This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Triosphere, one of my pp guesses

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by dionysus11, Aug 30, 2010.

1. dionysus11

dionysus11 MSTmike3K

This is a kickass band I have been listening to a lot lately. I hope they play next year,and I just wanted u guys to check them out if you haven't. They are like a mix of Doro/Circus Maximus to me.

#1 dionysus11, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. SeaStorm

SeaStorm Member

I've been listening to the song Watcher for four days now (sent by a friend) and I had NO IDEA the vocalist was female until you posted this!

3. Diamond45

Diamond45 Terminate Bad Music

It would not surprise me in the least if Triosphere gets chosen to play at a future PP USA.

4. edgeofthorns

edgeofthorns 24 Hours Ago...

It's not bad. I'll have to explore the rest of their stuff.

~Brian~

5. ixrayu

ixrayu Senior Member

Thanks, never heard of them before this post. It's sounds good to me. I think they would be a good fit for the show!

6. SKguitarist

SKguitarist Member

Wow, I've never heard of them before. This is some really good and catchy stuff! Great vocals!

7. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

I really like them!!! Would not mind seeing them at all even if I didn;t list them in my guess LOL

8. Aran

Aran Member

Cool to see my good friends in Triosphere have gotten some interest on here. It's well deserved interest i think for those hard working norwegian musicians. I've followed them since i attended their release party for the album "Onwards" in 2006 and seen them quite a few times since. Ida got the best female voice in rock/metal today imo. Not only persuing the musical career, she's also studying to become a lawyer, so brains and a voice. :p
    They've toured and supported WASP, Kamelot, Arch Enemy, Jorn and more and i believe with the "The Road Less Travelled" album there will be a lot more going on for these guys and girl. A killer band on stage, powerful and energetic, so they would raise a lot of eyebrows and horns if watched live. Hopefully they will enter the PPUSA stage one day. I'll be there if/when it happens.:headbang:

9. MEGALOUD

MEGALOUD The Nightmare Has Begun..

Minneapolis/St. Paul,MN (The Twin Cities)
    it's a GREAT band, Frode introduced me too not too long ago, shame they were already signed, I'd been all over them!

10. longshot9

longshot9 Member

love the music, right up my alley but it's going to take me a bit to get into her voice. sounds like she's got a head cold or something.

11. J-Dubya 777

J-Dubya 777 It NEVER ends

I hope it happens, too! Liked this band since I first heard the Onwards cd.:headbang:
    I didn't know about her law studies, that is very cool! :headbang:

You like the growly stuff & the uber clean female vocals, and are having a hard time with Ida's vox? Is this Jeffro logged in as you? :heh:
    I could listen to Kate French, Leather Leone, or Ida all day.... I actually like a little rasp in my female vocals.... Had no issue with the vox from the get go.
    Awesome band all around, would love to see them grace the PPUSA stage....

12. SeaStorm

SeaStorm Member

I'm having very weird issues with the vocals. When I thought they were male vocals, I was like "I love these vocals!" Now that I know they are female vocals, I feel oddly weird when listening o_O It shouldn't make a difference, right??? If it sounds good, it sounds good.

I even had my wife listen to Watcher and tell me about the vocals. She also thought they were male vocals.

I feel weird now, but I know I shouldn't! :erk:

13. J-Dubya 777

LOL! I had the same reaction when the Dio Holy Diver album came out. Good guitar playing, and wow Vivian Campbell is really a female guitar player to keep an eye on. Saw a band pic a month od so later and I was like WTF???!! :err:
    Good vox ARE good vox
    :Spin:

14. BlackRoseMetalHeart

BlackRoseMetalHeart Metal Mistress

Same here! Seems that every time you or I mention them there's always 4 or 5 new people who dig them that say they've never heard of them before. Guess it's a good thing that we keep bringing them up!

Really hoping to see Triosphere at ProgPower (or get them for Flight of the Valkyries :devil:) sometime soon! :headbang:

15. J-Dubya 777

How about Both? ; )
    Yeah, I thought there was another Triosphere thread this year that got buried,
    but it dos help to mention things again from time to time. It wasn't us this time, ;) Great band that should appeal to the power & prog crowd alike. They don't sound like anybody else, imo, which is a GOOD thing.... :kickass: