyderman more gear than talent:-(

those particular soundcards may not be made for the main purpose of recording audio. Audio interfaces should have the 1/4" jacks as well as other goodies. The high end ones with 1/8" jacks only are more for better quality playback and/or audio mixing etc. Beware of the interfaces that rely on USB.
    (some people like them, some don't) I had a Digitech RPx400 floorboard with all the goods, and it connected to the PC via USB. It worked sure enough but the sound quality was terrible compared to my Pod and stereo analogue jacks...I also ran into some latency problems.

3. Kenneth R.

Kenneth R. Cináed

yeah, i use a Audigy 2Z from when i built this computer a few years ago.

4. Spyderman-Hyderman

Spyderman-Hyderman more gear than talent:-(

My bass player came by tonight with an Aeryon DVD, and in the special features Arjen describes his tone setting (remember we were discussing this earlier)
    as he uses the Line 6 POD Pro as I do I was very interested. I tried his settings out and sure enough what a great sound I now have....he tunes down to D so he uses less distortion than I do, but using his settings as a guide I now have the perfect sound for my own project. It is as follows.
    Amp Model: Rectified
    Drive/dist: 1 o'clock
    Bass: 10 o'clock
    Mid: MAX
    Trebel: 1 o'clock
    Cabinet model: 4x12 position 1

the other settings are set to whatever you need...also these results will vary depending on your guitar and amp etc...but this is working well for me.