Separate names with a comma.
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by The Ozzman, Aug 4, 2015.
Or 1000 Manilla Road albums.
MF's later albums absolutely crush Manilla Road's and I like later day MR.
Spiral Castle is one of the best Manilla Road albums ever in my opinion, so I'm interested to test the truth of your opinion soon, when I listen back to the post-Don't Break the Oath material.
My gut feeling is I won't agree.
I suppose I should try to listen to Spiral Castle again because I don't remember it being specifically special.
To be honest though I feel that way about all Manilla Road after 1987. It's good enough but I don't seem to retain it or want to revisit much. I like it okay but I don't NEED it.
Fair enough. Manilla Road are a top 5 or even top 3 metal band for me.
I think some of Manilla Road's newer material is great, like Spiral Castle and Gates of Fire (both are better than most albums after Open the Gates) but you hardly need all their newer stuff imo (even though i've got alot of it myself) much is just more of the same but less memorable).
I'd say that when I listen to MR 75% of the time it's to put on Crystal Logic, Open the Gates, Mystification, or The Deluge. The other 25% is reserved for their earliest material, random classics from their pre-reunion stuff, and then their newer stuff.
And when I say "why bother" it's not that I'm opposed to listening to them or anything, but I'm not going to go out of my way to purchase a copy of "9" or something but if I see it cheap at a used store or something I'll snag it.
This is a fair opinion, somewhat harsh but honest.
Favorite Manilla Road albums?
2.Open The Gates
3.Mark of the Beast
It's cool to see I'm not alone with this.
1. The Deluge
3. Crystal Logic
4. Open the Gates
The Deluge and Crystal Logic for me. Mystification does have one of my favorite MR songs though ...
1) Crystal Logic
3) Open the Gates
4) The Deluge
Crystal Logic is a top 10 metal album of all time for me so yeah.
1) The Deluge
2) Crystal Logic
4) The Courts of Chaos
5) Open the Gates
EDIT: Changed my mind on Metal.
For anyone wondering why I put Open the Gates at #5, I just think it's a bit more inconsistent.
Open the Gates
Edited. Fuck you Yoda.
Courts of Chaos is so totally underrated but better than Mystification? Just, naw man.
Fuck off cunt you didn't even include Spiral Castle.
Because it's not as good as the ones in my top 5 bro. It's better than Courts of Chaos but it also contains one of the worst MR songs of all time.