This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

To those who own both copies of Watershed

Discussion in 'Opeth (Archived)' started by Lothlorien, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Gh0sT

Gh0sT Member

Hi,

I actually got the 2 editions.

The special edition has 6 more pictures / artworks than the standard one (including 5 in the booklet and 1 on the DVD sleeve).

And, by the way... The standard edition CD is black while the special edition CD is white.

PS : soory for my english... I'm french.

2. hosky

hosky New Metal Member

yes its a window not a painting

3. FRUGiHOYi

FRUGiHOYi "Since 1981"

The SE cardboard package looks like crap and the booklet has no lyrics. At least the documentary is cool. I haven't yet listened to the bonus tracks.

4. müsli

müsli New Metal Member

hi,

i just registered. mainly because i want to discuss the artwork of the new album. i have been reeding this forum for a long time, obviously because of my great interest in opeth. but now that the new album is out i finally joined. so: hi!

My thoughts up to this point on the artwork (i only own the special edition):
    - the belong together and the full meaning of the artwork will only be cognizable if their correlation is clear
    - i think, that one of the major problems interpreting the artwork is the order of the pictures. they are not in the right (logical) order. proof: the picture with the gravestone and the back of the DVD case belong together. both pictures show the garden of the house
    - i have no idea about the picture with the man in the window. the only possibility is, that he is the guy writing the letter
    -who is the young man reading the letter?
    -i can make some sense of the pitcture of the dvd case: the man wants to clink glasses with the dead man burried in the garden.
    -picture with the naked man: this looks to me like a funeral party. but i cannot recognize the man on another picture.

what do you think?