This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Tour North America, PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Kalmah' started by eggo, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Teh Secksi

Teh Secksi New Metal Member

How much would it cost for a band to come out to the US and play a show or two, Ive always wondered.

I bet if they sold more merchandise<-*hint* they could get a little closer to touring elsewhere, and I had someting else to add, but I forgot, Ill add it later.

2. arch_enemy666

arch_enemy666 I Wanna Rock!

in an interview antti said they have a big response from americans, so if they ever do some euro tours, i dont think they would have a problem getting one here

3. Cr4zyIrishJohn

If Kalmah steps foot on american soil i'm there. I don't care if it's new york, or florida. But it would be alot cooler if they just came to Sacramento California!! Play the Boardwalk! :kickass:

4. xshadowsoulsx

i would love if kalmah started playin in the US, but they would start playin with some shitty bands probably and only probably play a 20 minute set, but it would be better than nothing i guess

5. hidious

hidious Member

EXACTLY my toughts since the beginning of this post that i was too lazy to type. So many people like some band because of the way they look, attitude, etc, and don't really enjoy the talent in the music. Slipknot for example: maybe i'm missing something but the music totally sucks (sorry). I've been playing guitar for a long time now and playing slipknot is just ridiculous. I admire slipknot for understanding that the market is full of unhappy wannabee extreme teens that don't give a fuck if the music is actually good, all they want is low, brutal, distorded guitar, blasted drums and harsh screaming. Then they think they're "extreme" and it's a good way to get their frustration out. Slipknot is a good band with all their masks, etc, people love em but the music and the musicians simply sucks. Anybody can do it. $

2- when a band gets popular, i tend to juge them more severely. I kinda like to tell some people bands i listen to because they ask me and they don't know any of them.

6. eggo

eggo Blackened

Dragonforce sold out in Los Angeles in -5- days. You guys can do just as well if not BETTER at a LARGER venue. Pleaseeeeeeee come <3

7. Cr4zyIrishJohn

Well, instead of starting a new topic, i'll just post in this one. ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS, WHY? Why havne't they ever came here, and why does it seem like they're not going to?:ill:

8. I{ameman

I{ameman Member

hmmm why should they come to america if they haven't had an european tour? i mean if they can't tour their own continent how should they manage it to come to another continent? i mean such a tour costs lots of money and besides that you have to arrange everything with your working place etc.
    if you would search a bit for kalmah interviews etc you might find out that they have another problem and that is that they don't live in one city but have to go some way just to reach each other...
    so planning a tour is already a problem...

9. Cr4zyIrishJohn

They need a new record label. They already have the music part of this business on LOCK! But unfortunately that's not enough. They need good management. Which they obviously do NOT have. :cry:

10. hidious

hidious Member

What do YOU know? I'm sure if Kalmah wanted to start big projects or tours, they'd do it without any problems. You can't get 5 swamplords out of their finnish swamps that easily...

11. eggo

eggo Blackened

^ rofl.

Also, I'm sure the individual sacrifices they would make to move closer together would repay them in spades. Not only could they coordinate better, but they would get to hang out with eachother more often :D Can you imagine how much fun it is to be around 5 swamplords at the same time? Woot.

I love you Kalmah<3

12. airraidsiren01

airraidsiren01 LAWL @ TEH INTERWEB

They should join the Unholy Alliance tour ;x

13. KillerRobot

KillerRobot ^___^

A North American Kalmah tour would be most pleasing indeed...

14. eggo

eggo Blackened

Gah.

Tour you guys. Atleast tour in Europe so I can get my paws on some bootleg recordings of you guys live. <3

Heh :p

But, seriously..start touring. :D

15. Follow the Swamplord

Follow the Swamplord New Metal Member

God Montreal would be awsome just a couple hours down the road.

Actually Edward Funes, I think that u'll find that a lot of people that listen to Kalmah also listen to Children Of Bodom. Imagine a tour with Kalmah and COB.... That would be fucking insane!!!

I think Kalmah's getting some good recognition in Canada, especially Quebec.
    U guys should really consider it.

[​IMG]

16. LeBim

LeBim Fucking Hostile!

Sure in Quebec there a LOT of metal fans!!! First COB show ever was sold-out... If Cob tour with Kalmah here..they will need a big place!

17. Screcrowman

Screcrowman Member

I think Kalmah should try to do a tour with CoB or Dark Tranquillity. I know alot of you people dislike CoB but it would get them noticed.

18. xshadowsoulsx

thats true, that would be a kickass show though, or if they played with Imperanon that would also be sexy

19. Krigloch the Furious

Krigloch the Furious Pants full of poo

they need to come over to the states with Vader or another good band. Not fucking CoB! Drop that shit!

20. xshadowsoulsx

yeah, Imperanon instead of COB