This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Thoughts on Soilwork's new "Death Resonance"

Discussion in 'Bar' started by Genius Gone Insane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Genius Gone Insane

Genius Gone Insane http://www.¯\(°_o)/¯.com

First of all, really cool compilation of great tracks. I love this band more and more with time.

Also, it is awesome to see all the different mixes, particularly having Jens Bogren as well as Daniel Bergstrand on there. I really dig Bergstrand's mix on the last track Killed by Ignition. I think he also did Wherever Thorns May Grow.

Jens Bogren and Soilwork are a great combination yet I would love to see Soilwork get Daniel Bergstrand to do their next one.

2. Pxz

Pxz Member

Yeah i would like Daniel to their next for sure.Both guys are awesome but if it's up to me i go with the Daniel. I always enjoyed the guitars tones, are ENGL's involved ?

3. crillemannen

crillemannen Member

Bergstrand... really!!??? I think his mixes always sound weird. I don't like that he's doing kind of an phasey thing with the drums. Yuck!

4. Pxz

Pxz Member

Can you point me a track that highlight that aspect of the drums?

5. Terminus

Terminus Member

I bought it the day it came out but haven't had much chance to listen to it but maybe 2 times. I've already heard/got about a third of it but the new mixes and the new-to-me stuff is, as usual, great.

On a side note, their new drummer Bastian Thusgaard- or touring drummer at this point, is a student of Dirk's and is holding his own magnificently on drums. Going to see them next month and can't wait.

Side side note, to prove how much of a dorky superfan I am, here's SOME of the swag I picked up at their last show here:

[​IMG]

6. Pxz

Pxz Member

Cool stuff. They are playing here in Chile very soon, im very stoked to see them finally.

7. Heabow

Heabow More cowbell!

I quite agree on his 'phasey' sound but more on guitar tones than drum tones imho. But yeah, his has a very personal approach that some don't like for sure. That said, I think he's the perfect fit with Soilwork - STD sounds incredibly good to me.

8. Genius Gone Insane

Genius Gone Insane http://www.¯\(°_o)/¯.com

I can't get over how great the snare drum sounds on the two songs Bergstrand mixed, makes me wet.

Heabow likes this.