This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Tragedy too close to home...

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA Lounge' started by AngraRULES, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monoxide_child

monoxide_child New Metal Member

these 2 posts convey the message that i was trying to get across
    all the tragedies are equal, even the ones we never hear about

2. Mardoch

Mardoch Defender of the Universe

All tragedies are NOT equal. To a single individual, perhaps two catastrophic events can be equal. But not to a society.

3. monoxide_child

monoxide_child New Metal Member

you've accidently made my point

the media tells society which tradgedies to pay attention to, and which lives are more valuble than the others, every single winter, in the USA alone, millions of homeless people freeze to death, but those deaths are never repoted on the American news, are those broke people's lives any less valuble than the lives of the rich people that died in Newton??

every year, in the USA, the number of "Black" people that are killed by guns is an entire ten times the number of "White" people that are killed by guns
    are the lives of the white people that died in Newton that much more valuble than the lives of the black people whose deaths didn't even make the news at all??

can we say the lives of the people that died in Newton are any more or any less valuble than the lives of the people that died in Aurora??

the answer to all these questions is obviously emphatically "NO"

4. dcowboys311

dcowboys311 Member

^so go make a thread about those "black" people or "white" people or "homeless" people or any of the other tragedies so people can express their condolences there. The purpose of this thread is pretty specific. Poor taste, man.

5. AeonicSlumber

The only person that is calling attention to the "value" of people's lives is you. We never said a single thing about one shooting meaning more than another or one life meaning more than another - that was just your own assumption based off your own strange urge to ruin a thread with your insensitive, unsolicited opinions.

6. ashaman7122

ashaman7122 Crazy on a ship of fools

1 question and 1 statement to your post:

Question: Where (and how) did I get the reputation of being a troll, or maintaining a stupidity streak?

Statement: Yes, I have seen people die...in my arms...while under my care...and I thank you for proving my point.

This is just another example how such a flammatory subject get such outrageous reactions from people that have no relation or context to the situation...

So...when I show up at your door...you be sure to buy those fucking cookies, you bitch.

7. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Answer 1: Your posts and statements are among the dumbest here. Your reputation precedes itself.

Comment about your statement: Wow. Under your care? Clearly you aren't doing a very good job...

8. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

Thread closed and I'm not even going to go back and delete individual comments.

Ashaman gets a few weeks vacation for his personal insults/attacks (and this is not the first time as they always happen in the middle of night).

Nailz- Considering this your first "official" warning as well due to the other thread.

I don't mind spirited or even angry debates, but this is one of the most civil forums on the web and I plan to keep it that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.