This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

To-Mera sign to Candlelight

Discussion in 'To-Mera' started by Lee_B, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Lee_B

Lee_B Readin' me posts are ya?

Here's the official blurb that's being sent out:

To-Mera was formed by Julie Kiss and Lee Barrett (ex:Extreme Noise Terror / Disgust / Mussolini Headkick) following her acrimonious departure from the Hungarian progressive metal band Without Face (ex: Earache / Elitist recording artists). She felt that she still had a lot more to offer musically and set about finding like-minded musicians in order to persue that goal. Fellow Hungarian Akos Pirisi, a huge fan of Meshuggah and a master of polyrhythmics, was brought in on drums. Later Tom MacLean was found after he, a big Without Face fan, recognized Julie and introduced himself at a Dillinger Escape Plan concert. Tom graduated from the Trinity College of Music in London, where he studied Jazz guitar. Although a huge metalhead, His broad musical tastes are evident in his playing, and he constantly pushes himself to attain new levels of skill.

When all was finally in place, the band recorded their debut demo in July 2005 at The Peel rehearsal rooms (Kingston-Upon-Thames) on a laptop, and it was mixed in France by up-and-coming producer Brett Caldas-Lima (Kalisia / Malmonde / Fairlight).

After the demo was recorded, the band finally found a fulltime keyboard player in the shape of Hugo Sheppard. Hugo is also a graduate of the Trinity College of Music where he studied classical piano. He has already contributed to the band's newer material, and his avant-garde, free-flowing style has added yet another dimension to To-Mera's sound.

The songs are worked almost literally around Julie's lyrics, adding flesh to the emotive, dark and esoteric bones. The mesmeric descriptive themes allow the listener a very personal look into a deeply multifarious mindset. The music as a result is a complex, heavy and at times heartfelt hybrid of powerful progressive metal, beguiling acoustic passages, enchanting keyboard soundscapes and unmistakable female vocals.

The demo was sent to many webzines and magazines, where universal acclaim was given. The band received "Demo of The Month" at Organ Magazine, Zero Tolerance magazine and Imperiumi.net (Finland). These, and many other, great reviews led to a number of interested record labels getting in touch. It soon became clear that Candlelight Records (Emperor, Opeth, 1349, Zyklon, Enslaved, etc) was the best choice for the band and a multi-album, worldwide deal was signed at the beginning of January 2006. The demo is still available for download at http://www.myspace.com/tomeraband .

To-Mera will record their as-yet untitled debut album in May 2006, again with producer Brett Caldas-Lima.

Recording is expected to take place in Veszprem (Hungary) and London (England) for a release later in 2006. It promises to be an ambitious, epic, progressive and generally HUGE slab of forward-thinking metal.

Band website www.to-mera.com

2. Brett - K A L I S I A

Brett - K A L I S I A Dreaded Moderator

Yay !!! Congratulations, you guys and girl deserve it !!!

[​IMG]

3. Existenz

Existenz Member

Great news!!:kickass:

4. Corpinen

Corpinen Member

Congrats from Finland too! Of the demos I got/bought in 2005, To-Mera's was the best by far. So the band really deserved a deal! Looking forward to the release!

5. Russell

Russell __

Congrats, that's great news. :cool: Pass on my best wishes to Julie too. You good for the 28th?

6. Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral we are children of god

Chained to this rock of a Brave New World
  7. circus_brimstone

circus_brimstone Forest: Sold Out

Nice job, Lee. Congratulations. :wave:

8. sorceron

sorceron ken

excellent!

9. Emi

Emi underdog

congratulation Lee!

10. Fevermist

Fevermist Faltering Image

Excellent stuff!
    Me likes a lot :D

11. BenMech

BenMech student of the d'eh

Guess I should say "Excellent news" here.

12. Bariel

Bariel Member

Damn, band vocalist is so beautiful that I almost don't care how she sings:)

13. Jo

Jo Member

Congratulations To-Mera!

14. OrthodoxCaveman

Congratulations!! I can't wait to hear more of To-Mera... I heard of you on myspace.com. Cheers from Mexico.

15. Adman

Adman New Metal Member

I got the demo at ProgPower UK on saterday and I love it. I hope to see you tour the UK soon