This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Just a heads up... In the next week or two we will be making some major upgrades to the site to bring the software and server fully up to date. While the upgrade happens the site will be offline for the day. There will be some quirkiness after the upgrade, but we'll get it all sorted out.
    Dismiss Notice

TRIPTYKON bass sound

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by A.D.I., May 5, 2016.

1. A.D.I.

A.D.I. New Metal Member

Hi guys,

I'm mixing a band and the bassist is asking me for a bass sound like this one :

I think I got a good sounding bass in my mix & good mix itself, but it's this type of a guy : "yeah, it's awesome, but could you try this sound to see, because I love it" you know !!!

I've got 2 bass tracks : 1 clean DI Avalon U5 & 1 dist B7K
    Bass is Fender 5 strings precision or jazz, don't know exactly

I've got thermionik + recabinet, tse, ampeg svx, free plugs like ignite, lepou, etc + few mixing plugs
    I'm working with Cubase 8.5

I can't send tracks for you at the moment, but it'll be possibhle if you want to hear di, dist, or mix

Hope you'll be able to help me !
    Thanks

2. TRUIE

TRUIE Member

Hi,
    You should be able to get close with the B7K but it depends a lot on how it was recorded (huge dist or slight crunch ?).
    Depends a lot on how the bass DI sounds by itself, and also how it was played.
    But you should be OK with the classic DI Lo filtered track + HPed grit track.

If the B7K track is not distorded enough, try to get close with some plugins (Thermionik Recto might be cool for that kind of sounds).

Anyway, that's hard to tell without hearing any clip yeah.

3. mva801

mva801 Member

Always loved the sound of that bass. The triptykon sound woks really well with the sound of the guitars on that record. There's a very present kind of fuzzy overdrive on it. Definitely try mixing the low end of the di with a filtered distortion track to emphasize the particular frequency range that will stick out compared to the guitars.

4. egan.

egan. daylightdies.com

It sounds like a bass big muff to me. I'd try whatever fuzz emu's you have at your disposal and work from there.

5. Grå Värld

Grå Värld Member