This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Top folk metal releases this year

Discussion in 'Heathen Crusade' started by Cheiron, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Maggotcrusher666

Nope sorry but there were plenty of other people that felt the same way and did not in fact like guys. Not that they sounded bad they just weren't very interesting to watch at all. Not that I can really blame them because I imagine its hard to put on a good live show when your fucking singer is playing drums in the back with no lights anywhere near him. Plus their violinist was just goofy on stage. The fact that Slough Feg already set the bar impossibly high for the first day didn't help either.

2. rms

rms Active Member

It's their best 2 date. After that get Dodsfard, then Vredens Tid for the Viking/Folk shit. If you like the black/viking(sort of a moonsorrow I guess) get their first album, it's their best in that sub-genre imo

3. MetalNations

MetalNations Member

Well... for 2008... I can not wait to hear the new TUMULUS CD.

4. Diabolik

Diabolik Member

the newest Alkonost disc is amazing. I cant stop listening to it. The Svartsot disc is also playing all the time too at my place. Arkona has a new disc out...cant wait for that one. Also Volkolak "The Feat of the greay king" is also a incredible disc....worth hunting down.

5. PurpleCrayonWriter

PurpleCrayonWriter Just a Kid at Heart

Cruachan The Morrigan's Call is pretty darn good.

Elvenking's The Scythe is good, too. But it's kind of the "commercial" version of Folk-Metal. More polished and accessible.

I don't know where Primordial fits into all this, but To The Nameless Dead is kicking my ass like nothing else I've heard in a long, long time. It could be in my Top Ten all-time favorite CDs.

Ensiferum's Victory Songs.

6. Krigloch the Furious

Krigloch the Furious Pants full of poo

wtf! I still dont have the newest Arkona cd. Where canst I obtain thoust disket

7. Dr. Pete

Dr. Pete Asian Frank

I believe that Stormspell Records should have a copy of it through the distro site. Hurry though, there are only 4 left.

Stormspell Site: www.stormspell.com

8. Krigloch the Furious

Krigloch the Furious Pants full of poo